Recon Barricade, Rescue Ratchet, Thundercracker and Dreadwing pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by T16skyhopp, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Barricade just needs his opaque windows painted. I will be getting him, but I really like the mold. (mostly for the alt mode) If they repaint FAB Ratchet into those colors, I'd get it.

Oddly enough, I was thinking of calling him Stop Stix. (Stop stick is just another name for a spike strip)

2. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Ratchet and Bumblebee are nice. I still don't understand what happened to silver paint.

3. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW! Those repaints are plain and cheap. That Barricade makes me sad, and Dreadwing is way unporportioned, his head sticks up too high. Thank god I do not like Autobots, but unfortunately I am some what of a completist and will get Barricade, Thundercracker and Dreadwing.

4. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    it's amazing how they took the most sleek looking transformer in the movie (Barricade) and F 'n ruined him.
    All those repaints suck. Bumblebee is not a repaint and that is hands down a contestant for the best movie figure.
    Thundercracker might have potential I have to see the head in person to tell whether or not I like it.
    Overall this review is not good figuers are horrible.

5. jesse685

jesse685 Active Member

SPLIT LIP, Where can you get Bumblebee (08 Camaro) in Australia. It would be really helpful.

6. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

I want Thundercracker!

7. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Might actually pass on Ratchet and Barricade. The others will be mine though.

8. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That Recon Barricade still has a change before final production. The gray on the lightbar is getting removed. So sayeth the Hasbro Proto Tour Station.

9. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    out of the pics.. I will only get '08 Bumblebee.

10. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was initially excited about G1 redecos of the movie figures...I'm changing my mind slowly...perhaps not too great an idea in execution. As far as Thundercracker, he doesn't exist to me...he's not in the movie. And if he shows up in the films at all, he won't look like that. Had to get strict on that criteria in order to reduce the purchasing of all the ridiculous redecos and made up character bull sh*t.

Bumblebee is badass, can't wait for that or the Ultimate version.

11. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    October. All of the figures shown in this preview. rescue ratchet. Thundercracker and recon barricade are slated for october. (and before you cry about it that's just three months so that gives hasbro more time to fix color issues)

rescue ratchet- nice redeco especially in vehicle mode. I'll easily wind up getting both versions to complement g1 jazz but if you did'nt like glorph green they have this.

Thundercracker- Horray! Doth thundercracker has returneth though not through the portal of mass released classics but through the guise of bay let the voyager seekers reign be long.

Edit: I see bumblebee and dreadwing pics were added. dreadwing is still useing the official photography without the ears up or the crotch plate fliped. Both are fun toys. And I look forward to this cyclopean armada thrust with spring missle launcher arms.

12. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but these all look uniformly awful. They manage to spoil even the look of the movie toys, which is saying something IMO.

Cheap and nasty.

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

errr... but didn't G1 Ratchet always look like a "nurse"? :) 

I'm really disappointed with Recon Barricade. I'm surprised that they didn't go with white instead of that dull grey... would have looked much better I think. As it is, those colours just don't really look so hot.

Do municipal police ever have grey cars? I have -never- seen a grey police car (though I live in Canada).

zmog

14. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Some call it grey, some call it silver ... it all depends on how you look at it.

15. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    I will call it grelver. :D 

16. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

Thundercracker and Dreadwing will be mine. I'm "meh" on Ratchet and Mall Security Barricade (who I agree with some who said he'd have made a kick ass Autobot with these colors).

17. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks a lot. I was looking more at that new BB mold, but the rest look interesting as well, but I dont think that I'll be picking those ones up anyway.

18. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never thought I'd say this...

... I WANT that Bumblebee!

19. Bloodcat

Bloodcat Well-Known Member

Ill get Thundercracker because he looks way better than Starscream did, and I might get Rescue Ratchet as a Christmas gift for an EMT friend of mine. Total pass on the Barricade repaint though. Pass on Dreadwing too. The drones do nothing for me.

20. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Next person to say that the G1 Ratchet repaint is bad because it looks like a nurse is gonna get blasted. Seriously, nurses are absolutely essential. Nursing shortages are causing a lot of problems. I do agree that the mold needs more paint applications.

I do agree with the "lens" issue on Swindle & Dreadwing, but I'll deal with it. I'm really impatiently waiting on the upgraded Bumblebee, though.