Reproduction Mirage - In Depth Review - 56K Warning Picture Heavy

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Soot, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Very, very tempting. It's insane how well it was reverse-engineered.

2. gilermo

gilermo Well-Known Member

I recieved the encore re-issues this week,
    the quality was in some cases worse than the knockoffs.
    So i'll give these a shot, the k.o optimus prime was excelent quality,
    even better than the last takara re-issue.
    (the swoop was not so good i'm afriad).

A misb k.o mirage..i'm game if takara doesn't release one.
    can't be worse than the encores i recieved.

3. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I'm late to the party. Been out of the fan community for the past several months since the movie frenzy. So if someone could please update me...

who is making these and where can I get one? Are they as solid as the official resisuses? And last question: Which ones are/have been released?

4. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    I got mine off eBay for $53 shipped, but you can also get it at A3&U. I got him earlier today and he is incredible. He's a very solid figure. Tight joints, paint & materials are very sturdy and looks VERY good sitting next to my other re-issues and I can use the box to hold my old G1 version in it. You won't be disappointed.

5. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Wouldn't the original mold have included the tires, which said 'Goodyear'? This one's tires say 'Dunlop' which to me indicates not the same mold.

6. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe that's because it is a pristine mold, not the real/original one.

7. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Man you have the biggest hater hard-on for these knockoffs ever. Its hilarious.

8. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

I still don't quite understand, you can still get an excellent - nmint complete vintage mirage on ebay for $50-$60 shipped, why even bother spending more money on KO? Just for the mint KO box?

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Now go find me a MISB one for that much. My Paypal account will be waiting.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    or even a loose one with a tight waist, perfect chrome, and no yellowing.

11. Fortress Prime

Fortress Prime Guardian Robot

Ebay:

I'd take a RED one too.

12. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

I got mine for under $20 shipped(figure alone), it's not perfect, but good enough, it's not really that hard if you have enough patience and ask alot of questions.

And i think it's pointless to get a ko just for MISB(how many people keep a MISB ko anyway? That's why I think the main attraction for KO is just the boxes) I'm not against buying KO, just think their prices are alittle bit too high.
    Another bad thing is alot of dishonest sellers will try to fool buyer with those KOs again, like usual.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    your luck terrifies me.

14. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    Watch out there are some mirages with problems!!!

Just received mine, this is my experience:

15 days ago:

Bought the cassettes KOs, great finishing for a KO, saw the review for mirage, loved the pictures, BUY ONE IS A MUST!

One our ago:

Postman knocks at my door! Excellet feeling! open slowly! WOW! cool box!, open it! open it!. Cool instruction booklet! new plastic smell ahhh!!!! chromed to perfection! nice stickers, could be better but you understand it is a KO.

Excellent visual as car, again some imperfections but keep in mind this is not TAKARA nor HASBRO endorsed so go ahead, open it and transform it!. Use gloves cause do not want to leave horrible fingerprints in it do I?

Now wait a minute! Why do fingers of the right fist seem to be strange...no NO NO WAY, IT HAS TWO LEFT FISTS!! feel like i am going to cry!!!!,( calm down, do not panic I paid $70 for it so i won't give up, this could be solved buying a cheap broken mirage and changing the fist).

Anyway, this happens even in original toys, let's keep going, nothing worse than this could happen, open arm pannels, separate legs, reveal face,(this is so exciting!!), WHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT, WHERE IS HIS NOSE? NOSE HAS BEEN SLICED!!! IT HAS NO NOSE) (now I am crying, panic is taking place).

The end of it? messsage sent to ebay seller, expecting an exchange, emotional damage already done, i am stressed now. Hope something good will happen and get a new one.

be careful with thsese KOs.

snif, snif.

15. convoymagnus

Ebay:
    update for my case, an advise!!

Hi you all again!

I just got a mail from the seller about my case, the seller is 2007OMEGA from e-bay, he will give me an exchange for the toy, this really makes me feel better due to the nose broken figure he sent me but this does not stop here!

As i was feeling dissapointed with this figure i sacrificed another $70.00 to buy ANOTHER figure from another seller, so in case 2007OMEGA did not help me with tha broken figure I could to have a decent figure.

Well ,I bought one from SPIRIT OF CYBERTRON and it just arrived (ironically when I was about to go to the post office to return the first figure), so, before i went to the mail i sat down and opened the figure from SPIRIT OF CYBERTRON.

The figure is fine, little less quality than the other, (fingerprints on chromed parts and this chrome seems a little cheaper).

the fists issue in the other figure is fine in this (no 2 left fists) so this kinda made me felt better, BUT....

the same problem with nose!!!!! it seems that the guy who assembles them puts the front piece of the car toooooooo backwards before strecthing it back to be in car mode, so, when he rotates the piece, he slices the robot's nose.

i will alert this seller too and try to get a new one again (oh my luck!!!) but i think that this is a problem that may be present in many figures so if yours is sealed, just do not open it so you will not be dissapointed with this KNOCK OFF.

16. convoymagnus

Ebay:
    update for my case!

hi you all an update for the first case; the seller 2007omega exchanged the product and the new one is ok in the face, very satisfied, on the other hand in stead of having two left fists, this one has two RIGHT fists, i will keep this one at least this is something can be fixed later with a junk mirage.

will post the results for the other case later.

17. convoymagnus

Ebay:
    Well, finally an update for my case that, I think, may be useful for those considering buying this Knock off.

The exchange from seller Spirit of cybertron arrived and it was just perfect.

As I read somewhere in a forum, if there is an "encore" mirage reissue it is this one, i will not go into review because there is already one in this thred.

One particular and interesting thing that i noticed about the two "sliced nose" figures that I received first is that the wheels pin for those were flathead, i mean, the pins used for those figures did not have the four little points on top of the head as the original, so maybe this ones with the flat head wheels pin is a second issue for the market and maybe those are of lesser quality.

Now I am very satisfied with both figures and definetely recomend it, so much that I already bought the red version.

till more.

18. convoymagnus

Ebay:
    Received the RED diaclone mirage....just one word....FLAWLESS!!!!

will try to post pics.

19. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    I want mine. :( 

20. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Just got in the Clear Mirage from A3U today. While I'm glad to have it, I was not glad that the box was dented and slightly creased under where it says "Mirage" on the bottom of the box.

Also, the upper half of the flap has a crease or bend going almost all the way across....

:(