Regeneration One #89

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by AdyCarter, Mar 14, 2013.

1. AdyCarter

AdyCarter Mentalist Conspiracies

The fact theres no thread for this probably speaks volumes about it, especially when MTMTE/RID gets 20+ pages per issue.

So yeah, not much happened really.

Anyone got any more interesting thoughts on it?

2. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    No - I'm of the same mind as you. Disappointed in how little of Shockwave we got.

3. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This title is a bit of an embarrassment to the other great work IDW is doing at the moment (and this is coming from somebody who considers the original Marvel US/UK series as the definitive telling of the saga).

But yeah, even on the IDW forums RID and MTMTE issues get 20+ pages of comments easily. RG1 struggles to make 4 or 5...

4. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I liked the issue.
    Its not character driven, its a straight forward adventure and its showing off a lot of toys that never got much exposure in the any other comic all the while staying focused on:
    Scorponok,
    Grimlock,
    Optimus Prime,
    Galvatron, and
    Hot Rod.

Its satisfying enough to me and I think its on par with RID. The art and colours are really fun, and I like the simplified, humanistic take on the robots. Its a solid kids level comic.

5. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It isn't really doing it for me. I love the art, but the story is just too grim. There's no relief to the constant barrage of death in it.

I'm not saying make it My Little Transformers, but you can't root for anyone in this book, it's utterly lifeless. Sorry Simon, I do love you, but this isn't your best work.

6. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Read it.
    More inexplicable key business, now with a big ass key pointing in a crack.
    More Autobots being arseholes to each other.
    Underwhelming dinobot fight.
    More grimdark 'unexpected' deaths.
    MEH

I wish this was better, I think even if MTMTE/RID weren't being so awesome I'd still be disappointed in this lacklustre effort.

7. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I must be in the minority then. The grim story is part of why I like the title so much. Though this second arc isn't as good as the first arc.

8. ScottyP

ScottyP Got The Touch

News Credits:
    RG1 has me bored to death. Probably not going to continue past this issue, it's just too boring for me to keep spending money on.

9. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    On it's own it's a good comic.

But in comparison with Mtmte and Rid it is barely up to par.

10. Burningsirius

Burningsirius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like that Furman G1 IDWverse and that MTMTE RID merely build off a work of a great writer.

11. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
  12. Burningsirius

News Credits:
    Yeah, I mean how dare Furman on his own personal blog demand some decency. It isn't like he takes time out of his day to respond to fan inquires. This is just the last straw against Furman. He is such a tyrant.

You know what, would you defend someone who said James Roberts sucks on his own personal blog? Of course not. James Roberts would also probably tell that Sean guy to go spill his spleen elsewhere if he insulted Furman on his own blog.

I read that post, it was atrocious and awful. You should be really ashamed for trying to defend that guy. You really are spinning the tone he took with Furman.

I have to be really careful on here though. I know that I am on thin ice for defending Furman.

We are living in a golden age of Tf comics, yet like brats we hate on Regeneration One for some unknown reason. The writing is great. Things are going according to how the are foreshadowed. This isn't Code Geass you know. Ugh. I am just appreciating what each comic brings to the table. Regen One is a solid classic.

13. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    I cannot find one good thing this brings to the table except that if it makes enough money to justify its existence, good.

14. Burningsirius

News Credits:
    Great Megatron vs Optimus battle. We never got this climatic battle in the Marvel stories.

Scorponok conquers Iacon. He is in constant doubt about if he has progressed beyond the mindless brute he was before.

Bludgeon is a massing a drone army with a G2 subplot.

Galvatron and Starscream will fight Optimus. We will see what will happen to Optimus.

Hot Rod chose the Golden Disc. For all the Beast Wars fans out there, Furman gives you all a bone with a Golden Disc. I mean... come on! We will see if we get a proper Rodimus Prime in Regeneration One. Also, Unicron's return and the dimensional rift have yet to be addressed.