Rebirth may have a poor story but it does have good action, lines and voice acting

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Bass X0, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I certainly think those were some of the more lame parts. I remember watching The Rebirth at a friend's house and they were doing the roll call to Optimus when he arrived on Nebulos. My friend's sister who was sat reading in the room with us and a couple of years younger than us suddenly commented: 'What a load of shit you're watching". Unfortunately even I couldn't disagree with that assessment at that part of the show.

But I still enjoyed other parts. I liked seeing the new characters and I liked when the 'Masters process was in full swing, as silly as the idea of throwing away your big gun so it can transform into a little man so he can fire his tiny gun is. Seeing Fort Max and Cerebros transforming together was really cool, especially as I wasn't going to encounter the Japanese Headmasters cartoon for around another fifteen or so years.

I think for me the good and the bad balance out and in the end it winds up okay. I could happily sit and watch The Rebirth right now, even though I know it's fairly poor in places.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Never saw B.O.T, but i did like City of Steel and Autobot Run more. the only thing worse is Carnage in C-Minor.

3. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    You should watch BOT. If only to make fun of it

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I might at some point.....I do like Swindle.

5. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

I absorbed it fine back then, but now I see they should have made it a 5 parter.

I thought Carnage in C-Minor was.

Rebirth had some great characters like Hardhead, who's easily an early prototype of today's Bulkhead. Mindwipe, as scorpio-prime has already described. Triggerhappy, easiest the most fun and dangerous Decepticon that they can have, sad that they never did his character as they described in the bio. With Cybertron being revived, it helps eliminate "energy seeking for Cybertron eps", which plagued season 1 and 2; they came close with that generator in Dweller in the Depths though.

From a universe building point of view, with Cybertron fully charged, Earth and Nebulos as allies and resource sharing, the Autobots are now clearly dominant. Now imagine what they could have done for the Decepticons in season 4 to tear it down?

Granted, there are many bad eps in G1, but each have their own highlights. Example, Decepticons in King Arthur's Court was bad. But there were a few great moments in the ep, like Ramjet headbutting a man on a horse, and the ending with Starscream and Megatron.

I kinda liked B.O.T., mostly because it gave Swindle a chance to shine. It wasn't a great episode, but how often is a Decepticon a main character in an ep?

I believe the next time they gave a combiner limb an episode was First Aid in The Ultimate Weapon.

6. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The problem is as follows:

The Rebirth - a short toy commercial that mostly stays true to the source material and for the most part has characters we know and love.

Headmasters - a long, drawn out series that is frankly boring at times. Any characters from the previous series are either killed off or written out as irrelevant. Wildly different to any previous cartoon we'd seen.

7. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would have to agree with this.

8. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I liked it, it probably would have been considered great if they'd had a few more episodes to play around with or even a full season.

9. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

The only thing I didn't like about The Rebirth - aside from Brainstorm's cheesy voice and AKOM's renowned shitty animation - was that the events were totally ignored in the Japanese Headmasters continuity. I think The Rebirth should've been part of Headmasters storyline, with the American series ending after The Return of Optimus Prime Part 2.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  10. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

they should put back story of headmasters
    i like japanese version of fort maxiums

11. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

But it's basically Sideswipe sounding all smart and stuff...

:p 

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Basically what I was gonna say.

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

Ugh...if I picture his faceplate wiggle in AKOM fashion again, I'm going to explode.

14. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    I quite like Rebirth just for the idea of Nebulans are Green People not look like Human for another world like *cough* Marvel Comics *cough*.

15. KikBlava

KikBlava Well-Known Member

I thought that The Rebirth was a better conclusion than The Headmasters. Sure Sixshot was a better character in The Headmasters, but I really liked Brainstorm in The Rebirth a lot more. And yes Daniel was in The Rebirth but he wasn't crying his eyes out like in The Headmasters. Then theres things like Ultra Magnus's weak death, Prime dying again only this time in vain, Rodimus leaving for no reason after Cybertron is blown up, Galvatron's incredibly weak death, need I go on? I would have preferred The Headmasters if it was about the adventures of these new Autobots and Decepticons without the old characters showing up to only retire.

The Rebirth may have had poor animation and a meh story and concept, but it made up with the voice actors performing their best for one last time. And it ended saying that the past 3 seasons before hand haven't been a complete waste of time, because if it was going to be a waste of time, we would know that with Cybertron being blown apart.

16. KaguyaHouraisan

KaguyaHouraisan TORANS-FORMAAAA!

My opinion about it is that fortress maximus is awesome.

17. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Disagree.

I love TF and everything about it, but as far as I'm concerned the US series only had 95 episodes and then went right into Headmasters from Japan.

18. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Rebirth was great.

19. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I LOVE it as exactly what it is, a toy-hawking 3 episode new-product cram-fest. The acrobatic lengths they go to to get all the product jammed in there while still trying to tell SOME kind of story, and while minimizing as many mousekateer role-calls as possible are as charming as they are ludicrous.

There are some legitimately good moments too, the Hot-Rod+Daniel/Blurr race at the begining leading to Brainstorm's...err brainstorm, felt very natural and unforced, great bit of foreshadowing.

Spike apologizing as he FORCES Cerebros to be a central player in war and destruction is, while not played to it's fullest advantage, a poignently constructed moment.

The HEAPS of corpses that the Constructicons are gathering as they feed the engines they've built on Cybertron is one of the more menacing "Oh damn, this war is brutal" moments we'd seen since the movie.

Over all, I'm much more of a J-Headmasters fan, but I'll toss on Rebirth for giggles once in a while, it's stupid, but earnest, and fun.

D/L

20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually agree and this goes really for a fair chunk of G1 it might have had some patchy animation and the occasional odd plot but the voice acting and one liners were bad ass.w