Replica (KO) Henkei and Botcon toys are out.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scaleface, Nov 6, 2010.

1. edbomber

edbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think the notches on the knees are there. The pictures are a little unclear though.
    EDIT: I wrote too soon! Thanks for the pics. Did you get this loose or boxed?

2. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

He got him loose. So the talk about loose figures being made of molds of inferior quality "doesn't hold a candle" as it should. Apparently the ones boxed are the ones without the notches and more loose.

3. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    edbomber: Yeah I ordered mines loose as I was going to open them anyways. But yeah.. I'm shocked with this TC, can't complain much at all about besides the cockpit deal not locking into place. but for $21+shipping, I can't complain much!! ;) 

4. Razorclaw

I can only hope my KO TC is made from this newer mold with knee notches. The one I bought was a second restock on chimungmung, so the chances are 50/50 I think, but better not to hope, or I'll get disapointed.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wow.... if this 2nd run KO is that good, i'm going to order it. However, how can I guarantee I get the second run Thundercracker?

6. bouncing boy77

bouncing boy77 Syntax Error

was thinking the same thing as i'm planning to order both tc and ghost screamer loose as i'll be opening them. maybe since the large amount of orders when these came out, would it be safe to say that all the 1st runs from kotoys and chimungmung are already gone and all they have and will be getting are these 2nd run of the figs?

7. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Ok here are some pictures in jet mode, in case you're wondering.. (sorry for some of the crappy pics, Iphone's camera is not that great)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. cybertron_chris

cybertron_chris Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i orderd a ghost screamer und a thundercracker on the 13th, got a shipping information on the 18th, i think that is fast. now, i live in germany....lets see how long til it gets here.

i ordered both loose...let's see what the quality is like...seems like it is different for everybody?!?!?

9. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just got mine boxed and it is missing the notched knees. But I have to say that for a KO, this is pretty amazing. I'd be hard pressed to believe that these are KO! One of the funny things about it, was that the instructions for the US Acid Storm came packed with it, while having the Henkei packaging. XD

Only problems I've noticed is that some of the hinges are loose, the null cannon thingies are loose when putting it into the shoulder, and the tail fins that are supposed to fold upwards where his feet are fold the other way. Does anyone know how to remove the little pole thing holding these so I can reverse them?

Otherwise, for a KO, this is pretty impressive.

10. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Sounds like ours came from the same batch. With the tail wings, they should be able to fold both ways, up against the tail fins, or down below the feet. No need to knock out the pins. The tail wings on mine were very stiff when I opened it, and I gripped the wings close to the joint and slowly folded them up. They didn't feel as though they were going to break at any time, but I had to use quite a bit of force. Now they fold quite easily after being worked in.
    Hope that helps.

11. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Actually, according to Mike, the guys making these are using two different molds. The boxed ones are without the notches, the loose ones are from a separate mold and generally a little more well built. I'm not sure if they'll continue to remain like this, but as of right now, BOXED = No notches, looser. LOOSE = Notches, tighter overall.

12. atomicthumbs

atomicthumbs Bots > Savings Acct

Just ordered the loose Thundercraker, Skywarp and Starscream's Ghost 3-pack today! Can't wait for these seeing as how I completely missed the original releases! I'm okay with a KO as long as the quality is there!

13. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I found chimungmung today and ordered Thundercracker. I hope I get mine soon!

EDIT: But it would have been really nice to know about that earlier. You figured this would have been posted IMMEDIATELY.

14. Razorclaw

Precisely. Why this info has been kept secret is beyond me.

15. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Awesome irony. Excellent notice - well done!

16. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the heads up! I tried what you said and it folds quite easily now.

By the way, do the torso pieces fit in for you perfectly? I'm noticing when in robot mode, the back shell won't fit flush with the front, like as if the cockpit area is too big for the chest cavity or something. Then again, the two blue tabs that fit in with the silver part visible in jet mode don't even sit flush. :p 

Does this happen with the loose versions?

17. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Mine is exactly the same. In bot mode the chest piece is a bit too tight to close all the way, and in alt mode, the shoulder pegs are a bit longer than the official versions, so the torso piece won't close all the way.

No idea if it's true of the loose versions.

Sure wish I had known about the better loose versions before I ordered, but ultimately I fixed mine right up and really have no
    complaints. For a $36 Thundercracker, no complaints at all.

18. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah both of mine do the same thing but just in Bot mode the chest piece won't close all the way. Any way of correcting this? Was thinking of sanding down the inside of the front chest a lit bit so the canopy has a bit more room.

19. Razorclaw

I'm confused. Can you make some photos explaining what you said here?

20. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Not right now but I can try to explain better. In alt mode, if you look at the side of the jet at the front, on my KO the shoulders don't sit flush with the top when folded in. They stick down about a millimeter. The folding tabs the arms are attached to go in all the way, but the peg the shoulder rotates on is just a bit longer. This prevents the chest section from closing all the way. On my Official versions, the shoulders sit flush with the top when folded in.

Does that help? If not, I'll try to get pics up today.

EDIT: pics. You can see the Classics Starscream shoulder sit flush at the top of the joint whereas the KO Thundercracker's does not.

Attached Files: