Replica of Gen1 Frenzy and Laserbeak

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Mtx, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Mtx

Mtx I wanna be on you

I know some of you have seem these things selling on ebay.

[​IMG]
    *notice Laserbeak and Frenzy are in the wrong bubbles. :lol 

I know it is a Transformers sin to buy them but I did. (Hotrod voice: Forgive me Optimus) They came in the mail today and here's what I think of these replicas.

Frenzy: This replica appears to be the gold chest version of Frenzy. It has the metal feet and joints. The replica has all the same stickers, makes all the same clicking sounds. The plastic appears to be very good on the replica.

I do not have the gold version of Frenzy itself only the chrome with plastic foot version. So here's a comparison of Chrome Gen1 Version and the Gold replica.

The light blue plastic looks identical. These weapons are great. *edit* weapons do not fit on the replicas hands. This supports my theory that it is a mm bigger than the original. The weapons fit in the originals hands perfectly. */edit* All the stickers are the same however the replica appears to have a darker aqua color rather than the Gen1 light blue (ont he stickers in front). All of the copy right information is identical but the rub sticker appears to be of slightly less quality as it is pealing. They have the same width and height but the replica appears to be 1 mm (slightly) longer than the original but that just may be because the way Frenzy expands with his arms coming out ect. The outside knee cap area of the replica is not black like the gen1. It is blue (same as the bot). The inside knee caps are black though. They use different press screws or whatever they are called as well.

It looks real.

Replica laserbeak VS Soundblaster's Buzzsaw.

Replica Laserbeak: Again this replica is amazingly accurate. The weapons are perfect. While I can't compare it to the original laserbeak and must compare it to buzzsaw (reissue) it is.. wow. Dead on accurate, with great stickers. Again the rub sign is pealing but it works. Other stickers are well applied but it is missing the Decepticon faction symbol on the head. Plastic quality is outstanding on this replica and once more.. if I didn't tell you this was a replica you wouldn't know.

Onto the card.

[​IMG]

Just by looking at it you can see this thing is accurate. Has everything right down to the copyright information. 1984 Hasbro Bradly. Inc. Only difference I noticed was the adhesive on the laserbeak side was weak and easy to pull up without damaging the card.

Conclusion: This looks real. They aren't cheaply made knock offs. These are high grade replicas. My advice is if you see someone sellings Gen1 MOSC Frenzy and Laserbeak on Ebay you stay clear of the auction because more than likely it IS one of these replicas being sold.

On another note it was truely awsome to be able to pop open what looks like a Gen1 MOSC Frenzy and Laserbeak and just have fun with them. :D 

If youhave any questions about them I will be more than happy to answer them and if this is OFN *panic* I'm sorry. :cry 

2. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just so you know, the original Laserbeak didn't have a faction sticker on his head, but he did have a ridge down the center. The original Buzzsaw had a smooth head with a faction sticker supplied on the Soundwave sticker sheet.

3. Mtx

Mtx I wanna be on you

Yeah sorry about that. I don't really know what laserbeak has because I only have that reissue Buzzsaw that comes with Soundblaster.

I don't really know what you mean by the ridge part though. Is there supposed to be a ridge in his head or something?

4. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd buy them :D 

5. Demaar

Demaar Banned

I wish Takara would release a casette pack, kind of like the minibot one. Mostly cause I want Frenzy, Ratbat (both of which I got in a pack together when I was a kid) and Rumble.

6. Octane

Octane Soul Crusher

This is not true. I opened a MISB Soundwave. I know.

7. JCurwen

JCurwen Now with 10% more ego!

I concur. I have an original Soundwave sticker sheet, and there is no Decepticon symbol present. Also, I have an original Laserbeak with a Decepticon symbol on its head.

8. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Its nice that the bootleggers gave us such an obvious warning sign that you're buying a fake.

And as they do, I would be more than willing to grab myself a pack just for its OMG WOW factor.

9. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I'd by that for a dollar!!

10. reillyd

reillyd Well-Known Member

Where can one pick them up cheaply? is there an ebay seller offering them as replicas (and not originals) for a fair price?

11. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    I saw these where being sold by an ebay seller in china. Starting bid was $25.00. I am curious as to how much you paid for it? I really want one sealed, just to display on my wall.

12. Mtx

Mtx I wanna be on you

I got them from a Canadian online store.

http://kooltoyz.ca/cassettes.html

It was $37 USD + shipping which was $10 but they do ask that you e-mail them before paying. Seems like a small time operation but they were really good to me.

*edit* Remember all their prices are in Canadian money but they have a currency converter*

13. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want a Frenzy! :cry 

14. L.E.Convoy

L.E.Convoy New Member

I bough mine off of ebay for $35. I am pretty impressed with them for being knock offs. The seller was actually that kool toyz place. I recommend them if you have a few dollars to spend.

15. Lord_Zarak

Lord_Zarak Well-Known Member

These bootleg are really great!

16. Lord_Zarak

Lord_Zarak Well-Known Member

There are also Rumble and Buzzsaw... the card is the same of Laserbeak and Frenzy, with the same name... and the same colors... Fortunately also the same quality.. good!

17. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I got myself a Rumble/Buzzsaw coloured set on ebay with a BIN price of $12.99 USD. Total plus shipping was $27.99 USD. If it was me I'd search ebay for a BIN auction of them with a price I could live with. In fact the seller I bought from has a Frenzy/Laserbeak set for the same price I paid up right now (looking right at it in another window :thumb ).

18. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    braaaaaains

19. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I bought the Ratbat/Frenzy set from Ages Three and Up. I was impressed with the quality considering they were knock-offs. It was an alternative since we have not seen official reissues of these guys yet.

20. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    I still am kicking myself for NOT buying a set at A3U when I was in Vancouver and actually WENT there.

Mind you, I'm also regretting not buying the loose Strika they had. Blame finding movie figures earlier that day.