Reformatted R-50 Supermax Crowdfund

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by RVDA, Feb 1, 2019.

1. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Man a Reformatted Thunderwing and Black Shadow would be incredible. Garatron is sorely lacking.

Does MMC plan to visit or revisit any fembots in the future? I know people have talked suggested Nautica quite often but does boss penguin believe there just isn't as much of a market for them or is it because the engineering would be too intricate or delicate (a la Azalea)?

If MMC is mainly focused on MTMTE for their Reformatted line now, I truly hope they revisit Cyclonus and consider Skids, Nightbeat and Ratchet. They don't have any true representation as I find Boreas doesn't embody the IDW likeness much and Generations Skids is an incredibly weak mold. I also hope for an Ultra Magnus and Brainstorm but I can understand that their Hasbro versions are considered pretty good for what they are. Ratchet has been done to death but no figure looks like his IDW version (I'm using the Planet X one as a stand-in but he looks like a grumpy old man).

• Like Like x 7
  2. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Seeing how Black Shadow is about the same size as Overlord and the upcoming Fort Max; I’m going to assume if it ever happens, that he’ll be the same size as those figures?

Pretty ambitious but would certainly be exciting and welcomed.

To go on what @bakerjin said; is there not enough interest in doing fembots? It’s such a travesty we haven’t gotten a voyager sized Windblade, Arcee and Nautica yet.

Arcee has potential for a combiner wars repaint. Nautica looks like she can be retooled into Firestar. Windblade I think has the potential to sell just because: she’s a well-known character and has never gotten a proper well made toy yet (outside of the Cracker Jack deluxe figure we got).

Other missing well known characters such as Blurr (Sarah Stone version of course), Mirage, Skids and Ratchet — I’d love to see these in the future, but I’d whole heartily wish for any of the fembots before any of those guys.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. User_121147

User_121147 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with you on redesigning cyclonus, but they have yet to redo a character in the same line. They re-edited stray but not like a brand new overhaul extensive remold or new figure of the same character in the reformatted line. But cyclonus is a early cassy design before mmc went the idw mtmte route. Mmc give us a R-22 re-edited (new figure) lol

• Like Like x 2
  4. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Huh I don’t know anyone that big other than Scorponok that shares a body type with Fort Max in IDW 1.0.

Edit: Maximus Ambus?!?

• Like Like x 4
  5. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Omg that’d be the most intimidating Quake toy of all time. Actually would love to see that hahah.

Really leaving us on a thread here in terms of who the retool could be.

Imma take a wild guess and say Beast Wars Rampage. Could happen!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Terramotus

Terramotus Triple-Changer

I would buy the hell out of a LL sized Scorponok in the Reformatted style as well Fort Max/Supermax. I don't love the citybots as huge robots, as you can never make them properly in scale. However, the canon with them as smaller (but still big) bots? Definitely. I also have Garatron, but I would buy a MMC version of Thunderwing in a moment. I always liked the Stratosfear design a lot better, and I really love MMC's work in general.

• Like Like x 4
  7. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So is this a crowdfund of show interest and if enough people do well produce the product for everyone or do you have to fund it to get it?

8. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    Out of the three G1 Maximus toys, Brave Maximus had the best color. Didn't think it would work but Bold Max here looks good and may have the best color scheme as well. Please consider!

9. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    2yrs is too long to wait

• Like Like x 1
  10. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

I backed before (4 copies) because this looks like my all-time favorite 3P design.
    I'm glad the wait means there are things incorporated from Pexus for a standard release.

I hope MMC reconsiders UT Megatron even if they redeco it as Galvatron, I love the render. Because as someone who grew up with Armada, its not about who's version is first but getting every version available lol.

11. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    The crowdfund is over. Didn’t work so they’re producing the figure normally.

Might be helpful if any mods could fix the title to remove crowdfund.

• Like Like x 3
  12. User_121147

User_121147 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I completely agree, or at least they can make it a tfcon exclusive figure. Bet it will sale out in a day like batman (vexo) did.

13. Safeguard

Safeguard Autobot

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Maybe they could remould Fort Max into Ultra Magnus?

• Like Like x 2
  14. RVDA

RVDA Toy Designer.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Stratosfear was going to be about that size. But the engineer working on him ran into significant issues with multiple elements of the design, to the point it was deemed better to just shelve it. And tbh, if we do ever get back around to Thunderwing, it'll probably be something completely new.

We're looking into doing Windblade for IF, along with several other fembots (some of which look really promising). Nautica would work for Reformatted, but we're running into the problem where we're not sure how well any remolds/repaints of her would sell. Combination of fembots not being popular and not much IDW stuff selling outside of core LL cast/big G1 name characters. Even if she does well on her own, it wouldn't be enough to offset production costs. So that is where she is at right now. :/

As for Arcee...Reformatted and Occular Max already has her covered!

Nah.

Nah. Bigger name and more popular character.

Incidentally, I did pitch the idea for a Mors remold into BW Rampage, but ran into the same issue as Tankor. Would work better on a smaller toy.

Not a crowdfund anymore. Failed the first time around. Still coming out, just later.

Wouldn't work, body types and transformations are too different.

• Like Like x 15
  15. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Hey man not for nothing, it is super cool that you take the time to answer people’s questions, thank you for that.

• Like Like x 10
  16. Ronb03

Ronb03 Member

I’m so excited for this figure, it would be great to have a mtmte/lost light red alert to go along side him. Hopefully the scavengers come in to play down the road.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Heh, worth a shot. Really felt confident with that one.
    That is sounding much of very promising indeed yes

• Like Like x 2
  18. ThatGuyCalledBlaster

ThatGuyCalledBlaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's one reason why I really like MMC. The people behind the scenes aren't just mystery figures, they're regular fans just like us. They're not focused on competing with the rest, but doing their best.

I'm surprised I haven't seen any mention from anyone about an MMC Red Alert. Seconded!

O

Look just make it a plane and you've got me, haha.

But I wanted to buy one for my mom!

Hahahaha, I honestly can't believe I didn't know this until now despite how obvious it is!

DAMMIT NOOOOOOOOOOO

Run it back. Run it back and get me a Pyro and a Rotorstorm right now. Run it the fuck back.

Cooler Gun Cropped.png

I mean who wants the baby anyway?

Hahahahaha, I don't.

But maybe Maximum Dinobots Scorponok could make the cut? :D 

19. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    The hope this thread fosters in me taught me to love again.

• Like Like x 7
  20. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    @RVDA As long as you keep them slowly coming out, I will buy pretty much all the LL crew you put out.

I'll be honest, I mostly try to stick to the main characters and the notable side characters.

To me that means everyone here:
    d7237af1de9df44041fdb8c6beedd5c8.jpg

Here:
    Ef-M16rXYAA4PXS.jpg

And most importantly:
    78eb2c4ff5aae31c12a41bce8793166b.jpg
    You think I won't buy 9 MMC Swerves?

Try me

• Like Like x 11