rebirth post Rebirth - the end of G1

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Funky Munky, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe

News Credits:
    So those Madman DVDs were post Rebirth?
    And to think I only discovered these when searching for M.A.S.K. - Trailer .
    So why were these Trans-eppies culled from the U.S.? The only rumor I heard was that parents complained the show was too violent and that's why the plug was pulled from the U.S. television. Wasn't "Nightbird" the last show to be aired that last Friday?

2. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I assume you're talking about the Headmasters series??

If so, then those are Japanese episodes. They don't include the Rebirth three parter, and in fact their continuity diverges quite radically from it. From what I understand, the American writers were aware that the American cartoon was about to sing its swan song, and they were told that it would end in a five part series (so as to pack as many new toy products as possible in before the plug was pulled.) This was eventually cut back to three.

The Japanese animators and storytellers chose to go a different story route, since they were not cancelling the cartoon there, and wouldn't for at least three more seasons.

It's sort of the same reason why the US and UK comics are different. Different needs = different continuities.

By the way, I don't think "Nightbird" would have been the last show to air. At least in my area, we got all the way through "Rebirth." I remember my best friend taping them for me.

3. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    The 3-part Re-Birth was in deed tha last eps to air in the US

4. Funky Munky

Funky Munky G.I. Formers & Trans-Joe

News Credits:
    Not for Oregon.

That fateful last week of TV:

Rebirth was Monday - Wednesday.
    Thursday was that Krimzeek show.
    Friday was Nightbird.

The following Monday, the show no longer aired (can't remember if Galaxy Rangers took TF's place or not.)
    Speaking of which, the second half releases the 19th: Adventures Of The Galaxy Rangers - The Collection Vol. 2 DVD Movie .

ETA: Solo, She-Ra rules!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2008
  5. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    I forgot - it was syndicated which means every network could have showed eps in whatever order they wanted really. In Illinois rebirth parts 1-3 were the last ones shown though

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The real simple answer is....because none of the Japanese G1 shows were ever brought to U.S. tv.

The original Transformers cartoon was not a Japanese show that was brought here and dubbed into English.

It was an American produced cartoon that was written in the U.S., the animation was contracted to studio's in Japan, shipped back to the U.S., edited together as an episode and then shipped back to Japan and other countries for Dubbing into their language.

Headmasters and the 2 follow up shows were made in Japan.

When Takara didnt agree with Hasbro/Marvel on its idea for The Headmasters "The Rebirth" they decided to created their own show based on their concept of what a Headmaster should be.

Takara didnt like the idea of Robots with human partners for its TF market.Japan tv has long been "flooded" with tv shows that featured Transforming Robots that were piloted by humans and Takara felt that "The rebirth" wouldnt sit well with Japan's TF fanbase.

Ironically they fell back on the idea of human pilots for TF's in Tf Masterforce.

7. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I heard that The US had material ready to go but it got destroyed in a fire incident.

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

What do you mean?????

The U.S. aired it's version of Headmasters.

9. Jason Blue Boost

Jason Blue Boost Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Your correct about Illinois. I still have Rebirth recorded on my vhs tapes when it aired.

10. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

You really shouldn't believe everything you hear.

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The existence of post-Rebirth episodes of the G1 cartoon is nothing but an urban legend.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree, sounds like something that started at alt.toys.transformers or some similar newsgroup.