reformating citybots

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ssjkazer, Aug 25, 2011.

1. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    If we get a Trypticon, Has/Tak will give us a Tank.
    Frenzy- Tank
    Rumble- Tank
    Galvi- Tank
    Banzi-Tron- Tank
    Bludgeon- Tank
    Straxus- Tankish
    Skullgrin- Tankish

Can never have enough tanks.

2. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    it has been moved to general lol

3. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    If HasTak were to ever give us an updated City-former, This is how it should be done. Don't do it half-hearted - Go all out, do it right & we'll happily pay whatever you're charging. :) 

4. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would go a G1 repaint of Cybertron Metroplex. I think the current head sculpt works for him too. I also think that with a new head a little retooling, Cybertron Metroplex could be a Fort Max redux as well. BTW that Custom Max is pretty cool!

On the Cyberverse side, Looking at my Ark, I am thinking that it could have a bot mode with some more work, and still been a ship and base set. I think this may be the way Hasbro goes if they do decide to give us city bots again. I would buy them regardless of the hate they may inspire in the fandom. I think someone asked at botcon about the cityformers too, and I want to say that Hasbro's comment was, "No Comment". That may be a good thing.

Hasbro give us something!

5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beg Hasbro to write these characters into Prime, that's the only prayer we have of ever seeing toys of them at an agreeable size. Hasbro won't make any large-scale figures for characters with no tie-in fiction, the profit potential isn't there.

6. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    Fortress Maximus dwarfed Metroplex in the Headmasters series. Personally, since these are citybots after all, and since fort max is explicitly called Autobot headmaster headquarters, I'm ruling out Fort Max's depiction in the comics. So to "get it right" Fort Max should dwarf Metroplex, as he does in toy form.

Agree. Really can't see any city-bots just....not turning into cities. At least give them some form of a play set. That's why i can't agree with metroplex being a simple bus...I mean the dude is Autobot City...please have him be more than a 50 person bus.

Yeah. That's exactly what I'm talking about man. Exactly.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    It totally depends on how Fort Max is portrayed imo.

Scenario 1: If he's just a huge character with no lame headmaster gimmick, fair enough, he can be as big as or bigger than Metroplex.

Scenario 2: If he's still a headmaster, no way would he be bigger than Metroplex, regardless of his G1 toy/comic portrayal. Spike is obviously a human, so he can't mass shift. That means he transforms into the head of Cerebros who is, what, smaller than Prime? Then Cerebros transforms into the head of Fort Max, and without mass shifting by like 5000% to accommodate the head of a bot larger than an entire city, he'd still end up being no bigger than a standard combiner.

Personally, I'd be on board with the first scenario since I think the whole schtick of headmasters was/is beyond ******ed.

8. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    It's your call of course, but if you disagree with Scenario 2 then that means you don't believe in Megatron as depicted in all mediums, soundwave/blaster, astrotrain from robot mode to train mode, and the other base, bot, Omega Supreme. Omega's head is no larger than prime's body in some depictions yet his hands grow large enough to fit the entire autobot earth presence into his rocket. So you can't have it both ways..i'd say you either fully subscribe, or not fully subscribe.

Also the Japanese cartoons were the only mediums to show the older city bots like metroplex and trypticon juxtaposed against fort max/scorponok and they both towered over their older counterparts. I mean you can chose to perceive it however you chose to perceive it, but canon states that they guys are absolutely massive, regardless of weather they consist of headmasters (lord zarak, who is galvatron-sized, forms scorponok's entire head. Fortress, aka Cerebros, pilots the battleship maximus, which of course is gargantuan enough to hold a video-game/entertainment room for humans) or not.

9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fort Max was only twice the size of Prime in Marvel, and his own character instead of equipment. I think he was actually smaller in IDW. I'd be perfectly fine with a Voyager.

Metroplex is big no matter what media, so a Leader or bigger is the only way to go.

10. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yup, that's absolutely a valid point. In my case, even though I like the cartoons & toys yada yada yada, I have always hated the idea/concept/excuse/whatever of mass shifting once the term became commonplace years after G1. Advanced alien machines or not, I've just never been and never will be on board with these things shrinking & expanding like rubber balloons. That's why I'm all for gadget-former guys like Megs, Soundwave, Perceptor, Blaster, Reflector, etc. being reimagined as vehicles while retaining their G1 look in bot mode via series like Classics. Just a personal preference of course.

11. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Fixed your little mistake there :) 

12. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

While I've never actually thought of any "citybots" as actualy citys, lets face Metroplex could fit about 6 transformers on him at one time total with out looking stupid, Fort Max maybe 12, they were not citys, not even human sized citys let alone TF sized ones, they were basically mobile weapons platforms/repair bays.

So heres how I'd set them anyway:
    Metroplex: Leader class, rolling battle station and defenable repairbay
    Trypticon: Basically the same but with a dino robot mode.
    Omega: Leader class tank with a rocket or some kind of jet and a trailer the tank can pull with the jet on it that all combine into robot mode.
    Scorps: Supreme robotic Scorpion (well dur) and I'd actually go with a spaceship mode, if they can fit a base mode in there to cool but its not really needed.
    Fort Max: Starship/stellar dreadnought and a fortification/weapons platform.

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The Cyberverse Ark gives me hope.

14. Tikin

Tikin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trypticon - Triple changer; dino, Nemesis-class warship, and giant killsat, ala Exodus

Omega Supreme - If not Wfc, then one of these complete with shuttle:
    [​IMG]

Metroplex - An aircraft carrier with a base mode.

Fortress Maximus - For some reason I really like the idea of a huge, armored militarized train, like a railway cannon:
    [​IMG]

15. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    great idear post pitures of what they can turn into