Requesting Opinion Prototype design.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by AlphaCustoms, Jan 30, 2019.

?

Which set of legs is more proportionate?

1. 5%

25.0%
  2. 7%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 10%

75.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AlphaCustoms

AlphaCustoms Active Member

44EB7757-23C4-40FB-B314-3B7CEEC09D66.jpeg 380BD3A1-535C-468A-A966-5F7A4378DF9F.jpeg 0F430F6A-B607-4C74-8D46-5167C31F81E3.jpeg Hello, Im sure a couple people recognize this account as the official Alpha Customs TFW account. And it still is. I may have gone dark for a bit but rest assured I have been very busy. I have been making a product that would help bring some more life to the galactic battlefield of the cybertronian war. I have made a design that has been made, tested, and handed off to multiple people who all say the same thing. The lower half is too small. So I have made some quick, sloppy pictures of the waists and legs with their respective size increases. I would love some advice. Bellow in decending order are the 3 main size increases. Image 1 is the lower body increased by 5%. Image 2 is increased by 7%. And image 3 is increased bt 10%. I would love the input to help make the figure as proportionate as possible. Thank you for your time.

Attached Files:

2. AlphaCustoms

C12ED28F-BA26-4D5F-BC2D-DB4036EC1DD3.jpeg 892C8C52-9512-4A25-9DB6-03D320ABD011.jpeg D907B667-08FA-4C7F-8803-6876CF6CB420.jpeg Hello, Im sure a couple people recognize this account as the official Alpha Customs TFW account. And it still is. I may have gone dark for a bit but rest assured I have been very busy. I have been making a product that would help bring some more life to the galactic battlefield of the cybertronian war. I have made a design that has been made, tested, and handed off to multiple people who all say the same thing. The lower half is too small.

So I have made some quick, sloppy pictures of the waists and legs with their respective size increases. I would love some advice. Bellow in decending order are the 3 main size increases. Image 1 is the lower body increased by 5%. Image 2 is increased by 7%. And image 3 is increased bt 10%. I would love the input to help make the figure as proportionate as possible. Thank you for your time.

3. Fuhzimota

Fuhzimota Well-Known Member

10% seems to be the best of the three, IMO. No matter which way you go, I would suggest that your thighs and shoulders be the same (or nearly the same diameter,) and that the your shins and shoulders should be the same (larger that thighs/shins) diameter. this will give you a more proportionate figure, especially if this is going to be a "generic" body-type drone. Most generic characters are designed this way; in basic proportions so a to be "filler" characters - i.e., mannequins, as opposed to "hero" characters, with more muscular of exaggerated bodies. (or in the case of Transformers, barrel chests -Optimus, Grimlock, Soundwave: really thin arms and legs - Cheetor, Prime Soundwave and Starscream: or murder claws - Bayverse Tank Megatron, G1 Omega Supreme, Longrack, etc.) Anyhoo, that's my opinion, for what it's worth!

4. AlphaCustoms

We will be modifying the skeleton when we start working with more unique characters bodytypes, but we will not be making any named characters. We will borrow some bodytypes from named characters, to which the skeleton will be appropriately adjusted. But right now these figures are supposed to be the most basic, generic, faceless soldiers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fuhzimota

Fuhzimota Well-Known Member

Well, I am very intrigued with your ideas. I'm getting a very Mugenbine vibe from the "basic, generic" design cues! I will be watching this project with great interest. Great job so far!

6. THEOrize2000

THEOrize2000 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] This was something I just threw together real quick. I was thinking that something more in line with these proportions might fit in more with a Transformers collection. I based the body loosely off of the G1 Maintenance Drones. Hope this helps a little.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. AlphaCustoms

Yes this is basjcally, exactly the bodytype we’re going for. It will become more pronounced when we begin addding vehicle parts to the skeleton to bring out the figure. For reference, this is one of the drones i began working on before i decided to move to a more stable, and flexible skeleton that can pull off more customizability options for the buyer. I appreciate the support guys! Dont be afraid to get the word out.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. AlphaCustoms

This is currently the top pole, 10% increase.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Typically, renders only go in Fan Art, but since you're asking for advice, we're off to Creative General Discussion since there's no actual physical work to show. When you have a physical product to show, just start a new thread in Customs.

10. AlphaCustoms

Oh i have physical work. Its just the plastic I used is kinda reflective and hard to see in full detail on camera. But ill try to take a picture anyway. Also my camera is broken so this doesn’t help. But i hope this looks good

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1