Rescue Bots Academy end of season 1

Discussion in 'Transformers Cyberverse and Cartoon Discussion' started by Stormragetron, Nov 9, 2019 at 12:55 AM.

1. Stormragetron

Stormragetron Well-Known Member

Just finished season 1 and can't believe how good this show is.
    The 10 minute episodes work great and while all the stories were aimed to teach little ones about teamwork and doing the right thing, at no point was it preachy or patronising.
    The academy bots are extremely likeable and for me the standout character was Whirl with her infectious enthusiasm. I was concerned Hotshot might me a bit of a cocky idiot but he actually had a great story arc.
    I preferred it to original Rescue Bots as there were no humans flying around with helicopter jet packs and annoying Dr Emmett Brown ripoffs.
    Honestly I don't think there was a bad episode.... Roll on Season 2

Edit _ oops, just noticed the other Rescue Bots Academy thread ( please delete this one if necessary)

2. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whirl is my favorite too & for the same reason. While the rest of the team has conflicting personalities to help generate some stories, she seems like the only one that’s actually excited to be there. I watch this show just for her.

The rest of the team isn’t bad or anything, but they don’t stand out like Whirl does.

06779AD5-6B6F-4AC0-B1A7-E1B254685AEF.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  3. Arvegtor

Arvegtor Aerialbot

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    I've also just finished watching season 1, and the show is actually better than expected but still needs to grow to the original Rescue Bots level (which is a very high standard). Some episodes felt really bad ("Bee Prepared', "Little Bot Peep", "Balloon Up a Tree"), others were amazing ("The Ice Wave", "Buddy Cop", "The Big, Small Rescue" and several others). Also didn't expect new and old characters in the last episodes.
    The characters were indeed good. I didn't like Medix at first, but after doing some reading about what his characterisation was inspired by I've started to understand him better. And Whirl is absolutely the best.

With this ending I wonder what they're going to do for the secomd season - are they going to bring a new team of recruits, continue with the existing one or do both.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cliffjumper

Cliffjumper And awaaaaaay we go!

News Credits:
    It's a pretty good show.

• Like Like x 1