Reprolabels.com Create A Transformers Faction Symbol Contest Winner Announced

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Feb 1, 2006.

1. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well, mine doesn't seem in my oppinion to be nearly as good as several of the entries, but since it was asked, I'll post it here. The purpose behind mine was to give Shockwave's Army their own faction symbol. I realize that there's that one design out there that the top half is from the autobot logo, and the bottom half is from the decepticon logo; but I thought the faction deserved its very own wholly original design that a mere hybrid of the other two's symbols. I also wanted it to not only fit in with the other two factions' symbols, but also be remeniscent of the Decepticons' logo since at heart, Shockwave and his army are all in fact, decepticons!

[​IMG]

-Andy

2. alphie

alphie Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, my symbol sorta has the same concept as Redline's. It's Shockwave's symbol. Basically in my fan fic, the bots that wear this symbol have been experimented on and have been branded to let other bots know. Lame I know, but I'm still trying to work with it. :lol 

3. Eradicator

Eradicator I am Antithesis

It may not be a complex as some of the others, but that doesn't mean it's any less good. Yours and Richard's are both simple, but they do an excellent job of conveying the meaning of the faction;I gues the faction leaders in these cases.

I could tell before reading your reply it was meant as a shockwave faction as well as with Richard's it's instantly obvious it's meant to be a Unicron faction.

Sometimes simplicity is a good thing.

That being said I liked most of them. I see why the judging went on so long. I doubt I could even pick a top ten. There were some very interesting concepts in them.

4. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was among the many in the "Was gonna enter, but didn't get around to finishing one up before deadline" camp. It's fun to look through the entries, because I see ones that came surprisingly close to designs I had sketched up, either on a conceptual level (NexusPrime's planet-mode Unicron design) or visually (NIVEKGNA in this case).

If I'd a'finished my final pick, it would've been a 'femmebot' faction symbol.

My personal fave is MACRAPTRON's for its bold simplicity and originality

5. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    My "Rat Patrol" had ZERO chance against the others...

6. Llama G0d

Llama G0d Six-winged god of llamas

Yay! My work gets some loving! First time for everything... ;-)

But, it was actually meant to be a pie. To represent the proud pie-eaters' faction, of which I am a happy member. Me like pie! ;-)

7. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

There were some really great ones that I would love to have as decals. Great job everybody!

8. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

The winnner is all kinds of awesome... as are many of the others... personally one of the things I like about he Winner is its perfectly suited for the sorts of Semi Independant Autobot groups that are such an obsession with me.

9. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Nice stuff!

And these two have interesting insect and chibi vibes...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

Congrats for the winner thinking outside the box and creating a sideview of a symbol!

Why mine?

[​IMG]

Figured Ratbat's Ultracon faction from War Within still needed one. >.> Obviously it was based on Ratbat's face and the Decepticon symbol.

EDIT: I just realise I should have made a more commercial label that goes with any Autobot/Decepticon rather than with a specific subgroup. :)  Note that most entries can't easily be applied to most TFs while the winner's got a more 'neutral' attitude towards different bots and thus would sell better. :banghead: 

11. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I love the winner. Well, their symbol at least. Definitely has some novelty to it while capturing the vibe of the original. Although there were more than a few nice ones out there. I've sworn to start kitbashing this year, so I'll pick some up and try 'em out.

On another note, is anyone else amazed by how impressive the original symbols are for a '80s toy line? I mean, the 'Con faction symbol really conveys a sense of arrogance and imperial majesty, and the 'Bot symbol does the same for ancient wisdom and stoicism. Maybe I'm just reading into them, but I've always thought we lucked out with those two.

12. Thrashmeister

Thrashmeister <B><font color=red>TFW2005 Article Guy</font></B>

Mine looks like crap compared to the others, seriously XD

13. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

We really lucked out with the designers brought onto the project initially, the quality and precision of some of the first/second year moulds, and the lax toy safety laws that permitted so many sharp angled surfaces -- much of this design work didn't translate well to the original cartoons or comics.

I do wonder what Transformers would have been like if Soundwave had been written as Decepticon leader initially (given that he's the rough basis for the 'Con symbol, Prime being the rough basis for the 'Bots -- though that's more in G2, to be honest.) Whether he would have had the same characterisation, etc.

14. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    *points to avatar*

Mine was pretty obviously made to look like Galvatron. The story is that Galvatron in his arogance from being so powerful, and in his insanity, he redesigns the decepticon symbol to look like himself. He is the most powerful Decepticon leader ever. His insanity held him back, but he didn't know that. LOL

15. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Excellent artwork, people.

16. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i can't find mine, i must've forgot to send it. it was like a cross between the decepitcon logo and kk slider's face. animal crossing has stolen my life.

17. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    Congrats to Xenocryst, a well-deserved win and an uber-cool symbol. :D 

My symbol was for the Cult of Unicron, trying to incoporate the jaws, horns etc. You can judge for yourselves whether or not it was successful. ;) 

18. Emperor Megatron

Emperor Megatron Something goes here

Congrats Xenocryst, I really like the symbol. I should've submitted my Unicron faction symbol. But never got around to it.

Anyway, there were A LOT of good entries. Great job everyone!

19. Z3ROhour

Z3ROhour I WILL CUDDLE YOUR SOUL!!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    WOW!

Those where ALL stinky!!
    :peoples: 

I expected better.

I knew I should have entered.
    :stick: 

Congrats