Reissue Shockwave - ebay deal going bad

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by butchrecon72, Nov 1, 2012.

1. butchrecon72

butchrecon72 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the right forum or not for this. Recently i sold a Transformers lot on ebay (needed some cash). In it was a G1 Shockwave with box and foam. I have had it for a couple years, and am pretty certain it was the real deal. The buyer files a claim against me today claiming the Shockwave is a "reissue". I was not even aware there was such a thing. How am I going to be able to determine if I get back what I actually sent? I am afraid I may be getting screwed on this one :-(

How to tell if it is a fake or reissue?

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
  3. butchrecon72

I am afraid I am going to get screwed on this one. Though the buyer is a power seller with over 2000 feedback. 100% positive. So its hard for me to be certain he is not being legit. But I am fairly certain I did not have a fake to start with.

4. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Well, it's not a reissue. That much is for sure... it just might be a KO.

5. butchrecon72

yea I figured there was no such thing with Shcockwave. I did not know there was a KO of it either.

6. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

You have to use the language of his claim against him. There hasn't been a "reissue" of Shockwave, ergo his complaint of reissue should be invalid.

7. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Hope it goes well. I'm always weary looking at g1 stuff

8. butchrecon72

What really gets me is instead of discussing it with me, he sends me a message through ebay that it is a reissue and he is sending everything back and wants a full refund, then immediately files a paypal/ebay claim. No discussion, nothing, just telling me how its a fake and wants a full refund. I have a few pictures, I will have to match to ensure I get the same thing back..

9. xMostWanted559x

Well if that's the case get your toy back minus shipping and refund him to avoid the hassle

10. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  11. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    hm, I wonder if ebay would really let his claim slide for the misuse in terminology of "reissue" vs "knockoff".

obviously, he's using the wrong terminology and it might be the KO. but I'm curious if ebay would toss out his claim because of him stating that it is a reissue. as erland stated, it's never been officially reissued, so seller might be in the clear on this one, unless he's able to restate his claim correctly (assuming it is, in fact, the KO and not a legit G1).

12. butchrecon72

Ok, does the ORIGINAL G1 shockwave have black screws or silver screws?

13. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Now, before you jump on the guy for semantics and say "it's not a reissue" to try to win, eBay has a policy not to sell KOs. He is probably using it as a codeword for KO and jumping on that may cause for trouble for you.

Well, in fairness, he is supposed to send messages through eBay or else he voids his protection, and you have to file an eBay claim immediately. I don't know the wording or what precisely he did, but making the claim immediately is doing the right thing if he believes he's been scammed.

The ooonnnnnneeeee thing I'd be worried about is that the guy has a KO, and is going to switch it out for the legit one when he sends it back. Otherwise I'd definitely agree with MostWanted, just avoid the hassle. You can determine for yourself whether it's a KO and resell.

14. xMostWanted559x

Maybe he can identify if its the same toy when he gets back? When did eBay start on no Ko sales

15. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's kinda dumb, imo. If I bought something that was guaranteed legit and ended up being KO, I'd just outright call it a KO. I have no loyalty to do anything nice to the seller that sold me some bum KO when he was selling it as legit.

So him using what you're saying is a "codeword" when the buyer is at no fault for buying a KO, but then being as strict as a schoolteacher when it comes to filing the claim through ebay is sending 2 conflicting messages. Doesn't make any sense why someone would do that.

I honestly think the buyer f'ed up his claim by stating it was a reissue. You may get lucky on this, but I'd take it as "lesson learned" to investigate your products before you go selling them next time, just to avoid anything else like this that could happen.

16. xMostWanted559x

Wait so the one sold is a ko?

17. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

19. Xzbit

Xzbit Well-Known Member

so wait there is a posibility that you gave him the Original Shockwave but this guy claims its a Reissue so will send you back a KO (instead of OG) with all your other stuff and reporting you to ebay?

20. Xzbit

Xzbit Well-Known Member

I have an OG SHockwave ill check right now for the screws.