Regeneration One #88 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Tim Formas

Tim Formas Old Man Administrator

News Credits:
  2. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Knight Automated Roving Robot

News Credits:
    I enjoyed it. Particularly interested in the Hot Rod thread and am liking his characterisation.

Whilst I don't mind the multiple plot threads, I do echo the criticism that the book would be more satisfying on the whole if some of the threads were resolved each issue while others are left to dangle. For example, if Hot Rod had actually met Primus, then that would have given the issue a bit of meat and made the dangling plot lines (like Galvatron's short 'screen time') more tolerable. Still, I suppose we now do know what the plan for Thunderwing is...

3. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't feel like there IS characterization in this book. Everyone is eactly the same = flat.

It feels like its assumed that we already know these characters from the previous 80 issues so nothing is added. Which is fine if you accept that, because it allows the series to function as it was intended.

I'm enjoying it, but it isn't really my cup of tea.

4. AdyCarter

AdyCarter Mentalist Conspiracies

Compared to the time it takes to read/enjoy an issue of MTMTE/RID this is over in seconds.

Disappointing, uneventful nonsense.

5. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

The last page was the best. I'm looking forward to more interaction between Galvatron and Starscream.

6. crazyfist1979

crazyfist1979 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, I'm only collecting this just because I have all of the original Marvel series and when it turned out issue 80 was the last, I had always wanted it to continue somehow. the 12 issues of G2 wasn't enough, I wanted a REAL conclusion to the original Generation One series. If this is indeed a limited run with issue 100 being the last, I sure hope they get things moving and explain a few things. Especially the fact that Scorponok has returned. I know his body and Zarak died in issue 75, but WHO brought him back? Did the original Scorponok have an extra body in storage and his original mind and personality downloaded somewhere ready to return when Zarak died? anyways...the series is okay...but my main complaint is the ART!!! Andrew Wildman...what happened?????? I look back at his art in issues 69-80...fantastic!!! Even his black and white comics for the UK...very good!!! When he did G.I.Joe for marvel he was still doing a great job. But his art in this series is some of his worst...I'm sorry but sometimes it's hard to tell who some of the characters are. It's just lazy like he doesn't care and it's just for a pay check. I might be wrong. I'm sorry if I am but it weren't for the colorist, some of the characters would look like just some random robots. So if there really are 12 issues left I sure hope there's an improvement in both story and art...

7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

8. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    They explained Scorponok's return a few issues back. No real issues there.

9. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I regret wishing for this series. Simon Furman is destroying the good memories of the way G1 originally ended with this rather disappointing, uneventful, and largely predictable series.

10. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I thought it was a lot better than #87. Although, that one set the bar very low.

I'm glad we're getting to some of the other plots, as I'm not at all interested in Grimlock and Scorpy right now. I hope that things pick up when we see more of Soundwave/Bludgeon and Galvatron/Starscream/Shockwave.

Also, I think that was the first ever appearance of Air Hammer. Awesome, I loved that toy when I was a kid. Wish I didn't wreck it and still had it in my collection.

11. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm in the same boat... I want to see this through to the end, but it's not what I intended when I said I wanted the original series continued. I wanted issue 81, not 332 (21 years later). With the exception of Megatron destroying the Earth, everything else could have been accomplished, for the most part, by skipping a month or two. The books use modern pacing and over the top plots (good idea: bringing back Scorponok by remembering the original head. Bad idea: having him turn Autobots into homocidal maniacs.)

Shouldn't Fortress Maximus have reactivated as well?

12. afmultiverse

afmultiverse Banned

Are you actually reading each issue?

Scorponok's return was fully explained in the book.

13. afmultiverse

afmultiverse Banned

why would you think so?

14. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, the Nebulons were reattaching dead Autobot's heads to reintegrate them. Fort Max could be brought back as well, but they just didn't know he was dead.

I also wonder if it's intentional that Brainstorm and Hardhead have different heads than they did in issue 82.

15. afmultiverse

afmultiverse Banned

I agree it seem possible, I just thought you were implying that he would automatically have come back on line.

I've been thinking that as well.

16. AdyCarter

AdyCarter Mentalist Conspiracies

The KoME also has seemingly random effects on people (from HURP DURP KILL EVERYTHINGZ through to "Yes I'll build you a giant KoME) and Im not sure what Scorponoks end game is with this, who would want a planet of semi suicidal morons who are intent on killing each other?

17. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Primus'll fix it.
    He can fix ANYTHING!

18. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I'm liking the fact that the evil key is not working on Punch. But I would think that, rather than destroying Punch, Scorponok would try to find out WHY it isn't working, and discover Punch's secret.

19. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    This series definitely picks up the feel of the old series. But i gotta say, these last few issues have left me a little unimpressed. Artwork is perfect. Story is meh.

20. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it, I just don't love it. Kind of seems like Furman is just going through the motions. It's worth it for the art though.