Renderform RF-014 Spy Jack and RF-015 Nightshade

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just a reminder, the lucky draw items for these products will be given to everyone who orders by tonight, February 17th, 11:59pm PST. The Spy Jack kit will get you a translucent red gun, and the Nightshade kit will get you a translucent purple gun. If you order both, you get both guns. The offer is only valid for the two regular versions.

The photos show the testshot. I hadn't polished the tooling yet. So the details should be a bit smoother.

Thanks! I'm doing well. Hope things are going great for you. :) 

I scored a complete loose Darkwind at cybcon last year for $10. Ended up selling it to a customer who didn't have the figure but did have the original upgrade kit.

Yeah, I have ideas for a Dreadwind kit for the Movie 1 TRU repaint of the Cybertron Jetfire mold, Jetstorm, and for classics Jetfire. But it will be awhile.

I ship to almost anywhere. :) 

You might need to try another browser?

If these sell well, I will go ahead with the Erector kits. One of the reasons I pushed this project forward is to see how its like doing a smaller run through my website directly.

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I bought a second Solar Storm Grappel just for the Ereftor head upgrade! He's been sitting in a box waiting for his new head since 2011.

Please let it happen.

[​IMG]

3. gothsaurus

gothsaurus Evil Overlord of Doom

Ebay:
    Wow. He's really upped his game... and I loved the OLD heads. Had to jump in to send some support. He's a great guy — excellent sculpts and often some fun bonus items. Highly recommended.

4. Venksta

News Credits:
    One key thing for the both Erector kits is I will really need support from everyone who really wants it, as I only see being able to do a run of 50 sets for the Mudflap repaint, and 100 for the RTS Grappel mold, based on overall interest over the last couple years since the original prototype was teased.

5. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Makes me wish I owned those molds. The detailing on those heads is amazing! Test shots look so sharp

6. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Firstly, that made my day...

...And secondly I would buy either and/or both of those kits. :thumb 

Heck, while your contemplating fulfilling all my Dreadwing related dreams, hows about a G2-esq heads for the 2010 Dreadwing & Smokescreen repaints of the ROTF Mindwipe mold?

7. Doc Wheeljack

Doc Wheeljack Well-Known Member

Doooo it!

8. justdd

justdd Well-Known Member

I don't even have these molds and I went ahead and bought them. ^^ I'm more likely to find them than the heads once they're gone.

9. Bern

Bern Pathetic fools!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These older molds are aging well. I know the alt mode is just a bot hanging off the underside of a jet, but damn those bot modes still look great.

10. Hothouse Prime

Hothouse Prime Not old... Just older.

Got the first Darkwind head but missed out on the Skyfall head... Glad they got an update. Bought both figures specifically for these projects!

11. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I do already have the Mastershooter gun for Universe Darkwind. This head and gun set would be cool. You can clip the Mastershooter on the wing, so he can still hold these guns. I wonder if we can get reprolabels to make labels for this toy? G1 Darkwing has them, but universe Darkwind does not.

12. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, I've been waiting for this Darkwing set forever! :D  Finally ordered one. Thanks Venksta!

13. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not to bag on this, as they look like great items, but $35 for just a head and a couple of guns seems a little pricey. That's more than what I spent on the actual figures. Why so much?

14. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sadly smaller runs end up costing more per unit it seems. The price has me of the fence too, but it is a really pretty set!

15. Venksta

News Credits:
    There are only 150 sets being made for the two regular versions. As well, everything is hand made, using high quality urethane resin plastic, all done by one person. If a 3rd party company made these, their minimum run would be 1000 sets each, and you could expect a price range of $25-$40 based similar factory made products already released. Renderform products will be pricey for majority of collectors. But the main question you'll want to ask yourself is do you pay the retail price now, or pay more later in the after market. The Dark Emperor garage kit for TFP Voyager Megatron, retailed around $58, with only 80 sets being released online. I've seen people try to resell them on ebay for $150 or more.

16. Vertex

Vertex Still Rockets Redglare

News Credits:
    Wow, what wonderful kits! Been after upgrades for Darkwing and Skyfall for ages but kept missing them (in some cases by a few minutes!) so have pre-ordered the regular Nightshade and the Mach Red V2 as I think they look the smartest out of a very smart set. :) 

Also, I would be very much interested in an Erector kit for Mudflap, mine's doing duty as Erector already but so far all he has to prove it is an Autobot badge. :) 

17. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would want the mudflap version as well

18. Oneiros

Oneiros Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd be up for the mudflap version! LOVE that bright yellow ...

19. DarkPrinceofKaon

DarkPrinceofKaon Formaly known as D'POK

Ebay:
    And PREORDERED!

Thanks so much Diamchoc for posting this.

Wow Venksta, You really out did your sell on your Darkwind head sculpt re-design! You such attention to detail, especially on that helmet! But what I really like is the strong jaw-line and well defined cheek bones you graced him with. Very striking!

Iv'e been a long time fan of your work, but this is my first time ordering with ya'. (Decided it was time to get off the fence. ;) ). I ordered just as soon as I saw this, but looks like I was still a little late on scoring that translucent purple rifle freebie you were offering. Wish I could have gotten in on that. :( 

Still, everything looks great and can't wait to up-grade my existing Darkwind figure from "great" to "perfect" :thumb 

20. Venksta

News Credits:
    Some quick updates. Half of the 150 sets of the Nightshade (Darkwing) kits have been preordered. As its only be around half a day since the preorders went up, the run may be increased. I was only planning 100 to be sold total. If there is demand, I will increase the run, and split it into two batches of preorders.

Also, the Mach Red kits have been more popular than expected, and I have over sold the planned run. If there are no objections, the run will be increased, the price for the set will be dropped down to $35 from the original $40. Those who ordered it already will have the price adjusted. :) 

And there is still 12.5 hours to order either regular Spy Jack and Nightshade kits to get the free bonus guns!

A little tidbit... I just decided two weeks ago to make these the next release. :lol  I have two other new projects ready or near completion for reveal, but lost interest in them for now.

Always glad to get a new customer. And you are good for the bonus gun, there is still 12.5 hours left for the offer at the time of this posting.