Reformatted R-50 Supermax Crowdfund

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by RVDA, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Tanafor

Tanafor Autobots at work

News Credits:
    Aaaand preordered!

• Like Like x 1
  2. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    Looks much better than the PE version with it's unnecessary headmaster gimmick. And since I know MMC has a reputation of milking molds for repaints I will say it now. Armada Megatron repaint please?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

Preordered! So excited for this, the alt mode is fantastic. Hope we get Armada Megatron out of this too.

4. RVDA

RVDA Toy Designer.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Personally I'm really pleased with all the love for Armada Megatron. Currently there are no remolds planned with Brave and Grand repaints being a biiiig maybe, but I'll see if I can't convince the boss. This month will be THE oppertunity to see how many people are up for it and work it in, since remolds have to be planned before the parts layout for the steel molds is determined.

Also, update on when the payment is due: PSX commented on this on their FB page. It's only when the full figure is released. This gives you a year to get the rest of the funds together. :) 

psx-whenispaymentdue.jpg

Yep, just place an order. :) 

While not a bad idea per say, I'm not sure how well it would work practically. Because not everyone who orders it posts on here, let alone see this thread. But it might be a good bit of hype building. :lol 

Yeah I noticed the resemblance as well. :lol  Was a nice coincidence. Probably not going to lead to a repaint, but since when has that stopped customizers?

And yep, I am. :) 

Ultra Magnus is definitely one I have my eye on doing, if MMC doesn't have one in the works already. I'm not up to date with everything they have planned.

Thank you! Updated the first post with this information! :thumb 

While Pious is cool, he is probably faaaar too minor a character to ever receive one, unfortunately.

Hopefully enough people will preorder it then. I agree with others here that $200 will be just the right price for this.

I don't know the cost breakdown either. But I believe that it's more so to give them the confidence they need to produce it without fearing that they will lose any money on this.

But what if you really like the repaint in both modes too? :lol 

This is good advice.

I'll talk to the Boss Penguin about this. See if we can't get more updates then just every monday.

• Like Like x 6
  5. SWAGE66

SWAGE66 Reeled Robot

@RVDA - Is the backpack/tread attachments designed to be removeable?

6. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Yeah those are most likely to get done if any but somewhere I saw RVDA posted some repaint/remolds he had in mind,(the original thread on this figure I think(thanks @Tiller) and Armada Megs was one of them. I got to go back and check.

I really hope we get at least little wheels in the threads if working threads won't happen. I NEED to roll this on my desk at work and get strange looks from my co-workers that wish they will feel the joy I will have as I pew-pew with the biggest cheese-eating grin possible.

7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Loving the idea of an Armada Megatron remold even if I were never to get it.

The more AEC love the better IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  8. The Rhinestone Ronin

The Rhinestone Ronin Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ordered!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Preordered. Love it. Tank mode looks like it's out of GiJoe or something.

• Like Like x 2
  10. RVDA

RVDA Toy Designer.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Currently they are designed to have a solid connection. But I don't know if the engineering phase will change that. Sometimes the engineers like to throw in features they came up with. So for now no, with a slight maybe.

After seeing people post about it here, rest assured: He will have wheels in the threads if I have something to say about it. I think it will depend on how the parts count works out, since right now all treads and the arms they are on are made to be identical for easy molding. This includes the upper and lower half of the treads. Including wheels in one might mean leaving unsightly gaps on the other side. We'll see how it works out.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Bainreese

Bainreese Well-Known Member

Preordered

• Like Like x 1
  12. AJaggens

AJaggens Well-Known Member

Preordered just because designer of this is a madman and should do more characters.

• Like Like x 6
  13. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't sent my money in yet, but I will soon. He looks really good. I know it won't happen, but I'd WAY prefer to put my money down for the Brave Max deco only - but the only way to help Brave happen is to make sure this one happens first. C'est la vie.

The schedule seems both entirely attainable and somewhat fast for what we're used to (for the most part) with silhouettes, teases, etc. Is that just an artifact of the process they're using, or is it that the design is finished and that's usually one of the bigger hold ups in the process?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nook

Nook Till all are gone

News Credits:
    Yeah, but I think it can work as some sort of exclusive. No remolds, just straight up repaint :) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. godotislate

godotislate B Gata H Kei

News Credits:
    My guess is that they'll put priority on pushing this through, since they know backers will have anxiety of waiting a year or so after investing money in it. ($50 is still $50.)

I'm also somewhat skeptical they'll hit the schedule, because it's MMC.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

I'd take Armada Megatron as either just a repaint homage or an actual remold. Anything to steer 3P towards the Unicron Trilogy :D 

17. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Aawd Lahndan Taaaahn...more specifically, Chiswick
    Pre-ordered.

I've wanted a MP Fort Max for a while, but my ideal G1 version would be the one that was in the comics and only slightly bigger than Prime... but as far as the alt. modes go, I was never sold on the garbage city mode or the garbage battle station mode (or any alt. modes in this vein, to be honest), and given how the whole MP game is catering more and more towards the 'toon-centric crowd, I expect a Titan size is what we may eventually get in the end, not what I'd like.

I also liked the the look of the Perfect Effect version, but again, the alt. mode wasn't great... it seemed highly compromised by the need to shoehorn in an alternative head mode for the Generations Fort Max, and that same reason made the 'bot size too smalll, and incompatible with either my IDW display or my MP shelves.

This, on the other hand, appears as though it will work great with either, and as a bonus, the alt. mode looks pretty good. Looking forward to having him next to my Maketoys Headmasters.

• Like Like x 2
  18. AniCosmos

AniCosmos Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is so cool! Congrats on getting your design green lit! The people have spoken!

I'll definitely be backing this. Love everything about it... the awesome design, the fact that we're getting a Reformatted version of this character, the price (preorder and final order), the crowdfunding method, etc., etc. It's all good.

Looking forward to this, and any other designs you may have coming down the pike.

• Like Like x 2
  19. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Aawd Lahndan Taaaahn...more specifically, Chiswick
    You should let us know how many backers you got after 24 hours. I reckon it'll be a good number.

• Like Like x 2
  20. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Can anyone tell where all those guns go? I’m assuming on his back, I’d love to see a back shot if you can provide one, @RVDA :thumb