Rescue Bots Shark Sub Capture and Tunnel Rescue Drill Out at TRU

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by JukeOutlander, Aug 5, 2015.

1. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    I don't know if this has been sighted yet. Found at tru San Jose. Also saw High Tide with his boat.
    [​IMG]

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    I believe that goes along with High Tide's ship somehow.

Good find.

3. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    Thanks. I kinda wish that ship transformed other than the head just popping up. >=\

4. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thought these had been sighted already. Saw them in a MD TRU two dsys ago also.

5. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh shoot, I didn't realize these hadn't been sighted either. Saw them yesterday at a TRU in Rockaway, NJ.

6. wrecker

wrecker Particle man

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also in times square tru

7. engledogg

engledogg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Also found in Pennsylvania on August 1, along with High Tide and the new wave of mostly repacked "deluxes" along with the new Bumblebee mold.

MIKE
    engledogg

8. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
  9. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    I was just logging in to post up photos in the Official Images News topic (when Amazon had them in stock two weeks ago), but now that this News topic is more current, I'll post the photos here instead.

I had ordered these from Amazon on July 23rd (with several other toys), and they just arrived today (in Australia)... so I took these photos for anyone yet to decide on getting these, and anyone just curious on what they are like.
    (right-click an image and select "view image" to see it full-size)

The Tunnel Rescue Drill comes with the Graham Burns figurine from 2013 & the Morbot figurine from 2014. As some have noted in the Official Images News topic, this Drill was previously released by Hasbro for their Marvel Heros toyline.
    The Shark Sub Capture comes with the Dr Morocco & Blades figurines from 2013 (in the same 2-pack).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Out of packaing.
    The Drill has one moving gimmick - the spinning drill.
    The Shark Sub has two moving gimmicks - the chomping jaw, and moving tail (when it rolls along the ground).
    [​IMG]

At first glance I thought it was just a straight repack of the previously released figurines, but having them next to the original versions, each one has something different. Three have paint apps removed, while one has paint added.
    The left pairs are the originals - the right pairs are the ones with these new Vehicles.
    Blades has the grey paint on the arms missing and the orange paint on the shins missing.
    Dr Morocco is only missing the yellow paint on his jacket button... and a VERY slightly different shade of coloring of the clothes.
    Morbot is missing the purple paint on the end of the gun arm.
    Graham has ADDED yellow paint to the helmet, different colored boots & belt, and a noticeably different shade to the colors of the clothes and skin.
    [​IMG]

10. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Sloooooow news day. :confused2  This site should really have a kiddy section for this news. Would be convenient for parents.

Nice pics! :thumb 

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Why do they keep releasing Morocco with Blades?

12. isntthatprime

isntthatprime The 14th Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    [​IMG]

Don't know if this has been reported yet but I saw this at my TRU in Garland, TX

High Tide and his ship.

13. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

:lol  That little Hulk figure above High Tide looks like he's about to do a cannonball onto the deck.

I also think this was reported.

14. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    To go with the Vehicle sets, High Tide Playset... or probably more appropriate - High Tide the Brainmaster.

(right-click and view images for full size versions)

[​IMG]

Sooooo many parts. Why couldn't they at least partially assemble it, as parents probably aren't keen to spend half an hour building and stickering it while they have a nagging child waiting to play with it.
    [​IMG]

15 plastic parts, a sticker sheet and four bits of card.... which has Cody and the dog, and ironically, they are on one of the stickers too. So when you build the toy and put all the stickers on, there are two Codys and two dogs.

A big set of building instructions to go with all the parts.
    [​IMG]

Looks like some parts have changed since the instructions were done up from the prototype... as the crane platform doesn't match the diagrams.
    [​IMG]

Built, but no stickers yet.
    [​IMG]

With a Legends, Deluxe and Voyager for scale.
    [​IMG]

Heaps of stickers.
    [​IMG]

Fully stickered, and next to an assortment of other Transformers boats throughout the last 30 years.... it dwarfs them all.
    [​IMG]

Two sections of the ship open up. The rear section is a prison compartment, while the front section is for the High Tide submarine to be located. On the bow of the boat is a hatch for a human figurine.
    [​IMG]

There is one more compartment, which relates to my initial comment about this High Tide toy being like a Brainmaster toy.
    The main red tower part of the boat has a compartment for the blue sub in robot mode. The white levers on each side of the red tower go up and down.
    Up - forces a giant robot head (of High Tide) to pop out the top of the red tower. The blue sub Bot doesn't go up the tower like Brainmaster toys, but that's what little kids are made to think when they put in the blue sub Bot and close over the lid to hide it.
    Down - forces the blue sub Bot to transform and launches it out into the forward compartment in Sub mode ready for deployment when you swing out the front section to reveal him.
    [​IMG]

Photos to demonstrate the two features of the white levers on the sides of the red tower.
    Pushing the levers up to make it look like the blue sub Bot is going up and pushing the giant head out the top....
    [​IMG]

And pushing the levers down after putting the blue sub Bot into the cavity... forcing it to transform and then shoots it forward into the front compartment, ready to launch in sub mode.
    [​IMG]

This toy is a lot of fun... but it comes in waaaay too many parts.
    I feel bad for the parents who give this to their young child, and then have to spend about 10-30 minutes to build it and sticker it, which has the kid impatiently wanting to play with the new toy they just opened.