Recast BW with other beast era characters

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by supernova222, Feb 14, 2020.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know this concept has been done to death but I realized that most discussion about revisited BW has involved either g1 characters as beast bots or new versions of the exact same BW cast. there are so many unused and unsung characters in the beast era that have such potential. So, post here who, from the whole beast era(including BW, BW II, BW neo and the toyline), you would have arranged into new teams for a new story, be it meant for tv, comics, a toyline or movies.

Maximals:
    Big Convoy
    Razorbeast
    Grizzly-1
    Tigertron
    Airazor
    Break
    Armordillo

Predacon:
    Galvatron
    Guiledart
    terrorsaur
    waspinator
    spittor
    Dinobot II
    Antagony

Other:
    Torca
    Seacons
    Sharp Edge
    magmatron
    transquito

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Tigatron was originally intended to be Wolfang, so I'd probably just do that.

3. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

That seems rather random...

I've kind of already done this and I put a tone of thought and research into the characters I chose.

The one I wasn't really sure about is Dirgegun. I want to use him in my cast because the Theft of the Golden Disk shows Dirge originally working for Cryotek who is the main villain in my cast of characters. I wanted everything to be in continuity with each other.

At the end of Theft of the Golden Disk Cryotek and his crew are arrested by the Maximal police force. And everyone who appears in this is part of my Beast Wars cast by the way with a few other new characters. I imagine that Dirge manage to escape custody some how and joined Galvatron's crew while Cryotek was in prison.

The idea for my story was to pick after Beast Wars II with Cryotek and crew breaking out of prison. Dirgegun was meant to rejoin them except I have no idea if he even survives Beast Wars II so deciding exactly how I'm going to have him rejoin Cryotek's crew after those events has totally eluded me. I have two different ideas.

If alive: Dirgegun returns to Cybertron on his own and with his new Cyberbeast form breaks his former team mates out of prison.

If dead: This requires a bit more backstory.

The story is meant to take place on an alien planet inhabited by organic "transformers" known as Mutants. This was my way of working the Mutants from the toy line into the story. Fuzors in this story were also going to be the result of scanning the planet's inhabitants mid transformation rather than scanning two animals at once as was the case for Silverbolt and Quickstrike. They're only scanning one creature here but their scanners weren't made to scan something that can shape shift so the resulting beast mode is a mid transformation of one creature from one beast mode to another.

Anyway... this planet is also suppose to have a unique energy signature and strange properties that were going to start off vague as to exactly what that meant and I'd reveal more about it as the story went on. This could be used as a way of bringing back Diregegun without breaking the continuity set up in Beast Wars II... and then I have to find some other of explaining how Cryotek and his crew managed to get out of prison or if they all managed to evade arrest off screen and got separated...

Either way I really want Diregegun to rejoin Cryotek's crew. They both have a direct connection the Darksyde crew via the Theft of the Golden Disk and Diregegun also has a connection to Japanese Beast Wars cartoons and I was going to include references to both though those characters would not actually appear in this story I just want to establish that there is a shared continuity between all these different Beast Wars.

So anyway... my cast consists of...

The Theft of the Golden Disk cast minus the Darksyde crew.

Mutants and Fuzors.

I'm also including figures which had the "Mutant head" gimmick as new characters taking inspiration form Tarantulus and Blackarachnia. The Cartoons never used that gimmick in either the American or Japanese versions. The animators would just pick ONE head to base the robot mode design and stick with that design. So in much the same way that Blackarachnia uses the normal robot head while Tarantulus uses the Mutant head of the same toy mold... I also made characters that would reuse the same molds but with an alternate head and color scheme repurposed as a different character. Optimus Primal for example is now Apeface but has the Universe color scheme and the Mutant head on robot mode. He's also now a Predacon and also uses that skull mace weapon the toy had which never featured in the cartoon as his primary weapon. So despite being based on the same toy mold BW Apeface is a totally different character visually from Optimus Primal due to the differences in what features they show or don't show. Every one of these figures was included in my cast either as an unused character from the Toy Line or a completely new character repurposing an existing repaint. And the mold that inspired this is the only one that isn't being reused because Tarantulus and Blackarachnia already use both the toy heads. I'm only using head designs that WEREN'T already used in the fiction. Most of these Mutant head figures were used at least once there's only a couple that I included as two different characters each using a different head.

I've also repurposed Megaligator as Cryotek's first beast mode. He would later be upgraded into the TM2 Megatron repaint he's more known for but I really wanted to make use of that Megatron Alligator mold and it makes the most sense between Energon Shock Blast Cryotek and TM2 Megatron Cryotek.

The Maximal's leader in this story is kind of repurposing three different things... First off being that I'm using that Alligator Megatron you should of guessed I also have the Bat Optimus in here. I'm calling him Onyx Primal based on the black repaint which I believe was actually meant to be a Predacon but I'm using the name on the original version of the mold. And the third thing is that this character is actually meant to be Great Convoy from Beast Wars II. We don't really see much of Great Convoy other this his Optimus Prime head that all the Convoys in the Beast Era have and this massive freaking cape that covers his entire body. But the thing is... I imagine that as a bat he would wrap his wings around himself in robot mode to mimic the cape he use to wear on Cybertron and only unfold the wings in combat or while flying in robot mode. But yeah, I don't really like using the Japanese names, it seems weird to me to have a mix of American and Japanese names in the same story so every Japanese only character has been given an Americanized name. It's still meant to be the same character as Great Convoy, I'm just calling him Onyx Primal. I might also reference Lio Convoy and Big Convoy as Leo Primal and Neo Primal respectively.

There's another post somewhere on the forums that has the full list of characters... It might be kinda hard to find now because I posted it ages ago but if you're interested I'll try to find a link for you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Just make Blackarachnia some kind of cat instead of a spider. I hate spiders. Then, imagine the hilarity of her relationship with Silverbolt. Dogs and cats...living together...MASS HYSTERIA!!! Of course, she would have to be renamed Blackfelina or something. I’d be OK with that.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Call her Black Cat.

Wait...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Not really a recast, I just give Rhinox, Airazor, Waspinator, and Terrorsaur their Transmetals forms.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

Wouldn’t be the first time Transformers used the name of an other series character

8. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

As long as Rattrap or Quickstrike aren't in it, I'll be happy. Both were Jerks with extremely annoying voices.

I'd like to see Terrorsaur with Fractyl, Hydra and Lazorbeak as Beast Wars Seekers.

Predacons

Razorclaw
    Terrorsaur
    Lazorbeak
    Hydra
    Fractyl
    Iguanus
    Spittor
    Insecticon
    Scourge
    Icepick

Maximals

Silverbolt
    Air Razor
    Razorbeast
    Optimus Minor
    Wolfgang

9. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

I always liked that the beast modes we got as the stars of the show where a bit different to what you might call your standard line-up of animals like a Lion, elephant, giraffe, shark an eagle might be more what you'd expect.

Those "A list" animals are already alt modes for existing characters so based on that shallow reason Prowl, Ironhide, Silverbolt, Lonckrack and Skybyte make the show.

Then the rest of the cast would be made up of the toys that I found intriguing and always wondered if they'd appear on the show. Iguanus, Polar Claw, Transquito, Spittor, Sky Shadow, Insecticon and Snapper.

10. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

So in case anyone was curious about the full cast list... here's the thread I mentioned earlier...

Beast Wars: Mutants