Rescue Bots Academy!

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Wild Eevee

Wild Eevee Well-Known Member

I figured they use that reference sooner or later.Also I wish Hasbro would post this on YouTube like they did with Cyberverse but they don't seem to be acknowledging it at all on their channel.

2. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    The reason probably is that they just want as many people as possible to get Discovery Family, and they absolutely don't care if the area it exists in is on the opposite side of the planet from some potential viewers. Meanwhile, Cyberverse is on Cartoon Network, which a) they don't own even a part of and b) uploads the episodes online anyway.

3. TLK Barricade

TLK Barricade Keep calm and Hail Megatron.

How can I watch this show? I don't currently have cable, and none of the websites I normally use have it yet.

4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Cable? Discovery Family isn't even avalible through regular cable... at least not where I live. Might be different where you live but generally Cable only gets a few local channels.

5. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

Not sure if this counts as a continuity error. There's possible explanations that could fix this but since the show never even mentions it...

The Rescue Bot Recruits find a lost dog. It's mentioned that the academy has a rule against having pets. The dog who as it turns out was also named Heatwave because his owner named the dog after his favorite resuce bot, was returned and then RB Heatwave got the recruits a gold fish...

So what I want to know is what happen to Servo? The Rescue Bots technically already had a dog, so did the writers of this episode forget that Servo exists? Was he killed off camera? Is that why the original team suddenly don't like pets?

6. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube (Old):
    It was specifically said in the first series that Servo is a Cybertronian helper-bot, not a pet, so Heatwave and the others probably keep this way of thinking. And the rule is there most likely because they want the recruits to focus on their training, and pets usually need a lot of attention. Besides, there was that time when Boulder wanted a lion as a pet, so preventing something like that from happening again would be a good idea.

With them suddenly showing Blades as one of the teachers who has always been there, I'm not too worried about High Tide, Servo, Blurr, Salvage and Quickshadow, they might just be busy elsewhere, as Cybertron is now repopulated and probably needs as many Rescue Bots as possible (but it doesn't explain why they only have the academy to open now and only with 5 recruits). Maybe there are more and this one is just the most "elite".

7. MedShot

MedShot Active Member

Links to episodes?

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

1. Pets can be helpers too though. It all depends on how they're trained. Heatwave the dog the subject of this episode was also a trained rescue pet... a helper... so Server being a helper bot does not actually exclude him from being a pet. He's a dog, dogs are pets.

2. Blades actually hasn't always been there... and to answer a lot of your questions... didn't you see the ending of the original Rescue Bots? Heatwave, Blades, Boulder, and Chase were split up, each given their own separate missions. Heatwave was the only one actually assigned to run the Rescue Bots Academy which is why we we've always seen him from the very first episode but don't always seen the others. They are likely only visitors during the episodes they appear having breaks from their own missions and wanting to keep in contact they use the Rescue Academy and Griffon Rock to meet up with their former team mates. The recruits likely treat Blades and Boulder with the same respect as Heatwave despite neither of them actually being full time teachers at the academy for the same reason that any student still refers to substitutes in the same way they refer to full time teachers.

I still see Mr. Craft every so often because he volunteers at Railtown which is within walking distance of my house and also housed actors for the theater I worked at so I've actually been to his house a few times after I graduated... and yes I still call him Mr. Craft as if he were my teacher still because I've had him as a sub pretty much every year I was in school and it's just become a habit at this point. I've legally had alcohol while at a party in his house which was already weird enough without suddenly calling him by a different name on top of it. Lol

Also the Academy is not just now open with these five recruits. If you recall Blurr and Salvage were actually the first Rescue Bot Recruits... plus there was a few other bots who were never named, never spoke, but were seen standing in the background behind Blurr and Salvage in a couple episodes of the original show. So the Academy has been open for a while.

The only thing I'm confused about is why these five look so child-like when the previous recruits have been normal sized Autobots. It's not even like they really sound or act like children... except maybe Hot Shot... they're just smaller and cuter than the other Autobots we've seen. Like they've been chibified which is typically something you do in animation when you want it look more child-like.

Makes me wander because the animation style isn't exactly the same as the previous series, does that mean that Blurr and Salvage will have child-like designs in this show as well? Maybe they'd look more adult since they graduated but what if they show flash backs to events that happened when they were students, then will they appear with those child-like designs even though they've never looked like children.

How does that even work, they're robots, they can't grow as they age so just WHY.

Oh BTW has anyone else noticed that Wal Mart now has a box set of the original four Rescue Bots? It's basically a rerelease of the original toys except they now have remolded cartoon accurate head sculpts.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

So earlier in the season we had episodes air in the wrong number order and now we have an episode that appears to be numbered wrong.

Episode 28, the recruits act as if they're meeting Blades for the first time even though Blades has already appeared in a couple episodes before this. This really should aired before that Cheer leading episode and the one with the dog as Blades was in those episodes as well.

10. MedShot

MedShot Active Member

Wasn't this episode 23?

11. MedShot

MedShot Active Member

Also, can someone please put up the episodes here? I haven't been able to watch any since episode 20

12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

There was a user who use to upload episodes on YouTube but I haven't seen a single one go up... and I accidentally deleted episode 1 from my Tablet. Meant to keep all the episodes on here so I could watch with my little one later but I hit the wrong button.

13. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    RBA Whirl is the daughter to Whirl IDW. I'm so proud of him

• Like Like x 2
  14. MedShot

MedShot Active Member

I don't even know Whirl IDW but I'm just happy to know the Recruits have parents :D 

15. Gzstg

Gzstg Well-Known Member

IDW Whirl is a insane psychopathic mass murder who also accidently started the IDW Great War by beating a then pacifist Megatron when he was imprisoned with him. also I found a youtube channel called Cartoon Media Network that uploads episodes of RBA in 6 2-3 minuet segments. you should check out IDW's whirl TFwiki page for more information about him he is actually a sad figure and one of the more compelling characters of Lost Light.

16. MedShot

MedShot Active Member

Thanks! I actually started using this website that has uploaded all the episodes up to 26. Here's a link: Transformers: Rescue Bots | Watch cartoons online, Watch anime online, English dub anime

• Like Like x 2
  17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

18. MedShot

MedShot Active Member

So, on the RBA Wiki, 52 episodes are listed in season 1. But I checked the Discovery Family schedule for the next 2 weeks and no episodes are scheduled to air so...is the show on hiatus or something?

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

It's not usual for a series to go on a hiatus in the middle of a season... the CW does it with pretty much every series having a mid season finally right before a long hiatus in the middle of the season.

20. MedShot

MedShot Active Member

Could someone PLEEEEEEEEEASE put up RBA episodes 21-26 in Full HD or HD? Please?