Reprolabels/Toyhax Feedback/Updates

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by nemesisconvoy, Aug 2, 2020.

1. gar3

gar3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Perhaps I've just been asleep at the wheel but do Robocents expire now? It seems the statement that Robocents do not expire is gone and instead this is all that remains on the main Discount Policy tab:

Robocents
    If you log into your account to place an order, you will earn Robocents! These can be applied toward your future Toyhax orders!

Also, in my account area under Vouchers I now see this:

Code Description Quantity Value Minimum Cumulative Expiration date
    LRP-xxxx Robocents Voucher 0 $14.03 Tax excluded None Yes 11/20/2022
    LRP-xxxx Robocents Voucher 0 $15.00 Tax excluded None Yes 11/26/2022
    LRP-xxxx Robocents Voucher 0 $06.10 Tax excluded None Yes 01/16/2023

Are those my current Robocents? I have 3114 at the moment according to my cart so that's $31.14 but those values do not match the above. Perhaps the above are something different?
    At any rate, the deletion of the statement that Robocents do not expire doesn't inspire much confidence :-(

EDIT - See:
    Reprolabels/Toyhax Feedback/Updates

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
  2. Fuze9

Fuze9 Piddle Patrol

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, big drop today:

[​IMG]

Of course, that's $60 for the 'bot and $30 for the weapon! I really can't justify the price. Heck, two full sets and you can get yourself a Deathsaurus! :D 

In other news, we've got: SG Blaster & Rewind, Legacy General Optimus Prime, & SG Ultra Magnus.

I'm in for SG Blaster, but the other two are just so gaudy. Magnus, in particular, is a disappointment. Feel like they go overboard with the "evil" FX on these SG releases. Some work well, like the lightning on Blurr, others... :confused: 

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    NINETY DOLLARS FOR STICKERS?! LOLWHUT?!

• Like Like x 2
  4. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    Big drop and no labels for Chomp or Monolith

5. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I really like the General Optimus Prime set for Wreckers Bulkhead.

Still, some of the prices are ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish they had made separate sets for SG Magnus and Delta Magnus. You're kinda forced to get both when you're really just going to use one or the other.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    582EB3D2-B819-4A05-833F-79C8DBFC3124.jpeg 42FB76BE-F416-4738-876E-A2AAA4E8BE38.jpeg 8C38D13C-0A1F-4296-9ED9-C86C83240BF0.jpeg C2B46B1D-BA5F-4A47-BFE0-6C5F5C3C41F0.jpeg

I was just thinking the other day how a Bulkhead would make a good General Optimus Prime. I even have a head I could use for it. However, $20 makes me hesitant.

8. gar3

gar3 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Another update e-mail just came through:

Some seriously sticky subject matter here!

Knockout is looking a little more like himself:
    https://toyhax.com/for-legacy/7348-labels-for-legacy-knock-out.html

This set for Legacy Menasor focuses on Motormaster's Trailer section:
    https://toyhax.com/for-legacy/7303-labels-for-legacy-menasor-motormastor-trailer.html

A classy new look for Legacy Wildrider:
    Labels for Transformers Legacy Wildrider - Toyhax

Legacy Burnout gets herself some new street racing styling:
    Labels for Transformers Legacy Burn Out - Toyhax

A GIANT upgrade for Legacy Metroplex:
    Labels for Transformers Legacy Metroplex - Toyhax

SG Blaster and Rewind are looking fantastic now, with metallic blue guns for the cassette:
    https://toyhax.com/for-shattered-glass/7304-labels-parts-for-sg-blaster-rewind.html

SG Ultra Magnus has been spruced up, with shoulder details inspired by the 2012 Botcon toy:
    https://toyhax.com/for-shattered-glass/7317-labels-for-sg-ultra-magnus.html

A set to fully flesh out Legacy Clampdown, in line with our previous work for Cordon and Prowl:
    https://toyhax.com/for-legacy/7328-labels-for-legacy-clampdown.html

Leaning in even more to the G1 Constructicon aesthetic, Hauler looks like a proper member of the team:
    https://toyhax.com/for-legacy/7290-labels-for-legacy-hauler.html

Adorned with metallic accents, Road Rocket:
    https://toyhax.com/for-legacy/7295-labels-for-legacy-road-rocket.html

Remember General Optimus Prime? Well we do:
    https://toyhax.com/for-legacy/7286-labels-for-legacy-general-optimus-prime.html

9. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    Just waiting for the Santa Prime set. I’m sure they’re going to have a ton of creative fun with that one.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Knock Out looks nice! *adds to cart* Too bad they stopped doing discounts on new sets...

