Recommendations on where to buy G1 Green Giant Type 61 Devastator

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by oblivi, Jul 12, 2014.

1. oblivi

oblivi Member

Hi, was wondering if anyone knows a credible place I could buy Transformers G1 Green Giant Type 61 Devastator. I looked at some sites online and they come off shady to me and I was wondering if anyone can recommend me to a store where I can buy it. (I'm from Canada). I checked ebay and some of the prices are pretty high (from shipping and import taxes it's like $100 extra and I heard bad things about buying it from China such as they sometimes ship imitation products) and was wondering if anyone knew a cheaper place to buy than that. I checked the distributors listed on maketoys.jp but it seems out of stock and some store websites such as tf source looks shady in that I can't find a physical address for them even though it's a virtual store (I looked up reviews online as well and read that some people had problems with customer service).

2. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon UT Gang Rise Up

News Credits:
  3. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I have a Green Giant. Still sealed. Might be interested in selling it...

4. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I got mine from TF Source for what its worth.

BBTS also has it in stock the last time I checked.

5. oblivi

oblivi Member

@TacticalBacon Sorry I just thought to post here because it said this is the Toy Discussion and didn't know what was meant for the section 3rd party. About that site you mentioned, that's one of the sites I found with my research but it only has substandard available and I want it in good condition.

@Electro Rush I wasn't sure about that site because of the review I read about their customer service and charges in that a reviewer complained that it was difficult trying to contact them to cancel his order because he accidentally bought two and they ended up shipping both anyway and charging him for it (TF Source). I was also hoping for a store in Canada or somewhere that I wouldn't get such high shipping/import charges.

6. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    It was my only purchase with TF Source and had no issues, but I can't really say much else beyond that one time.