Customs: Reattaching peg? Need some suggestions!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by TedimusPrime, Dec 15, 2012.

1. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Full Time Toy Designer

Ok, please don't run away because this isn't a transformer
    I bought the riobone canti red- which is a PERFECT figure, except for the fact I broke the peg that his hands plug into.

It's like a revoltech joint without the clickyness, I'm not hoping to restore the function of the joint, but I am really interested in getting that peg reattached so that I can still exchange hands...

Help? methods? I've tried super glue and it does seem to hold... just not enough

2. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

I'm not sure how big the peg is but what I've used in the past was a tiny screw. I'd drill small holes (smaller than the screw, basically enough as a guide for the screw to go into straight) into both pieces - the peg and the original part. Then, screw the screw halfway into one, cut the screw head off and screw the it on to the other half. That plus super glue should hold pretty tight. Though, if the break was at an angle, you'd need to be careful when you're screwing them together to make sure it lines up right.

I'm not sure if there are any better solutions people have but good luck with it!

3. thunderbat16

thunderbat16 scout sniper

crazy glue one drop to set then small amount around attaching area allow to sit for 1 to 2 days before working with it will take alot to break it after and can be sanded on