So I've been slowly stickering up my CHUG Diaclone guys. The set for Cordon and Spin-Out is half nice... Cordon is great. But Spin-Out is NOT Diaclone accurate. I just want him to look like the original toy... I don't want a "paramedic" Spin-Out. I don't mind them doing alternate sets like this, but not in place of a proper set... Ugh.. I was going to use the Sunstreaker set, but it doesn't have many "Diacloney" labels...

EDIT: I just noticed Burn Out.. ANOTHER that should have had a Diaclone set... Please, toyhax, make these "vanity" sets in addition to the standard ones (i.e. the ones expected and match the other ones you've done in a series), not instead of...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
  11. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    They could, they should have made a sticker for Burn Out's faceplate to at least give her a mouth and yet they didn't and so, this is yet another disappointing set from them.

12. Fuze9

Fuze9 Piddle Patrol

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hate to sound like a broken record, but these prices. Knockout and Burnout are $20 and $25 respectively—so, basically the same price as the toys themselves. To me, upgrades (whether stickers, gap fillers, or weapons) shouldn’t cost more than half the price of the original figure. Of course, that’s becoming an untenable position.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    Agreed. There as so many sets lately that are interesting to me, but I can’t begin to justify the cost. Haven’t actually purchased in quite a while.

14. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    Those prices are a huge jump from the last sets for deluxe figures, which I think topped off at $15. These new sets are not complex enough for this increase. Compare these to the Jhiaxus set, a 5-sheet set for a voyager for $20. I don't think I could justify buying these new sets even in a holiday sale.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BWIguanusfan2

BWIguanusfan2 fan of BW Iguanus

YouTube (Legacy):
    Why doesn't blaster's sticker sheet include face stickers to make him look like his toy-based head? so lamema. hoping it could work as a bandage until someone makes one.

16. StarEpsilon

StarEpsilon Active Member

Alex from Toyhax here. Thought I'd address a couple of concerns I saw here.

Burnout and Knockout were priced too high - that's our mistake for making the sticker sheets so big. We went ahead and lowered both to $15, and refunded anyone who's already ordered the price difference.

As for robocents, they definitely don't expire. Once you use them, the site automatically converts them to a voucher, which does have an expiry date (these are the ones that appear in your "Voucher" page). At that point, you've already used those robocents though, and so the expiration date doesn't matter. If you've got robocents that are showing as expired, but that you didn't use, that's likely because it was imported from the previous version of the site. Feel free to send us a message through the Contact page, and we'll happily extend the expiration date.

• Like Like x 10
  17. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hey Alex can you please tell me why Toyhax has stopped doing any sets for MP scale, regardless of whether it’s for official or third party?

I’m still (somewhat patiently) waiting for a kit for MP-52 Skywarp as well as sets for loads of third party MPs that have come out the last couple years.

• Like Like x 1
  18. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Chiming in----would love sets for MMC's new Protectobots that are coming. A more toy-based deco option would be very appealing. Shiny silver and red barricade striping for Hot Spot, black Marshal-style stars for Streetwise... Don't need to be massive sheets, just the core differences between toon and toy.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sandstormer

Sandstormer Setting sail for Sureshot's search party

Good on you, Alex.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't know. Sometimes a kit costs money because it does a lot. The DNA kits which include transformable figures, for example. Those molds aren't cheap, same R&D as Hasbro, a lot of money and time invested. Some of the filler kits, such as the one for Earthrise Sunstreaker where you get the spoiler that transforms and folds into his arms, that takes a lot of print work and design. It's time-consuming.

BUT, I will meet you 100% of the way on the labels. There's literally no reason at all that they should cost as much, if not more than, the figures they're meant for. It's one thing when it's DNA or some garage kit guy in China just trying to get by, it's another when it's a set of labels printed out on crappy sticker paper that doesn't stick and generally isn't cut right. (Not to mention the friggin' wait time for your order and possible replacement to come in.) No thanks.

And that's great, but why has the quality gone down so much in the past decade? (Not all of it, mind you, but peeling stickers at this price is no bueno.) Stickerfixer shouldn't be necessary. For the prices you guys are asking, I expect those labels to be perfect and permanent. (Perfect as in no peeling, no ripping, cut properly from the get-go, etc. None of those should be an issue at the prices you guys ask. Sorry, not sorry. This is why I don't order from you anymore.)