Really the one thing pulled from Transformers Prime Why That?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by excelhedge, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 What to type here?

News Credits:
    Izabelle: "Kiss me Optimus, it's the only way to stop Quintessa!" 0_o

I'm not really sure how to feel about Earth=Unicron.

• Like Like x 1
  2. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reminds me of my MST riff:

Hopkins: "You want to know, don't you? Why they keep coming here?"

Me: Uh, limited budgets and poor screenwriting?

• Like Like x 4
  3. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

We already got the unicron plot

Big planet comes and smashes into earth.

Thats really all a traditonal unicron story ever amounts to.

Uncron being eath both explains why they keep coming here and gives more to work with in the sequel

• Like Like x 1
  4. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like Transformers Prime and I liked what they did with Unicron, but I hate how this movie and probably it's sequels are gonna f**k it all up, these movies don't have a original idea in their heads!

5. FlamingBolt

FlamingBolt Well-Known Member

They could've switched it around and make Primus Earth instead, explaining why the Allspark crashed to Earth and attracted all these transformers. They could make Quintessa an agent of Unicron which is why she was hellbent on destroying Earth

• Like Like x 6
  6. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    But even then... why? Is Unicron broadcasting a giant advertisement to every Transformer in space saying, "Come to Earth now! It is a thriving Transformer safe haven where nothing can kill you anymore! Please come asap!"

7. Chris James

Chris James Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His name was dropped by Quintessa in a scene with Prime early on.

I don't really like this direction they're going with for Unicron. Yeah it's a way to tie the movies together but I'd prefer Unicorn be his own force and not have been a dormant planet for god knows how long.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Except when they do then its

Why isnt it like the cartoooooooon

• Like Like x 1
  9. FirestormBlizzard

FirestormBlizzard No. 1 Jazz Fan

People are all over the "Megatron has a new body ERMERGERD" bullshit. For all we know, that's just a damn shell.

I bet you the smartass bastard still has that translucent hole in his chest, which is currently covered up.

I mean, he could've just thought Galvatron's design was bad and so he wanted a change. Doesn't mean he has a new body lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Actually, the name was dropped in the middle of the film. Once it was said by Quintessa to Optimus, where Optimus replies "Unicron? He is history's oldest rival of Cybertron". And then again by Sir Edmund Burton when he showed an artistic rendering of Unicron as Earth to Cade.

11. APB

APB Well-Known Member

No, but they should explain the major points that they set up last movie if they want this TCU thing to work.

Otherwise they are just pulling Megatron out of their a*s left and right.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Sounds like one of those 'The floor is lava' memes.

A picture of the Autobots hanging from the wall with the blurb:

'The Earth is Unicron'

• Like Like x 1
  13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's honestly among the more interesting ideas to come out of TLK since honestly I think that's honestly the best direction they can take with him because I just can't see them going with a G1 route given how they'll try to make that possible in live action given the massive budget they need to pull. It would make the budget that was used to make Devastator look small and would fry their computers even more. But with them going the TFP route they can use that to help make Unicron more possible to work with in the movie universe and like we've seen in TFP he can make forms out of any substances like stone or buildings even and it would play into the more magical aspects of the movie universe like what they've shown with Quintessa who she herself seems a little more magical then we thought.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

I thought it was cool that they took a note from Aligned for Unicron. Now we know what the following sequels will be about.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starting to think Quintessa doesnt want to destroy Unicron. She said she wanted the staff to drain Unicron's lifeforce and use it to revive Cybertron...but in reality, she may just be transfering Unicron's spark to Cybertron's?

16. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Heres the thing it would be the galactus fantastic four thing if they decided to his regular version

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    You say that, but like half the Earth was raked by Cybertron like it was a cosmic herb garden. The planet's been fucked up on a global scale, no denying it. Millions dead already.

And Cybertron's now in Earth orbit (fuck you physics, actually TLK basically says physics just don't work in this universe, with a physicist literally distraught over the impossibility of it all) maybe Unicron will, I dunno, body-swap to Cybertron? Transform but somehow maintain land masses over his body Cybertron Primus-style? Gravity certainly isn't an issue.

The reason Unicron didn't work in Prime was because Unicron had "decomposed" into Earth's mantle. He wasn't even capable of transforming or doing anything besides making rock monsters. Much like how you know the good guys will always win, but watch anyway to see how they do, you know Unicron's never going to transform or at least not destroy Earth, but it's still kinda interesting to see how the Autobots will prevent it.

The concept of Unicron as Earth was always one I liked, but much the same way as Prime's 'all the Wreckers are DEAD, all the Autobots are DEEEAAAD' pointlessly set in stone a likely inevitability, it removed any tension the development had by outright stating, to start, that Unicron would never actually transform again. Here, Unicron's already transforming, slowly, and may even transform moreso in the future. We don't know, which is better than Prime did.

• Like Like x 1
  18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    ^^I think what Prime was really going for with Unicron was trying to play into his demonic god aspect which is have him use more supernatural means to achieve his goals. Like how in other TF stories he wasn't always presented a planet former whereas in TLK they're clearly going for their take of the G1 planet former version with using the TFP idea as a basis so I don't think one or the other is done either better or worse then the other. They're just going for two different takes despite having the same basic concept.

19. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

What are you talking about? His name was first mentioned when Quintessa was giving orders to Optimus.

20. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I once drafted some fanfiction about that. Basically the idea behind that was that Unicron's assault's would begin with him being teleported from the inside of the Earth to the Atmosphere gradually. He'd essentially be in two places at once with the still-in-planet-mode part of him inside the Earth gradually getting less solid while outside the earth he'd transform into bot mode and gradually go from ghost-like intangibility to more solid. The idea would be that he'd be defeated/killed before the process is complete and to prevent the Earth from total collapse the Autobots elect to reverse the process by sacrificing the dead Cybertron to fill the void left by Unicron.

I wouldn't mind it much if they ripped off my idea. Apart from missing out on the royalties, that is.

Dangit, I'm not as original as I thought...