REALLY tired of waiting.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sideswipe3963, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Sideswipe3963

Sideswipe3963 Warrior

Does it always take so long in between waves? I'm dying for a deluxe Lockdown and at least a Stinger announcement. Heck, will we not get wave 3 till Christmas? Why is it such a long wait?

2. slochmoeller

slochmoeller Well-Known Member

Nothing unusual. The first big push at the start of the line, then the slow wind down, waiting for new waves. natural as the tides.

Interestingly, Hasbro seems to be dropping AoE pretty fast, as after the lockdown wave looks like focus will shift back to classics this fall, with Windblade, Chromia, Arcee and Jet fire hitting midway through quarter three, and the very real possibilities of Brainstorm, Megatron and Optimus Prime by the end of the year. AoE meanwhile seems to be shifting over to the various platinum sets, a handful of the simplified line yet to roll out, (like the big one step bumblebee) then that will be all she wrote.

3. JCthegreat

JCthegreat Star Seeker

News Credits:
    Well, its been several months since the last wave of deluxes hit retail in the generations line and we still haven't seen the next wave. So, yes its the norm. pretty much. Usually movie lines don't take as long though because who would want to buy toys from a summer movie blockbuster in wintertime. Of course AOE toys probably will still linger on shelves till then...

edit: slochmoeller Voyager Optimus won't be until 2015 (according to Hasbro) but yes about Brainstorm and maybe even Megs.

4. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    ... You, I suspect, have never collected GI Joes, much less those associated with the movies.

5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I highly doubt they will make a Stinger.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me, it's waiting for the TakaraTomy versions or more 'show accurate' characters. In the past, I won't be mind but lately, the paint differences between Hasbro and TT versions can be quite vast IMO.

7. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    who is decepticon A then?

that's the listing on BBTS....

8. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

They probably will. Otherwise the entire AOE toyline will only have two Decepticons, and 15 Autobots. LOL!

9. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

It seems Hasbro always ment for aoe to be a small line. With the last two movies you could find waves one and two both at launch but not so this time seems it was only made for 3 or 4 waves with each one spread apart so that the last wave will hit or at least be easier to find by Christmas. With the aoe line under performing I wouldn't be surprised if they outright cancel the last wave like they did dotm. We might never get a stinger and Lockdown might wind up being a luck of the draw finding it.

10. flik68

flik68 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    anyone know if there is a thread for upcoming releases.=? I cant seem to find anything.

11. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think we'll see Lockdown, Bumblebee and the upcoming "offscreen" figures. I don't think we'll be seeing a Deluxe Class Stinger. With the line just not selling, stores not ordering (who can blame them?) and the line already smaller than it is, I can see them canceling the line again, like they did with DOTM.

I'm not sure, but I think America has fallen out of love with Transformers, honestly. Looks like it's going to be the Leadfoot fiasco all over again.

12. BidoofdudeofOz

BidoofdudeofOz The Stench of Discovery

I REALLY want a Stinger. Even though he had no dialogue, I love him for some reason.

13. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think I can almost guarantee a Red BB repaint called Stinger.

14. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I dunno. Look at the pink 'Bumblebee' in DotM. Supposedly a no-brainer Bumblebee toy repaint many people actually wanted for once. And yet, nowt.
    I honestly can't fathom Hasbro these days. They'll repaint Bumblebee out the arse into all manner of yellow and black variations, but the one repaint that's featured on-screen and actually makes sense and they don't do it (unless I somehow missed it).

Then again, you did say 'almost guarantee', so you did sneakily leave yourself an 'out' if a Stinger repaint never happens. :thumb 

15. Rev

Rev Well-Known Member

Welcome to toy collecting, OP.

16. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    It's funny, just yesterday I was making the rounds and thought to myself "do these guys order their entire years stock out of the first wave?" :lol 

17. Sideswipe3963

Sideswipe3963 Warrior

No I haven't. I'm new to all this wave stuff, considering I'm not a avid collector. What really bothers me is the whole wave 2.5 thing. Which I think everyone can agree on. If they were to make a Stinger, I'd hope he transformed into a Pagani like he should and had his helmet. Considering we hardly, if at all, see him without it. Also it has the green highlight vision things, so those two factors really define the character. I'd rather him actually have the helmet as his head, than no helmet at all. I'm not wasting my money on just a literal repainted BB.

18. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    There's something odd going on with Stinger. Although he's an obvious Deluxe Bumblebee repaint, they haven't done it, while all his Legends toys are ill-fitting repaints of Prime Knockout and ROTF Sideways. Then there's the incoming ROTF Deluxe Sideswipe redeco... It's weird.

What Bumblebee redecoes have there been as Stinger? The only ones I can think of are the One Step and Constructbot Dinobot Rider,

Stinger is a heavily featured and advertised character (Not sure if its the same in US, but here nearly every toy section of every store has big BB VS Stinger artwork), while the pink Bumblebee was on-screen for five seconds and was pink, which is something Hasbro hate so I don't think its a fair comparison.

19. Sideswipe3963

Sideswipe3963 Warrior

Maybe Hasbro is trying to get better terms of use, or whatever, from Pagani. But then again, the flip and change is, rightfully, the Pagani. So Idk.

20. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

The One-Step Stinger is an entirely different mold from BB.

I'm hoping that the Deluxe figure, assuming we ever get it, isn't just a repaint. I want a Pagani.