Customs: Renderform Projects Discussion

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Venksta, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    On the subject of Rodimus guns: yes please. I've got Henkei Rodimus equipped with G1 Reissue Hot Rod's pistols, but I've only got so many of those and with at least two more versions of the classics Roddy mold about to enter my collection, they's gonna need some guns.

I've never been a fan of the gun classic Rodimus comes with as is and I was doubly disappointed in the armaments of the Protector add-on thus far, since it appears all they've done is make a barrel extension for the existing gun. Boo that. A new set of pistols that could be linked together into the Rodimus Prime Long Rifle? Again, yes please.

On the subject of the Blaster upgrade kit, is there any chance you'll offer that rifle on its own? I'm planning on picking up device label Blaster and he needs a gun somethin' bad.

2. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This will def be a nice upgrade! I too am not a fan of the Classics Rodimus gun, it's more like a missile launcher that shoots water.

3. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, the face will be cast in red resin. I have to go with the option that is the least prep work for painting. And masking the upper part of the face will be more easier. The mouth area will be airbrush yellow. And then they eyes will come with stickers for either yellow or blue. As some people prefer the blue color. So either I make one group happy, and one group unhappy, or go with a win-win route. :) 

Hehe, yeah, mine uses Hot Rod guns too.

Yeah, the idea for the new Rodimus guns is they would combine into a longer rifle for Protector. I could probably have a small run out before Protector even ships out.

For Blaster, I am planning to sell his gun on its own, in a off-black color. It'll look black, but the difference will only be noticeable when compared with the gun that comes with the full kits. Speaking of DL Broadblast, anyone know if a 5mm gun fits him?

Ah, yeah, the gun reminds me of a G2 weapon, hehe.

4. Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Woo-hoo!

I don't from sizes, but if it helps, I've got him using Pretender Bumblebee's gun.

Or to use comparisons with G1 Hot Rod, Blaster's pegs fit Firebolt but are too big for Hot Rod's standard laser.

5. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Venks, you sure have a lot of projects and ideas coming up. :lol 

Do you have a rough order of how you'll be tackling them? I know Blaster and Prime/Meg weapons are your hit list. But what's after that..

6. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I'm liking no loving all that I'm reading here in this thread. I'm down for upper right head for DW, the lower left for Red Alert and the middle for Dirge. I'd most likely pass on RBs' head as I have the NB upgrde but those sketches look awesome as well. Strafe to Space Case sounds cool but isn't that figure of limited release. Would love to get the Bumper and CJ heads as well as the Hot Rodimus, Hound and Ravage guns. Anything you decide to do to upgrade Energon Shockblast and Devestator would be awesome and id be all over it. With all the awesome heads you're doing as well the love you're showing to the Silverbolt mold would you consider doing a SG Thunderwing head for the mold? Can't wait to see thisBlastr upgrade either.

7. Venksta

News Credits:
    Hmm, that doesn't really help, as I don't have those guns, lol. If any Classics figure's guns, besides Rodimus', fit on DL Broadblast, then my gun will fit him too.

This is the current schedule for releases... Things get pushed back depending on how long current projects take, plus my real job taking priority on things.

Sept - Blaster
    October - Prime Weapons, short run of Red Alert upgrade
    November - Megatron weapons, short run of Darkwing upgrade
    December* - HotRod guns, Grimlock weapons

December and November are sketchy right now for production. As I do all my casting in my garage, and its not heated. For resin casting, you need to be at room temperature (23C) for good castings. During those months, it gets cold up here, so I might have to go on hiatus for productions. If thats the case, I'll do a short run of Megatron weapons in October, and move everything else to next year. I might also have a work around, if I convert a room in my house into a workshop. Then I could continue working through the winter months.

Thanks man. For Thunderwing, the figure would need to be repainted. So its a project geared towards customizers. Unless I can talk to Reprolabels into doing a sticker conversion for Silverbolt into Thunder wing colors. Not sure if that would work.

8. Sean Whitmore

Sean Whitmore Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome, I just checked with Prowl and Sunstreaker's guns (technically Rapido's and Breakdown's) and they fit perfectly. Well, the pegs do, Sunstreaker's gun has that part in the back that angles downward and obstructs the grip.

9. Venksta

News Credits:
    Perfect, then my updated Blaster gun will fit him. :) 

10. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Didn't think the Red Alert and Darkwing work would be here that soon. Super good, man!

11. lightsyder

lightsyder Well-Known Member

if you have a list add me for Darkwing!

12. Venksta

News Credits:
    I started a Facebook page for Renderform. I'll be posting major updates on there as well. Stuff like concept designs will stage in this thread.

Welcome to Facebook

Yeah. But the first run will be limited. Maybe 50 sets max, if I do them this year. The second batch would have to wait until next year.

Well, no waiting list for him until hes the second next project to go into production. :) 

13. lightsyder

lightsyder Well-Known Member

Well, you said short run so I wanted to make sure I was in the running! :) 

14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was just thinking the same thing. I want in on the first run of Darkwing! :) 

15. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yeah I definetly want in on Darkwind and Red Alert waiting list.

16. enter-the-robot

enter-the-robot Well-Known Member

If the waiting list for darkwing and red alert has started then I want in!!

17. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    I'm all for the Darkwing and Red Alert sets as well.

Ever think of doing some Animated sets Venksta? Some new heads for Skywarp and Sunstorm would be great, and if he ever sees release, a Wasp head. I could see how that would be hard to do though since you'd have to work off source material and the Animated style can be hard to pull off.

18. Venksta

News Credits:
    Well, it'd be a short run batch for this year, if I can do any. If that does happen, then more would be made next year.

I did want to do a new Silverstreak head for Freeway Jazz. But never got the time to. I did all the new heads for that SickKids charity project, which was Animated customs. Anyways, at the moment, I want to focus on Classicsverse stuff. But I do have some TFA stuff planned for next year, but their not upgrade kits. :) 

19. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

I want in on all your animated stuff!

20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was just fiddling with my Universe Blaster, and it may be too late to suggest something, but it couldn't hurt. In the Marvel Comics, he could attach his gun flat on his back. The Universe toy has a nice hole on his back that would be great for storing his gun if there were a little peg on the side of it. It's slightly larger than the pegs used for his guns since they just sit loose in it. Just a last minute idea!