Reformatted R-50 Supermax Crowdfund

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by RVDA, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

Have the mentality I do. Even if you don't want it in the end, youll be able to sell it for your money back. The only way we will get a bunch of these IDW characters is to show there is a market for them. Since there is only one other IDW FortMax available there isn't really a question to if the price will go up over time, it's moreso of how much will the price go up. So here is how I'd look at it, worst case scenario, you break even after you sell your copy (potentially); even with that worst case scenario you will help to get a figure made that many fellow collectors would really love to have. When it comes to crowd funding fandoms need to work together, LET SUPERMAX UNITE US ALL, TILL ALL ARE ONE!!!!!!!!!

That's my 2 pennies

• Like Like x 9
  2. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Listen to Fort Max...

upload_2019-2-9_11-56-42.png

• Like Like x 12
  3. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    - 28cm (11 inches) tall vs 16cm (6.2 inches) Two Wardens tall he is.

- Vastly more articulated in all respects.

- Way more comic art accurate in all respects.

- His alt and bot mode can look page perfect or have variations of different gun setups. All canons are optional in both modes.

- Frankly I just think our toy is going to be vastly prettier regardless of accuracy as a factor as Warden suffered from too boxy shapes and stubby legs and oddly chosen details in areas and he's just kinda aged badly. In contrast PE's Gorira and Doragon are some of my most favorite toys I own so I think they've come a long long way since Warden. I gladly leave him behind in favor of this and PE's future better work.

- Self moving armor parts on his abdomen, rear legs and I believe shoulders too. All designed to react automatically to articulation and reset on their own. Features very very rare to transformers. Heck only one I can think of with something similar is Galaxy Meteor with his leg panels.

- Supermax is not a headmaster (as the character is also not in idw), which means his neck gets to do more, theirs no worry of his head untransforming as its moved, he gets to have bigger accurate horns and a face swap feature can easily be implemented.

And from what I've seen of the transformation he does look like he'll be tremendously fun to unfold and flip around all his bits but eh that'll come down to the final result but I have no reason to worry it won't deliver. Warden is of course the partsforming mess thing that he is that I never cared much for. His tank mode was pretty ugly and his head mode kinda useless for anyone who didn't have a g1 max.

I dunno I'm obviously super duper biased haha but chief among the reasons I need this toy so so bad is because Warden leaves me frustrated still and dissatisfied with my lack of awesome huge autobot toys and huge idw designs I can never have enough of. Supermax is like yes please yes more of this please, so so much more. I would still support this thing even if I'd never read a single chapter of mtmte.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 12
  4. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Never been looking forward to a figure so much (except maybe FT Koot or MP Ironhide?)

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's me.

I know nothing about this version of Fort Max, but he just looks too cool to pass on.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

I don't have Carnifex and Pandinusbut I have MP Star Saber and Utopia, which are very similar in size. Using them as a reference, this Fortress is going to look very small compared to the extreme bulk of Pandinus.

7. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Huh... You guys have made me realize this guy would actually not scale horribly with Utopia.... And utopia has his bad ass tank carrier mode too to compliment him.

Come to think of it its not like the windows on the front hull are like scaled to any particular size so the whole drive section of Supermax could be thought of as like a ship command station. Can easily think of him as a legends scaled titan toy in that interpretation.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I also feel like this is superior to Warden. Warden is a very nice display piece, but he's not he best toy, especially with all his armor bits that can fall off. I may be remembering him wrong through. This guy though? He looks amazing and feels like he will be great to play with, and he'll stand nicely against Carnifex. This guy in my head canon would be a .01 percenter for the Autobots.

9. Lord Black Cat

Lord Black Cat Combat Hero Shadow

This thread reminded me I needed to hurry up and buy the amazingly pretty Aero Alpha Asterisk!

10. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

I’m in, my moneys on the table.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  11. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I put my order down for this guy!

On an unrelated note, does anyone else wanna petition the mods to merge the two Supermax threads?

12. Hexatron

I'd rather them make more! More coverage for the crowd funding.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thebricklord

Thebricklord Well-Known Member

You should really give it a try, he's a brutal and efficient autobot. Definitely one of the best continuities in my opinion.

14. LazyAza

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Nah. The other thread was for an initial showcase of the design before a company was chosen to develop it. It's kinda dated already and best people stop posting in it and just stick to this one since this is the projects official thread now n all. Rick and I and Dez can continue sharing the updates here and it'll all be good.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Hexatron

Just giving a little bump, nothing to see here. Unless you haven't placed an order, in that case open your eyes, your mind, and your wallet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Friendross

Friendross Well-Known Member

It can’t be possible that this thing articulates as well as flametoys tarn, however the animations certainly give that impression

17. godotislate

godotislate S-Secret Police?!

News Credits:
    Having seen MP BA, I realize now that what's needed to get Supermax over the 1200 mark is some sculpted nipple detail.

18. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The other thread was when the design wasn't picked up by MMC and was in the wild. I'm going to ask someone to close the thread and point them to this one to keep up with the crowdfund situation. Having two is dumb since the point of the first one was to gauge interest. Now we have a goal to hit.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Autobahn Jazz

Autobahn Jazz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm in.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 17
  20. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Oh well, just put my order in as well.

• Like Like x 4