Reprolabels/Toyhax Feedback/Updates

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by nemesisconvoy, Aug 2, 2020.

1. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I've been a loyal and eager customer of Reprolabels for years. I've loved so many of the sets that they've released. However almost all the sets that I've received this year have had one fatal flaw...their not being cut correctly and trying to remove them from the backing paper often results in torn or damages stickers. I think I will be taking a break from ordering any more for at least the rest of the year. Hopefully their quality control will improve.

• Like Like x 24
  2. SuperGiantThing

SuperGiantThing Artist When I Feel Like It

News Credits:
    Ah, that sucks man! I usually use an X-acto knife for any missing cuts, but I understand one shouldn't have to do so to begin with.

Most stickers usually peel better from certain angles, maybe that could help as well.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Barbarandroid

Barbarandroid Well-Known Member

Did you contact them about the issues? I've received misaligned faction symbols from them before and sent them an email right away to let them know and they sent me another sheet ( a good one) right away.

• Like Like x 7
  4. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I stopped getting their labels due to quality issues (and very questionable design choices). I find their freebie labels being better quality than the actual label sets.

Even their plastic accessories had major QC issues.

I like their backgrounds, though.

• Like Like x 9
  5. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ironically the quality is going down but they increased their prices significantly and removed all sales outside of new ones. Stopped buying from em to.

• Like Like x 8
  6. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...wait all sales outside new ones are removed? Craaaaaaaaap, now I regret waiting to buy a bunch of sets

Also sad to hear on the decrease in quality. Reprolabels used to be the gold standard :/

• Like Like x 5
  7. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

They are THE name in the aftermarket sticker market. But yes, the quality is slipping. And it's not the designs (at least not for me) it's the cutting of the individual stickers. 9 times I've had to request a new set this year. Before that, never...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  8. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    It's these two things that have turned me off of them more than QC issues. Sets for CHUG figures cost more than the figure sometimes, and I swear it's because they try to cover every flat surface with some glowing panel or other odd detail when all I really wanted was to fix something Hasbro left unpainted and add a license plate. On the occasions I do order a set I won't even use half the stickers on a sheet.

• Like Like x 16
  9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. The amount of filler is heinous now, and unless it's a symbol or a retro sticker pattern I'll just paint my figures instead. Any value my figures might lose from the alterations is easily less than whatever the bloated sticker sheet costs, and with superior results.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I thought it was really cool how the listened to feedback and got rid of that strange save 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 percent, save 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 percent, save 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 percent, and so on discount system and changed it for robopoints.
    Their sticker sheets have been a little over concerned with adding detail wherever there was room on the toy and not enough with improving flaws, like stickers to cover up battle damage.
    Their recent sets for Mirage, the lambos etc have been improvements, but lately I haven't seen anything new on their website.
    The factionsymbols for Decepticons are never well cut in my experience. Not even the free ones.

• Like Like x 1
  11. protohuman

protohuman Primus was a pander

Seems like you all faced the majority of the qc issues. I ordered five sets within the past year and only one was slightly cut shallow. Hope y'all get the good fortune cookie soon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

I have not bought anything from them since their main focus went from 3rd party figs to mainly doing just the hasbro figs that already have detail amd faction symbols...:

• Like Like x 2
  13. protohuman

protohuman Primus was a pander

It's a shame they can't fullly cover both bases. No one should understate the value of graphics design and cut programming involved in production. I'm sure they ain't making a killing where they can hire additional artists. I remember the upgrade label set I received in 2004ish for rid2001 Mach Alert to Prowl. Pretty substantial improvement in materials in the past fifteen years.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

I haven't bought anything since they stopped doing sales and likely wont buy any more. Like others I can't justify sticker sets that are roughly the same price as or more than the figures...

The robopoints in no way amount up to anything like the discounts during sales times. They would have been better scrapping all reward systems and reducing the base price of the stickers to start with.

• Like Like x 12
  15. northernautobot

northernautobot Frozen Autobot in MN

Ordered a few sets in the past six months myself with no issues here.

• Like Like x 1
  16. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I've said it for years. Too much unnecessary bloat in the sheets. Not enough repro labels from a company that started with that as their entire focus.

• Like Like x 6
  17. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    I only really ever bought from them 1-2 times a year, because the sheets were always a bit on the steep side. My usual buying time was the Black Friday sale, the only time things seemed like a really good deal (the only other times would be when things I needed were at 30% off, which wasn't bad). Now that they've discontinued the Black Friday sale, I don't know if I'll really be getting more unless the sheets are really must-have.

My dwindling interest in the site hasn't really been about quality (although I have had trouble with a few cuts that weren't complete, that's the worst it ever got), but aesthetics. Really not a fan of the whole "cyberglow" thing myself, so I passed on most sheets from the era when they were obsessed with them. Some of their original ideas click really well with me (the TR Action Master Prime set was the only reason I got that figure to begin with), but the OC sheets aren't for me (Smokeout, Shakedown, etc). Finally, I couldn't care less for this whole cel-shaded windows trend (funny how fans spent years clamoring for clear windows on their toys, only to slap cel-shaded stickers on them before long), and so many sets have those and really do nothing for me. That isn't their fault, though, just tastes not lining up.

Sometimes it's also the pricing and bundling that gets me; if the TR Velocitron set had been available with and without the guns (which as a part changed shipping significantly for international), I'd have gotten it much sooner than I did.

But they did and do some great work, and have been a good way to supplement Hasbro's budget-limited paint in recent years. Still love the TR Laser Optimus ones that came in that Velocitron set, especially since they brought enough options to almost let me make both the classic and eHobby decos. And then the G2 Aerialbots set matches the Hasbro tampos really well and extends that existing deco. And so on. And the material is durable and quality, although subject to QC problems. So maybe in the future if some sets emerge that are that good, or they consider some sales again (I don't buy nearly enough for robopoints to make a dent), maybe.

• Like Like x 3
  18. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm glad it's no longer just me upset with them. I had been shouted down before, glad to see I'm not alone. Sucks, though, because I want people to get their money's worth. I gave up on ToyHax. I ordered their POTP Rodimus set at the advice of one of their staffers and it's not the "magic" it was promised to be. Peeling (even after cleaning) and chewed up after transformations, etc. Nah. Not again.

• Like Like x 4
  19. WyldeBill

WyldeBill You will ride eternal. Shiny and chrome.

Ebay:
    I wish they could upgrade their tech to like a dry rub. Their sticker often peel off after a few months and look like stickers.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    I stopped buying from them after they decided to make all of the seeker tailfins the wrong colors, such a stupid decision on their part. I was already growing dissatisfied with the looks of their stickers, that was just the final decision that turned me away from them

• Like Like x 2