Replacement MP Laserbeak

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Omagon, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Omagon

Omagon Member

Unfortunately, my Laserbeak from my MP Soundwave has basically fallen apart. It's broken on almost every single joint to the point where I can't in good conscious transform it back into a cassette for fear of busting it further.

Soundwave is nothing without Laserbeak, so I'm curious if anyone happens to know where I could purchase a replacement, or perhaps someone who has an extra they might be willing to part with for a reasonable price.

They sell Buzzsaw, Frenzy, Ravage, and Rumble separately but the only way to get Laserbeak, that I know of, is with the actual figure.

Thanks!

2. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Buy the reissue and have a lot of extra parts...

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    This is one of the few times that buying a KO is in order. It's rare I would say that...but a cheap replacement would probably do in this instance. I think you can get the 2-packs for around $30 on Amazon.

4. Omagon

Omagon Member

Indeed, and I've looked into that, but they don't sell Laserbeak in the two-packs. Only Buzzsaw+Rumble, and Ravage+Frenzy.

5. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Okay, really. I need to know, is this going to happen to my MP Laserbeak if I buy the reissue? This is a really small thing that could potentially make a 160 dollar purchase utterly worthless. I have to know.

6. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Those 2-packs don't include Lazerbeak.

My Lazerbeak is fine...transformed many times, no issues. I also have the KO Buzzsaw, which seems just as good. You just gotta be careful and not force anything.

7. Omagon

Omagon Member

I don't have the reissue, so I cant speak to thats quality, but from what I've read it's kinda hit or miss.

8. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Step 1: Buy the KO two-pack with Buzzsaw (there are PLENTY under $20 shipped on eBay as I type this).
    Step 2: Paint it red.
    Step 3: That's it.

9. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    I will be selling MP Hasbro Soundwave + Ravage + Lazerbeak + Rumble when the reissue is shipped in December (or may sell the Takara cassettes instead to keep paint apps uniform)

10. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    And a reasonable price is........?

Masterpiece line is 'hot', the toy is notorious for being flimsy.

This vendor has half a dozen or so of them listed if you want to try your l luck.

I don't particularly believe inexpensive Masterpiece Laserbeaks exist tho.

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP 13 Lazerbeak Figure for Soundwave 4904810459996 | eBay

11. Mikesee

Mikesee Well-Known Member

I am more or less in the same situation as you. I bought Soundblaster a while ago, because I didn't want to spend over 200 dollars on Takara's Soundwave. However, I do wish to have Laserbeak to complement my collection of Casseticons. I went to Taobao.com and saw this https://world.taobao.com/item/536933455286.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.iNSwhg#detail
    I placed an order or actually I may have ordered two by accident since my Chinese is very very shaky. I will let you know whether I am successful or not in getting Laserbeak through this channel.

12. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Some of you options are:

1) wait for the reissue of the Hasbro Soundwave and get a copy of all the tapes at the same time.
    2) wait for the KO version of Soundwave, which will likely have lazerbeak (I saw an unpainted pic of the back of the MP Soundwave in the KO forum, so it might be happening), and get your laserbeak with it
    3) get KO Buzzsaw and pretend he is Laserbeak
    4) get KO Buzzsaw and man-up and get some red paint and paint it for crying out loud, you know this is a comparatively cheap option, so what you waiting for? Otherwise, go back to option 3 and practice letting go of it having to be red...
    5) get an "oversized" MMC Laserbeak whenever that releases. It will be a 1:1 scale in terms of cassette mode, like their ravage. Not sure how it will look like yet painted up though, only saw a prototype pic a while back at tfcon.
    6) Get the Iron Factory legends scale that comes with Soundwave / Perceptor / Laserbeak / Buzzsaw / Ravage set, I think it's like 45$, or was, and just use that Lazerbeak. It wont look as good or transform into a cassette, but hey, it's an option. I like it personally.
    7) Go to the sells section and put it as wanted, and see what price you get, and make sure you ask plenty of questions and only get from a member that has positive reviews and feel you can trust. I think it will be expensive though, but hey, it's free to try, and if you don't try, you don't get, right...
    8) Contact The Chosen Prime and Toy Dojo and ask them if they happen to have one or be able to get one. You can contact them on facebook or here even. They are both fantastic shops, and one never knows. They probably wont have it though.
    9) Go get Future Floor and apply in all the loose joints and see. If not strong enough, try another coat, and then another one, etc.. This is by far the cheapest solution....

13. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

But I don't want to 9aint my vast predatory bird that shot omega supreme in one shot.

14. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're going to sell your Hasbro MP Soundwave to replace it with an imported Hasbro MP Soundwave?

15. TheDecepticon

News Credits:
    No. I already own Takara MP Soundwave, Lazerbeak, Rumble, & Ravage. I missed out on Buzzsaw and Frenzy. So, im going to buy the reissue and sell the Hasbro Soundwave along the 3 cassettes I already own (im just trying to decide if I want to sell the Hasbro or Takara versions of those cassettes)

16. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Sell the Takara ones. They are the toys that have the largest report of QC problems .

17. TheDecepticon

News Credits:
    I find some QC complaints are oft overblown. Besides, QC not too much of a concern as all of my Transformers are under a strict "look but dont touch" policy

18. Mikesee

Mikesee Well-Known Member

My first Taobao order was a success; my MP Laserbeak arrived and now I have all the Casetticons to go with my Soundblaster.

Attached Files:

19. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The reissue isn't out yet, how can anyone know how good/bad the QA is?

20. WishfulThinking

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Not this time. Many of the Takara MP cassettes are disintegrating. No word yet on Hasbro problems but it could just be a matter of time. It's not exactly understood why Takara's cassettes are so brittle...but it's like GPS on steroids.