Resealing for an exchange

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by EvaUnit13, Dec 8, 2011.

1. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I got a DOTM Thundercracker with 2 right arms so i'm thinking about exchanging it for another one. i used an xacto along the edge of the plastic bubble, so i was wondering what the best way to reseal it for a return/exchange would be.

2. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

Uh, why reseal it? That's messed up, in my opinion. Tell the store it is defective so that some other poor customer doesn't get shafted. Any decent store should happily take back a defective product.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    send it to Hasbro. Sending it back to the store is mean to the next person to buy it.

4. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

ah, i didnt know that they'd put it out on the shelves. thanks for the replies.

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Thing is if you send it back to Hasbro it will take a couple of months for them to process it and send you a replacement deluxe figure. There is NO guarantee that you will get a DOTM Thundercracker back.

Just take it back to the store (opened), tell them the item is defective and you wish to exchange it.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, and then when they ask why you opened it, you can laugh because for once, that could actually be a valid question.

7. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    It's not a part that is just upside down is it - that you can knock the pin out of and reverse it ?

I had the same problem thrice this year once with Cyberfire Bumblebee (same Upper arms) and once with Scanning Ratchet (duplicated green biceps) and once with the knee pads on my Blue X-Overgen Grand Patriot.

Take it back... But you might want to buy another one before you do just in case there's something wrong with the new one like a split ball joint cuff or a different faulty part and you need to juggle parts then you can return the other one.

8. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, if you want a Bumblebee as a "replacement".

But yeah, don't reseal it. Just show the factory error to the Waltargets R Us Mart customer service and they'll give you a refund. There's no need for that mistake to make it back to the shelves.

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Almost any stores will take open merch back with a receipt. You may only get store credit, but they'll take it.

I had the same thing happen with Animated Starscream. He was missing his head, so I boxed him back up and took back, got my money back and that was that.

10. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Don't reseal it - the store (hopefully?) won't put a defective item back on the shelf. These are usually collected up and returned to Hasbro.

11. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah just bring it back and blatantly tell them it's defective. some stores will exchange it for you and STILL put the defect back out on the shelves, but if you made it clear on your part that something was wrong and they still decide to do that, you did your part and that's the stores fault. you can't be responsible for what their employees choose to do.

12. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you just take it back like any defective product and exchange or get a refund, the store wont treat the toy any differently than if it were a bad apple or a broken photo frame.

13. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what i find weird is how many TF fans elevate their toys waaay over what they are and think they are going to get some strange treatment from the staff upon return!! truly bizarre. Even where a toy has an obvious design flaw i have taken stuff back and just said this fails at its intended design because it doesnt lock together properly for eg, no questions asked, refund given.

14. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Take it back to the store. You should be able to exchange it, and the store will send it back to Hasbro for a refund.

15. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    :lol