Remember when ToyHax used to do sets for 3P?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Aaronstampler, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If there is any stickers you want and you don't want the parts - let me know and we can share. I'm the reverse I want the parts and don't need the stickers. Or failing that I may be buying some sets and selling the stickers without the parts.

Art Fire looks a lot better with stickers than he does in plain Jane version as Inferno without them. I would have appreciated the option of the same sort of decals for Oversize Inferno, Ratchet and Ironhide too - them being so plain looking without the detail puts me off buying MP bots with the cartoon look - I don't mind some of them I actually almost like Prowl and Red Alert in cartoon colours - but they at least have "Some" decoration on them - not much but 'some'. a sea of plain colours with less detail than an Actionmaster isn't why I buy Transformers.

I would be at all surprised if that is one of the reason some people are more positive to Movie toys lately it's the opposite extreme of the Boring plain look of the animation designs - even more so when they use white instead of grey or silver as that can look kinda ghastly sometimes.

Most 3rd party toys are well enough decorated to not need stickers - but the Model Wizard/Wei Jiang overscales might be the exception to that - but there is other people doing stickers so perhaps the idea is to approach one of them instead.

Oh and no I don't see the sense of the Cell shaded stickers either they often clash horribly with Generations toys. The sort of stickers that were useful were the ones that filled in the obvious missing details (Like the Martini deco on Jazz or missing sponsor logos on Wheeljack) - but they didn't ever do anything super obvious like an entire sheet of Barricade and Bumblebee numberplates (for example) since most of them lack the number plates they should have. Though someone else did do Generic Barricade sheets with Punish and Enslave and the Unit numbers on them.

I was looking at FP's G3 trailer recently and I guess since it's the right size a reproduction set of G1 Trailer stickers would work on that so I suppose some times that is a possibility.

Pricing can be an issue though - the citybot sticker sets are rather eye watteringly expensive for example but some thing like Grand Maximus could really do with a few more stickers - as could Trypticon - especially in Base mode - shame it's so costly though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Siege, Siege, Siege, Siege, Siege, Siege, Siege..make SOMETHING else....jeez...oh and dont forget to put ALL of the sets Ive bought over the past year on Black Friday sale now...Im through playing your games, Toyhax. I will now wait until Black Friday every year and not sticker all (if there even are any) 3rd Party sets until then.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    They do have a very strange business model.
    Just like the China-based TF shops with their coupons.
    Just lower the price the year round, dudes, instead of maintaining a system that ensures people who know what's up get discounts and regular customers end up feeling screwed.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    They've also been completely ignoring Studio Series for months too, if it makes you feel better.

5. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I pretty much only buy 3p legends and now days other than a faction symbol the paint applications are good enough I don't think stickers really add much. The DX9 and Iron Factory used benefit from some extra stickers. Now I really only need them for the Hasbro stuff.

6. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Still waiting on my Black Friday order, anyone else?

7. CigarJackal

CigarJackal Cy-gar smoking beast warrior

Ebay:
    I just want the KFC Snapdragon set to come out.

They did a set for Apeface. I don't want to label him up when his counterpart doesn't have a set.

8. Clyde the Jackal

Clyde the Jackal I'm not toon accurate

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Same here. Been forever. Ordered Nov. 25th, shipped on Dec. 17th. I'm gonna send a message if they haven't arrived today.

9. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I still havne't gotten my Black Friday order, I'll give them 1 more week.

10. Prowl83

Prowl83 Well-Known Member

I would just send them a polite email inquiring about the order. Aaron and the Toyhax team are great people and always come through.
    I remember buying labels from them when they started up. At that time you had to cut the labels out yourself.

Screenshot_20200109-223001_Chrome.jpg

And as far a 3P labels ot truly makes me sad they're not doing them anymore.

20191229_140922.jpg
    20191229_132813.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. Grimrem

Grimrem Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    How long does toyhax take to ship typically? Are they located in the USA? I've been waiting on my order for two weeks now and I'm also in the USA. Unless of course they're not in the USA.

12. Gaiaknight

Gaiaknight Well-Known Member

they ship from canada

13. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

I'm honestly surprised they never released a decal set for MMC's Tyrantron, especially since MTMTE-Megatron was so popular.

15. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    I got my black Friday order dec 26, which included a Christmas present for someone I would only see on Christmas day. Had to buy a substitute present and got stuck with stickers i don't need. Gave them clear feedback they need to indicate that black Friday sales may run the risk of not arriving before Christmas. Moot anyway as they realized they can't do BF sales per their FB post.

I ordered 13 sets, and 5 were fulfilled incorrectly. unfortunately they were part of the ones I bought for myself, and the stickers I bought for my friend were complete. Frustrating. So they sent the rest of my order last week and I expect it will be February by the time my toyhax black Friday order is complete.

I wasn't pleased with the experience by any means.