Renderform Titans Return Galvatron Upgrade Kits

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Venksta, May 4, 2017.

1. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    Well, I guess this is what I get for complaining earlier...

Got my G1 Hasbro TR Galvatron Mad Emperor Kit today. Came with a bunch of extra generic guns. All black. Some look sorta familiar but I wasn’t really interested in them. There was also a Scourge gun. Thanks for that but I didn’t really need one.
    Galvatron came with a G1 style gun. Seems a bit bloated. One side has a Decepticon symbol molded on it. The other side sorta has one, but it has almost no detail aside from the eye area. Probably due to said bloating. The handle must have been hand shaved with a blade, and is too thin for Galvatron’s hands. Flops around and falls out quite easily.
    The arm attachments are all right. Gets the job done.
    Now for The Main Event: the head. The head itself looks nice. Lots of good details. Purple Color is a bit off but I wasn’t expecting exact perfection there. There seems to be some metal speckling on top of the head, and nowhere else. It’s not too noticeable. But on closer inspection I see it’s a bit loose fitting and the face wobbles. Luckily it hasn’t slipped loose or fallen off. But what DOES fall off is the head itself: the neck joint is misshapen at the ball like a Milk Dud, and the head barely holds at all. If turned at all from forward facing, it falls off in my hand.

Overall it’s 50/50. Some stuff looks good. Much of it has problems. The extras are...well they’re there.
    I usually try not to complain. I try to respect everyone and their opinions. But this was a long long process which I was starting to believe would never be fulfilled. So I did. Cuz I’ve been burned a few times before. And now this is what I get for it. Lesson learned I guess.

2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First, thank you for taking the time to write all that out. I appreciate it, as I know others may not be comfortable in writing negative reviews. And it actually doesn't help me if people don't publicly air it. I'm very sorry the kit you got, didn't meet the expectations you had. This is a continued failure on my part, with you. You have been very vocal for the delay, and I do appreciate it you aired them through out and now. I've sent a PM to you, to see if I can do anything to make up for it, to the best I can. I really hope those who have never bought from me, do go back and read your posts, and use it as caution before ordering from me.

• Like Like x 10
  3. metaphorge

metaphorge Decepticon

News Credits:
    Ditto and ditto!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Robots78

Robots78 Ow, my foot!

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    D344A905-E3C9-4AE5-9E49-1CD7C33848F9.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  5. POSSESSED_DIGIT

News Credits:
    Where to start...

Firstly, thank you Venksta for being very professional about the circumstances. It’s still refreshing to hear after all you’ve been through with these kits.

To clarify a few things on my part- I have purchased from you before. Although it has been a while. I know I have the Bumper and Hubcap heads you made for Classics Bumblebee all those years ago. I also have the darkwing head for the classics repaint of Silverbolt. Maybe more stuff I don’t recall. They were very nice heads that complemented the toys nicely. But my problem with this ordeal was with your communication. Or lack thereof. I won’t go back into that. We all know it now. It amazes me that since the sets are done you’ve been very responsive to the posts here. In fact according to the time stamps, within minutes of me posting my message, I received your PM. Within half an hour you replied to me here on this post. If we would have received that lightning response time during the ‘waiting period’ I wouldn’t have had much reason to complain back then.
    As for the current kit complaint, maybe my overall satisfaction is skewed by the whole process a little. But after paying a lot of money, and waiting so long for ‘just a head’, to find the flaws I did was a letdown. Seeing others get theirs and gushing over them, either makes me think theirs were a lot better quality, whatever the reason, or they are less critical of their kits and any flaws theirs may have, whatever their reason.
    In summary, I paid money for an item. I waited a long time for it. We all did. I could have cancelled and gotten a full refund. But had a sliver of faith that I’d get my head eventually. Unfortunately what I got wasn’t up to the usual level I had previously received from you. I may try to fix some of it with the skills I’ve acquired over the last 35 years of playing with these toys. But I feel I shouldn’t have to do that. Ultimately I’m sure we can work something out. Would I buy from you again? Depends on the product. Always did. Add on kits like this are a great idea-supplement a toy with something it was lacking from Hasbro-a decent head gimmick. But I wouldn’t do an open preorder. unless you’re almost complete with the work involved.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  6. Decepticreeps100

Decepticreeps100 Bite your face

Drat no set yet......

7. kingnothing80

kingnothing80 Well-Known Member

Quick question to all that received theirs over the weekend: Did anyone have to sign for the package? Mine got hung up at a distribution center an hour away early Saturday morning and the delivery date got pushed. I was off Saturday but not today, so I was just curious if I’m going to have to change pick up or not.

8. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I went for Untracked shipping, and I wasn't in when it arrived but I don't think it was signed for I'll try check when I get home after work.

9. Decepticreeps100

Mines not turned up yet, (sad face)

10. POSSESSED_DIGIT

News Credits:
    Mine did not need a signature.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Fings crossed it's just a hump in the postal road, mate.

• Like Like x 1
  12. kingnothing80

kingnothing80 Well-Known Member

More than likely. Mine was expected Saturday, and with the time it made it to Maryland, it really could’ve been delivered Friday if it hadn’t gotten hung up somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  13. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

I didn't need to sign for it, just found it in the mailbox

• Like Like x 2
  14. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Consulted with my Dad who took the post in, he doesn't remember signing for it and doesn't think he did, as that would be something he would remember.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Decepticreeps100

Thanking you C

• Like Like x 2
  16. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

So, looks like I may have been in the minority wanting the Barbarian version. 20190604_011930.jpg

I love it! ( Though I am kicking myself a little, seeing how the G1 kits are doing an amazing job of capturing the look, it is SPOT. ON.)
    20190604_010455.jpg

Looks like everyone got Scourge guns, which is interesting. Being a troop-build character, I wonder if the assumption at the time it was created as a mould was that it would be a big seller to people troop-building? It's really great. And I may need three more, once I test if it fits in the Generations Scourge hand.
    EDIT: Looks like Venksta told us about 15 pages back that the Scourge gun would come with all the pre-orders, my bad. :D 

The blendo-plastic guns would be amazing with any Toxitron, but I gave them to Quake for now, as he's missing out on Targetmasters.

The Silver Prime gun is awesome, and will go to good use. And the red translucent one goes great with Ironhide!

I am so super happy that these are a thing that got done. I have experienced, on a smaller scale, being faced with the reality of not limiting what you say you can do, so part of my joy in getting this kit is knowing that a creator was able to get through getting it done, and has done their absolute best. (While at the same time acknowledging and responding to critiques in a constructive way.)
    This is all win.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 6
  17. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Lol, I see what you did there!
    20190604_022055.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  18. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    He does suit that IDW head too though, it's a shame hasbro altered it after the prototype stage.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Decepticreeps100

Awww, still not turned up yet.

20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Shazbot!

• Like Like x 1