Recommend me alternate alt. modes for a few figures

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by the oaf, Nov 21, 2019.

1. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

A little while ago I read someone say to another member, something like "Why not just get a model of a vehicle if you want to display alt. mode?".

I already collect various 1:43 scale cars... F1 cars (50's through to 90's), BTCC winners, random cars I like... and famous vehicles from film and TV. I realised I'd never even considered any Transformers for that last category at all; however, within the other parts of the collection, I already owned 5 - Jazz, Wheeljack, Mirage, Tracks (even though it's a convertible), and Red Alert (sort of... White countach, no decals). So, now the OCD part of my brain starts ticking and I'm thinking, "Why not get a display of '84 & '85 Autobot car going?" Sounds easy enough, right?

Well, for some characters, yes... but thanks to Diaclone/HasTak using such obscure models for a fair few others, substitutes have had to be made. Some are fairly close, like a Saviem S7 Fire Engine for Inferno, or a Land Rover Defender for Brawn, but others are a little bit further removed, like Trailbreaker, where the closest black Hi-Lux's you can get are either a '97 flatbed or some weird modern six-wheeled Arctic trekking monstrosity (which at least had a camper bit)... but in the end I went for a Toyota FJ Cruiser, 'cause it looks fairly similar.

Certain other characters I haven't got yet as the model is available, just not in the right colour (and my painting skills are not up to that task yet), or the price people want is absolutely ridiculous - I'm looking at you Bluestreak... **** off at 200 quid plus.

But there are still a handful with absolutely nothing close to a representation available and nothing else that I can think of, so can any of you name me some alternatives for the following:
    Beachcomber
    Grapple
    Hoist
    Smokescreen
    Windcharger

2. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

I just preordered this:
    upload_2019-11-22_13-35-44.jpeg
    Kyosho 1/64, next month.

3. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    What are you using for cliffjumper?

4. the oaf

It will be a Porsche 924, but I can't find a red one for a sensible price at the moment. Not as bad as Bluestreak, but outside what I consider reasonable.

• Like Like x 1
  5. qemuel

qemuel It's a trick. Get an axe.

I've always been under the impression that Windcharger is a chibi(ish) version of a 3rd generation 1982 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am. He has the driver-side hood scoop and everything.

6. the oaf

Yes, he is... but I haven't been able to find a single 1:43 scale version at all... except K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider.

• Like Like x 1