Rescue Bots Academy to air on Discovery Family in the fall

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Takao, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I was five when I started watching the 80s cartoon.

2. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Great news. Discovery kids recently just stopped showing re-runs of Rescuebots and Transformers Prime. Glad to know this will be this fall and won’t have to wait until next year to satisfy my Rescuebots fix. But I am sorely missing the soul and humor of the original one and hopefully they’ve kept that quality humor and writing.

3. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    It’s just not that kind of show. Like people have said, it’s a family-oriented show geared mostly for preschoolers which adults can enjoy too with entertainment, humor & some educational value.

They did introduce a minicon Decepticon in one episode. But if they do introduce a Decepticon main-stay innthe series, chances are he/she would have to be a good guy working with the rescuebot Autobots.

• Like Like x 1
  4. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

Can they just stop making this garbage and bring back Animated?....That's all I want. RiD2015 was shit, Rescue bots is shit, The last GOOD TF show we got was Prime. That was 5 years ago!!!

5. lordmegatron64

Oh no....Hot Shot....What have they done to you?....

6. JomasterII

JomasterII The Space Consultant from Jolo

News Credits:
    They rebuilt him. They have the technology to make him smaller... faster... cuter.

• Like Like x 4
  7. captain N

captain N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok i was 7. Today's transformers cartoons are for only 5 year old's. Hasbro has forgoten the fans.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  8. LeonSteamhawk

LeonSteamhawk Micromaster

While Hot Shot wasn't my first Transformer (that title goes to RiD Movor I believe), he was one of the the earlier ones I had so I admit I might have to pick up a toy of this version once they start hitting stores. I don't usually get Rescue Bots (only one I have is ironically fellow-RBA-character Hoist my uncle picked up along with some other Transformers at a flea market or something), but Hot Shot might have to be an exception. Armada was my childhood. :) 

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  9. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still want Universe style rescie bots, maybe they could work them into that next line.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lordmegatron64

It smells.....

11. JonnyT

JonnyT Well-Known Member

Pretty sure that's unlikely to happen now, at least through the incumbent home video distributor Shout! Factory. Their last home video season set was for Robots in Disguise (2015, of course) Season One, and that was two years ago. Either Shout! lost interest, or the sales simply weren't there at the levels seen with any of the other Transformers series they released.

12. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Y'know? I keep thinking I'll quote someone and lay down the facts and stuff, but I think I'll just make the statement and make my case as it's presented to me.

*ahem*

Rescue Bots is the best TF cartoon we've gotten this decade.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Beemer

Beemer Coined "Sunbowner" TM (C) R

News Credits:
    WHAT MIRROR DIMENSION AM I LIVING IN?!? MY EYES, THEY BURN! ZE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!!!

Seriously, get the original Armada Hot Shot voice actor, and play him totally seriously, except one upside-down-world episode where he goes berzerk and Deadpools all over the third wall, that would crack me up.

14. lordmegatron64

Prime says Hello from atop said throne.

• Like Like x 1
  15. NotRamjet97

News Credits:
    ...porcelain throne? Jk.

The reason Prime doesn't get there, for me, is that, while it tried to set out to do a lot of new stuff, it was still fairly derivative. Most of the Autobot cast members were either weaker versions of characters we'd gotten in previous incarnations (Bumblebee, Bulkhead, and Optimus Prime), or different, but never really went anywhere (Arcee). The second season was filled with a generic macguffin hunt and went on way too long. Just because it had a darker and edgier shell doesn't mean the inside was really any different from what we've gotten before.

16. lordmegatron64

Rescue Bots, being a toddlers show, will never be able to unfold a real presence on actual character development and depth of the Autobot Decepticon conflict. I'd argue that energon was better than Rescue Bots. Because it, at least, had actual action.

17. NotRamjet97

News Credits:
    But... you don't need to be about action all the dang time. Transformers can be about more than just action, and an Autobot Rescue team does make sense for stuff after big Autobot/Decepticon battles. And... Rescue Bots did have action. There were car chases and the occasional skirmish with a Morbot or some out of control invention. Action is not limited to lazers and big heavy slams and the like.

Honestly the writing felt more respectful of it's audience in Rescue Bots than it did in Prime. In RB they seemed to acknowledge adults would be watching it, and would throw them a bone here and there, be it references to pop culture or just genuinely funny jokes. It was entertaining, which is the most important thing you have to do in entertainment. Even in spite of being a show for a younger audience (even though I think both Prime and RB were rated TV-Y7 in the US), it managed to do more.

18. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Rescue bots was a slice of life show about alien robots helping a family of humans, sorry it didn't have slow mo fight scenes every episode or guns that only did damaged when the plot called for it.

19. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    More like the best TF cartoon ever. ;) 

Fighting not-Godzilla and not-Rodan at the same time is clearly not action) Honestly, the Rescue Bots (even without High Tide) are probably stronger than Bumblebee's RID squad and they actually have some potentially lethal weapons. They would be able to handle a Decepicon or two and they have some experience with literal armies of different drones. Battles are a part of RB series, just not the only part of it.

20. lordmegatron64

MTMTE is Slice of life done right.