Red Armada Powerlinx Thrust OUT IN UK

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by payres, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i doubt that this is going to be any sort of 'release'....i had a random restock of Wave 3 Armada toys during the middle of Energon, it'd probably just be a old case found lying out back and put on shelves.....very interesting to see it had Thrust though.....

Red PLX Thrust is going to be one of those 'holy grail' sorta TFs by the sound of it.....finding one is just that hard.

2. rikkomba2006

rikkomba2006 Member

so, I am glad I got one :-D

3. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I demand one you nice UK Transfan to ship him to me at once. Please???

4. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Examining the packaging there is no import sticker on it - therefore we have to conclude it's an official Hasbro UK product. IIRC PL Thrust was shown at Toyfair in ..... 2004 ?

The Entertainer are not the sort of shop to leave boxes lying at the back, and have a reputation for digging up quality end of line stock at discount prices sometime after the range ends - we were feasting on Zoids in there last year (and I notice they'd restocked these as well today) - and they got us the Battle in a Box, Walmart Energon Armada repaints, Prowl vs Starscream and Costco "Obliterator Clench" Optimus and "construction yellow" Overload.

I don't think it was a random Thrust in a box of others because they've not had any Armada for ages - cleared the last of the Hoist/Rhinox/Terry wave out about a year ago - and the other items on the shelf hadn't been UK sighted before either - PL Thrust & TFA Armada. There were 4 x Airazor, 1 x Cyclonus and 2 x Thrust. Assuming an 8 case that means someone else bought one of something first - probably another Cylonus.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else sees any of these in the UK.

By my reckoning the UK is still short of the following Armada toys:

Wheeljack - with either yellow or blue stripes
    Armada Cheetor w Cliffjumper
    PL Hotshot
    PL Demolishor
    Nemesis Prime

5. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    good point. i had forgotten that it was indeed TE that brought in the BiaB stuff.

so, can someone from there get me a red Thrust?

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    C'mon Hasbro, send a batch of Red Thrusts to a Big Lots near me! :) 

7. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Beasties!

News Credits:
    sweet! i didnt know these got to israel...i hope i can still get my hands on one when i go there..

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    man, that really does suck for us in the US...i always wanted one to add to my seeker collection, but cant afford toimport...maybe someday, or at least maybe hasbro can just do something like they did with sunstorm, and just make it a random figure to show up in the US....even if they just put him in cybertron packaging id be happy.....but good for you UKers...

9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    More rare euro Armada goodies:

Euro PLX Hot Shot on eBay UK - note the CD

I can only presume that these were in the same assortment that I picked the Airazor, PL Cyclonus and Red PL Thrust from.

10. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Forbidden Planet had some really random stock of those horrid Universe Sideburns and Prowls when I went in there yesterday. No idea where they came from.

Phazer

11. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I bought a red Thrust and Airrazor on Friday from the Entertainer in Solihull. I opened Airrazor, but Thrust is sealed at the moment. I only really bought him because I've got all the other versions of him, but the red and black is probably the best colour scheme, in jet mode at least.

Other figures on the shelf were bright green Cyclonus and Powerlinx Hot Shot (first time I've actually seen him in the UK).

12. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So we're thinking the case is probably 2 of each of the 4 toys we've seen. I found out about the Hot Shot just as I bought one in from the US to complete my collection of Armada dlxs.

That would leave Wheeljack, Nemesis Prime, PL Demolishor & A Cheetor as the only unreleased UK Armada dlx toys.

Agreed the Red Thrust deco is easily the best - I've got the greeen one and Sunstorm here and both look foul compared to RED PL Thrust. The colours just work.