Rescue Bots Season 2, Episode 14, "The Vigilant Town" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by moreprimeland, May 24, 2014.

1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    Looks like the Memorial Holiday weekend won't keep us from having a new episode to watch...yay!!

Title: The Vigilant Town

Airdate - 05/24/2014

Airtime: Hub network, 1:30pm ET, 12:30pm CT

Zap2it: The new computer designed to keep Griffin Rock safe becomes dangerous.

TV Guide: A new computer is created to make the townsfolk safe, but the machine becomes dangerous.

Maybe last week's mechanical bull can "crash" the computer for the gang. :D 

2. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, at least one of my weekend shows has a new episode (TMNT seems to have given way to some SpongeBob-a-thon on Sunday). As to RB's title, seems like I've seen this scenario before on other programs. I think it's still going to be good and on a side note can't wait to see the RB crew at BotCon in a few weeks.

3. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Finally caught up on the last 3 episodes, dear god i'm slipping, hopefully I'll actually watch this one today when it gets put online

4. Repainted

News Credits:
    Well, of the inventions kept from the last episode, surprisingly the Scrapmaster is one of them. Not surprisingly was Mayor Luskey putting the town in danger to begin with in forgoing the beta testing of "Vigil" the super computer that was to make things safer. Vigil did have a creepy factor in knowing so much about everyone. Wonder just how much he knew as he didn't react when the Rescue Bots talked openly in front of him (As only the Burnses and Greenes know they're not regular machines). Got to believe we'll see Vigil again as he's sitting on the island of Misfit Tech.

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'm getting tired of the Mayor cutting corners causing the plot of the week, mostly because he never seems to get a comeuppance.

Man, Vigil brought a host of complicated adult issues to a kids show. Freedom vs Security is one of the basic dilemmas of humanity and this episode went far further then I thought it would've. It also flirted briefly with the idea of the machine making decisions for you (With Frankie not being allowed to cook), and many other ethical/morality quandaries.

However, I was completely taken off guard by the last thing that happened with Vigil; never would've seen that coming.

6. Fanatic97

Fanatic97 Fanatic97

Same 0_o

I wonder who made him, or if it hpapedned like TFA Soundwave.

Or maybe he scnaned the Resuce Bots memeories and elarned about them

7. FanTransformers

FanTransformers HUH !

News Credits:
  8. Repainted

News Credits:
    Looked for the Decepticon insignia in my DVR episode and didn't see it until I looked at the YT version. I guess they feel compelled to wrangle in some more of the fandom into watching the show (which wouldn't be bad) even though it seems to be doing well as is. An interesting development which I expect will see some follow up.

9. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa!!! Did NOT see that coming. It's a fine set-up for future conflict.

10. abates

abates Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Different Scrapmaster! The one in The Island of Misfit Tech is a prototype model. The island has another later model which first popped up in Cody on Patrol, and which only scans things that have been tagged by a human.

11. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    DAT ENDING... I'm surprised they're adding that to the show! Maybe now people will stop complaining about that aspect missing...

Anyways, good ep! Was fairly intense... & will definitely be a set up for more... I wonder if Morocco is connected too... with what he found in his ep... ooo exciting!

12. Garou

Garou Member

Me thinks that the YouTube clip has been doctored (Morocco?) -- the Con logo was not on my TV this morning.

13. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    Interesting... the Hub has the vid uploaded & yes... it doesn't have the logo... wonder why it was charged on the YT vid...

14. Fanatic97

Fanatic97 Fanatic97

Possibly, It might be that it's a running change, if the cons are involved at all they may wnat to get in and keep it low key.

15. Repainted

News Credits:
    I don't think the logo'd episode was doctored by a fan. That's a lot of short notice for someone to do something as specific and yet random as that on a brand new episode. I think what we have is one of those rare variant episodes we sometimes come across. Examples include the G1 episode of "Dark Awakening" which either have or don't have Victor Caroli's end narrative about Optimus Prime returning. You've got variant episode titles like "ShockBlast's Rampage" (or I think the other version was "Laser Wave: Rampage") from Transformers: Energon. There's even a significantly re-edited episode like "Spychangers to the Rescue" from RiD resulting from the events of 9/11.

16. MaxxieOD

News Credits:
    I think it was...after watching it again (and not being distracted by spazzing), it's kinda obvious now. The box it appears in doesn't line up at all.

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    A long enjoyable weekend.... and finally got to watch RB... :) 

Creepy episode.... Vigil (voiced by Bill Mumy btw) was (to me) a cross between HAL 9000 and Robocop. The way Vigil talked made me think of HAL and that he overrode everyone and everything-he must have 100% control at all times....as for Robocop, well...the prime directive. Whew.

Personally, I believe he was 'placed' in Griffin Rock by the Rich Industrial Tycoon-- Madeline Pynch, seems like something she would do...she's still trying to get to the RB's....see what makes them tick.... by using Vigil she could 'control' the bots perhaps.
    She would 'influence' the Mayor to bring this tech to town, I have no doubt.

Time for an election for a new Mayor. Really.

Interesting that Scrapper was back, but not the bull... Aww.

When Vigil 'reactivated' himself on Misfit Island.... ruh roh. Lots of tech to be corrupted there....safely of course. :D 

Pretty good ep.