RECOMMEND ME A FIGURE (Lugnut is neat)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    So I finally got Lugnut today and decided to bust the big boy open. I never really wanted to collect anything that wasn't G1 Classics and with the excuse that the BiS set put Lugnut in the G1 series, I figured, let me get this guy.

All I have to say is wow. I think this is one of my favorite Transformers that I have in my classics line. It could be because I was ready to not be impressed, but this guy is amazing.

He has a great Alt mode. Looks fantastic. Then his bot mode blows it out of the water as well. Cannot really see what there is to complain about this guy. I can barely find any faults with him. He is really great.

He is everything I wanted Highbrow to be. While Highbrow looks great in Alt mode, he is a POC in his Bot mode. I think I may have to take some pics of a Lugnut beat down on Highbrow.

I know some people might be like, "where have you been? Of course he is awesome", but he is new to me.

So I was wondering, what other figure that is not G1 Cartoon would I enjoy? I prefer Classics styling, so no Movieverse figures.

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Like he said, its GLORIOUS!

I know you said no movieverse, but for 16 bucks you can probably find a HA Jazz, and let me tell you: that thing is an engineering feat. I don't know what from classics-verse that you do not have, though.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Lugnut is great, for sure. The only thing I don't like about him is that I wish he had a bit more shoulder articulation.... like a pivot on the engines so he could swing his arms backward. But he makes up for it by having joints in his fingers and jaw. :) 

Do you have HFTD Tomahawk? He's a similar "slightly Movie-flavored Classics style" figure, and he's pretty fantastic (as is his repaint, Vortex). Terradive and (even better) Space Case are nice, too, but I think Tomahawk edges them out slightly for me.

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Sorry, but all that I can recommend is Movie figs.

5. Alucard77

News Credits:
    well I pretty much have every figure that is in the G1 cartoon. I don't have a lot of the voyager sized figures though for G1 Cartoons that belong to a combiner teams. So no blades and stuff like that.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Since you only said that you prefer classics figures and no movie figures, I recommend maybe finding some Galaxy Force figures.

7. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yup, I have these. I love Terradive, he is awesome. I am not crazy about his bot mode though. I wish I could get more excited for it, but I prefer him as a helicopter.

By, what other WWII styled transformers are there? I seem to like those as well.

8. WhiteMocha

Not really many WWII bots, but do you have Hubcap? He's one of my favorite recent scouts, and does have a vintage alt mode. And he more or less fits in with Classics, though some might argue that.

9. Alucard77

News Credits:
    You know, I have seen him and passed on him a bunch. Now he is gone.

I have Bludgeaon, I wonder if I should get Banzaitron. Who the hell is Banzaitron supposed to be anyway though?

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    NEST (or is it ROTF?) Lockdown might surprise you. He's retroactively G1 like Lugnut too.

If you don't have one already, Bludgeon or Banzaitron are great, and so are Hailstorm or his remold Mindset.

edit: Banzaitron is an incarnation of G1 Actionmaster Banzai Tron

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

This Dude

13. CURAMEN

CURAMEN LOS ANGELES COLLECTIVE

News Credits:
    I just recently opened my RTS Lugnut and felt the same way... This figure caught me off guard and his alternate mode is very impressive.

14. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well the bludgeon mold doesn't work for him at all.

15. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you don't mind shelling out the cash for it, the BotCon Banzai-Tron based on Energon Mirage is a much closer match.

16. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Well yeah, he doesn't resemble his original self except in color, but those colors look kickass IMO in that mold. The red skull mask just gives him a very sinister look and the swords are painted a killer shiny blue, unlike Bludgeons'. ROTF Bludgeon might be more iconic for nostalgia but Banzaitron looks way better.

17. WhiteMocha

18. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Damn, I almost busted into my Luggers last night, and may finally give in and do it. I am not really into non-G1 classics either, but may have to give this guy a shot.

As far as Banziatron, I am just hoping that they make a head upgrade for him. Love the figure, but don't really care for that head much. Looks like a damn robin hood hat on it.

Edit: And yall talked me over the edge, busted it open.

19. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Lugnut, Seaspray, Bludgeon, Breacher, Hubcap, and Lockdown are all awesome and fit well with the classics.

Going back a bit more, Cybertron Evac and the Cybertron Defense trio (Hot Shot, Scattorshot, and Red Alert) are fantastic figures.

Most Energon Decepticons work as well. I have Scorponok, Dreadwing, Slugslinger, and Sharkticon on display.

20. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to echo the earlier HA Jazz sentiment. Amazing figure, well worth it, and still rather easy to find at TJ Maxx and the like.

Other than that, there's a rather short list. Drift is nice, pairs well with Lockdown (especially since they were in the Spotlight: Drift comic together), and his repaint into Blurr works very well too.