Minor/Repaint: Renderform Galvatron - Dark Energon edition

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Pcm979, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Pcm979

Pcm979 Well-Known Mimber

Deleted.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  2. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    Hey chief. Good to see you back.
    As for borked pieces, got some pics? There are glues and epoxies out there that can sometimes work magic. We have a whole thread in the GD section for glues.

3. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Liking that head alot

4. hinomars

hinomars Micromaster

I have limited knowledge, and stuff on my customs break sometimes too multiple times when dealing with small areas, but I have a few ideas.

I don't know what glue you used, but I use a strong plastic glue. You probably know that already, but just in case ;) 

I have found Milliput to be very useful. Maybe a small dab of that or similar epoxy may work (though I appreciate the area is small and fiddly.

Thirdly, if you have (or can find) small pins (or maybe even something like a sewing needle) and have a jewelry craft drill to drill a hole small enough into both areas, you could join the 2 pieces with that, thus giving a stable connection for glue to properly take hold and provide a secure fit.

No idea if any of that helps, put it's off the top of my head :) 

5. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

Lock-tite superglue gel works really well for breaks like that. Overall this kit looks good for the mold.

6. HokieKen

HokieKen Well-Known Member

I'll second that. Just make sure the parts are clean (no mold release lubes) and that the contact areas conform well to each other and aren't too smooth. If the loctite doesn't hold, some Devcon Plastic Weld should do the trick. I haven't ran into a plastic yet that one or the other won't bond strongly. I've heard good things about milliput as well but I've never used it personally.

If worse comes to worst and you give up on repair, you can send me the broken head and I'll make you a replica that you can order from Shapeways. I really don't think it'll come to that though, I believe superglue will do the job.

The kit looks great on that figure. Good luck with the "surgery" and let us know how it goes.

7. HokieKen

I wouldn't put it up for general sale. I personally don't sell anything that's not my original design (to the general public and for a profit). But I have, on occasion, made replicas of parts that people need that they can't get from the original source. In this case, you have a broken part that you can't replace because they're no longer in production. You're not selling the part for a profit and I'm not selling it for a profit. So, nobody's loosing any $ and you're getting a replacement part that you can't obtain elsewhere. I don't have any problem with it in that situation. It's no different than you casting a replacement part in your garage to replace a broken part. At least that's my point of view.

Like I said before though, I really don't think it's an issue 'cause I can't imagine you won't be able to glue that back together. Good Luck!

8. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You could always contact that Renderform guy and see if hes willing to help. :p 

Some of your photos didn't load up, so I couldn't see what the original problem was. But as for the head, I had extra parts left over, and can take a look. PM me with your address, and I"ll try to take care of this.

9. HokieKen

Now that's service:thumb