Redeco - Botcon Alpha Trion??

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Junior, May 2, 2007.

1. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Gotta say I hope this is a club exclusive, if this is one of the attendee only toys I'm going to be kind of disappointed, never liked the mold to begin with really, this doesnt help it much IMO.

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I think it's got more to do with the amount that he's selling so much as the price he's selling it for.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    I hope it has the Takara plastic for the wings/cape. I heard that was better than the floppy Hasbro stuff.

4. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

LOL, it's looking like FP's shipment of these guys is gonna come up quite a few cases short.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, maybe...but still how did this guy get more then 5 of these? it doesnt make sense

6. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know and agree, but some people are saying that it seems fishy because of the price increase.

7. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

If this is a Botcon exclusive, I'd be happy to trade mine to someone for last years Darksyde Megs.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ah, I got ya.

9. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gezzus! They're sell as fast as he's listing them!!!

10. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

Awesome. I love that mold, and I love that head. It's a little pale, but it makes me want the Botcon set even more. My GF Vector Prime uses his backpack as a shield now...I can't imagine how cool A3 would look with the same mod.

11. SCPrime

News Credits:
    I was thinking why he didn't post the auctions as bid auctions rather than buy it now auctions since he could get alot more going that route. Then it came to me that he probably knows he's got a lot of unauthorized stock of these stuff and need to unload them quickly before FP finds out and tells him/ebay to stop the auctions. And he probably low-balled the prices so he can sell them fast, not realizing in the beginning that he really low-balled it to the point that it's being nabbed superfast. Now realizing it he's increasing the price with every few auction.

Edit: Also, if it is true and he does have all of what he is auctioning, then I don't think these are testshots. I think these are the actual production ones that are suppose to go to FP. There's no way he can get that many testshots. I think that's why he's trying to unload them so quickly

12. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    so far he's sold 17-18 of them, this is really ridiculous, I wonder, if he has this many, and they are all BIN, then why not put up a whole army of them at once, rather than listing them one at a time?

13. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's listing them at the same time, it's just that they're selling as quickly as he's listing them.

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    duh duh duhhhhhhh...the plot thickens...

15. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    He listed tons of Ironhide, SS, Ratchet, Megatron too, not it's not "unusual".

16. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

It's easier to list one, then send the invoice, then hit relist same item, then send the invoice. I got my invoice immediately. I'd do it the same way instead of having to send out 20 invoices all at once.

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Maybe they are also catering for people who grew up solely on the original cartoon who aren't interested in the Marvel comic?

18. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    For a mass release I understand, but this is supposed to be an exclusive? Like I said, I should move to China and become a scalper, I bet he paid very little, if anything for them.

Wonder how Pete@Botcon feels about this

19. useless

useless Completely Unreasonable TFW2005 Supporter

How can you be sure that Marvel Ultra Magnus didn't have (as opposed to wasn't seen using) the Inner Robot mode? lack of evidence is not evidence of lack. for that matter just because we didn't see Alpha Trion doesn't mean he couldn't be in existence somewhere in that universe.

For that Matter in the US Marvel issues (which is apparently what this is based on) UM didn't appear at all.

My guess is that its due to the fact that Fun Publications have in the past been EXTREMELY aggressive (well compared to Hasbro) about invoking eBay's IP Holders policy when a test shot of one of their exclusives turns up early (actaully AFAICT only when one gets linked on major boards) so he's trying to sell them before a complaint can be filled out/actioned....

20. SCPrime

News Credits:
    This is what I think too. I think this is worse than putting up a couple of botcon testshots. I think these are actual production ones that intended to go to FP. If he's got 30, and assuming they are going to be sold for $80 each by FP, then he essentially stole $2400 from FP. FP is going to be really pissed when they find out which is why he's unloading them as quickly as he can.