Regeneration One #94 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
  2. Crobot91

Crobot91 Daddy has lots of TFs...

News Credits:
    Gotta love Geoff Senior's cover. I really wish he was pencilling the second half of this series.

3. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Primus being an Omnipresent Entity makes sense when looking at his iteration showcased on Transformers Prime as well as Unicron's
    . They don't need a physical body to go on a rampage they're like the Energizer bunnies from HELL.

4. justiceg

justiceg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow. WOW WOW WOW.

Best issue of Regen one thus far - even better than the Megatron Optimus fight. If this had been issue 82 or 83 I'll bet opinions on this series overall would be way different.

very quickly stuff that I liked:

* the entire UM/Galvatron fight. Especially how it just kept going from bad to worse. =)
    * we are *FINALLY* going to get the fight that has never happened in the comics - Blaster vs Soundwave!!!
    * Nice nod to Monstructor vs Omega again
    * speaking of which I really like the portrayal of Omega as how the original G1 tech spec described him - a last resort only utilized when all hope is lost
    * "by great God Ginrai!"
    * I'm betting the anomaly (like previously in the UK) is Galvatron being plucked from one universe and put into another...which is setting up Rodimus as Primus' avatar vs Galvatron as Unicrons'...
    * I have *zero* idea where this story is going anymore but if every issue is like this I could hardly care. Give me giant robots beating the piss out of each other like this every month and I'll buy it as long as I live.

5. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This was just old-school fun, fun, fun. The references to Target:2006 were rather thick BUT at least it wasn't a TFTM-fest this time. I love how UM starts weak and confused and then steps the hell up.

I'm also really starting to love Bludgeon in this. After being backgrounded for awhile, he's really coming off as an absolute genius with one fatal flaw: his pride is leading him to seek death rather than the total victory that he's clearly earned. Blasting UM and Galvatron...frankly I never see anyone act that smart in TF comics :p 

I'm also thinking Soundwave's Bludgeon fanboy-ism will wear off right quick when he discovers Bludgeon has no long-term vision...then he guts him and takes over.

6. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Story is getting better but the artwork still frustrates me. Its not 1980s retro nor is it 2013 modern. Its a clash between the two. Maybe #0 will give me the kind of artwork I want.

Even if I were to accept the artwork, I still find the blocky appearances to be off-putting. I tolerated it from the original Marvel comics back in the day but its just not acceptable now, even with this artwork. Characters shouldn't lack alternate mode kibble and details they're supposed to have.

But if the latest issue of Regeneration One leaves me with nothing to complain about but the artwork, thats a plus in my book.

7. MegaRoadbuster

MegaRoadbuster Well-Known Member

This has to be the best issue of the run thus far, and it's definitly the best arc. Magnus vs Galvatron was pretty great, as were the Uk homages, and swerve at the end. IT would have been even more Awesome if UK continuity was still intact, and this was Magnus 3rd fight against "A" Galvatron. Blaster vs Soundwave sounds Awesome, as does Monstructor vs Omega.

I issue was well paced, it actually had focus. The art was FANTASTIC with the WarWorld reveal and Monstructor being sent to attack Omega being my favorite pieces.

Guidi has become the saving grace of this book. Wish issues 81 through 91 had been this good.

8. Burningsirius

Burningsirius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe for you all, Guido's treatment of the script is what is really helping you all enjoy it. It is definitely a change of pace from Wildman.

I sometime times say, Guido does a better modern Wildman than Wildman, no offense to him of course, he invented the style.

Anyway, I cannot wait to read this. I will probably pick it up tomorrow.

9. MegaRoadbuster

MegaRoadbuster Well-Known Member

You might be right. There were quite a few people, and it was even a topic on a podcast, saying how Simon shouldn't be entirely to blame. That it was in fact Wildman who was causing a great bit of fan disappoitment. It's hard not to agree. I'd really like to see Simons script layouts for RG1, because going by Wildans 10 issues and Guidi's 2 it looks like the artist has a great deal of freedom. I just don't think we'd have seen the Awesome panel of the WarWorld being attacked, the Galvatron Magnus fight, or any of the other great Panel work if Wildman had drawn it.

There's so much Awesome in this issue, that it's easly put right next to the great stuff in the UK and Marvel run.

10. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Uh...I do love Guido's work, and in fact I like it a bit better than Wildman (that action scene that starts off is INSANE) but my approval and commentary on the issue so far has been completely about the writing. I don't understand why you always seem to look for some arcane reason why some people like some issues that Simon Furman has written and yet not other issues that Simon Furman has written.

11. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream w/Powermaster Cobra Cmdr.

Time travel!!!!

Thank you, Primus. I have long felt that the only way to undo the destruction this short comic has wrought on my favorite TF continuity is to time-travel back before Earth was conquered.

I am reeeeeeally hoping that Hot Rod can stop Megatron before he slags Earth, and bring things back to some semblence of normalcy.

12. HasTok_WFCTX_106492

HasTok_WFCTX_106492 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah Primus you`re still alive?Then why did we need the last autobot for?Why didn`t you open the autobots eyes in issue #74 and tell them that you can`t die?I tried very hard to keep an open mind about this comic,but after issue after issue it`s becoming a big joke,Simon quit writing transformers stories that are messing with your fans minds.

13. emptythreat

emptythreat Well-Known Member

Actually I think you missed the point entirely. He explains that he exists across the multiverse and that Grimlock's body is just strong enough to hold his essence in that reality for a short time. Then he is gone. So he is dead in the RG1 Universe. Had he been alive it seems he would have expected Hot Rod to become Prime and that anomaly needed correcting.

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Great issue!
    2 months from now? Seriously?

15. emptythreat

Issue Zero follows the Hot Rod part of the story and is out in three weeks I think?

16. Burningsirius

News Credits:
    This, Furman has declared Primus dead in the RG1 story. Primus had to go to great lengths to intervene, possibly sacrificing Grimlock to correct the timeline in RG1. Hot Rod is going to be at key points and I hope try to mend the time line. Hot Rod must be Prime, it is... his Destiny.

17. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    What's interesting to me is basically, if we were following Marvel UK, we should be at a point in the timeline where Hot Rod IS Prime, after 'defeating' Unicron in 2005/6. By waking Primus by mistake in the US run and causing the Unicron war in 1991 resulting in Prime's death we essentially diverted from that potential future.

What we have here is the opportunity for Hot Rod to 'fix' the timestream and essentially give us a status quo at the end of the series that could gel with the Marvel UK 'future timeline' far better than we expected.

18. emptythreat

I really hope there isn't a timeline mend or magic reset button scenario with the time travel because that's such a terrible story telling cop out, because then nothing really mattered and everything that everyone went through counts for nothing. I'm assuming it isn't because issue zero would effectively end the series 6 issues early!

19. Burningsirius

News Credits:
    I just read it. I loved the Magnus battle. It is great. Omega coming out was awesome as well.

20. HasTok_WFCTX_106492

HasTok_WFCTX_106492 Well-Known Member

It sure is a multiverse mess.Can`t we stick to just one universe?A U.S. universe instead of a U.S./U.K./G2 and maybe DR Who universe thrown in to add more flavor.I think this comic in the end will cause a lot of mental breakdown on a lot of fans,me included,so when that day comes bear with me o.k. goodnight all.