Realistically, what are our chances for a sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jul 30, 2010.

1. billcosby

billcosby Just Another Geewunner

News Credits:
    T.H.I.S.

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Yes because the people who do the interviews are the sole people making the game and thus the company as a whole are incapable of doing two things at once.

The guys you see in the interviews are not the ones who would do bug fixes (most of the time).

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    So would war for cybertron 2 just be the millenia rule of shockwaves army versus the Autobots who stayed to protect their home.

I like your idea about taking the battle to cybertrons two moons.

Just to be super nerdy and make a correction. Cybertron has a Sun. You can even look at it clearly in the campaigns first decepticon mission when your out on the station wreckage.

Their suns name is "Hadeen"

With batman Arkam City possibly being the new open world direction for that popular franchise game. I think war for cybertron 2 should have the Autobots and Decepticons fighting the invading quintessons. Or at least wageing a larger war across cybertron and other planets like Junkion, Gigantian, Velocitron, or Nebulos.

4. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Tieger says he wouldn't want to leave cybertron. Even going back in time before War For Cybertron's timeline.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I wouldnt mind a sequel to this, but I rather change the two factions next time. I'd prefer a future battle for the planet. Say having Maximals and Predacons fighting a war on the planet.

Though I doubt this would happen.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for saying this, lol.

"Ok guys, we're going to take a couple of days off from production... Testers, you guys can go home. Dan's doing an interview today."

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Wouldn't it make sense for the sequel to be a Transformers: Prime based game?

8. Vormund

Vormund Member

This is pretty much what I was thinking. Most of the civilian bots are leaving or have left (guess the headmasters are among them ;)  ) and they are trying to construct a ship on a planet that is shutting down. So there will be a fight for energy as well to power the Ark.

If the game series continues though it would inevitably have to take place on earth at some point....both fighting to get back to Cybertron. Maybe WfC2 could have the last couple of levels on earth.

btw I want to see Dynobots. :D 

9. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

End of WFC 2 would be before the Ark Launches or once they crash on earth IMO.

In the first episode Bumblebee and Wheeljack were getting supplies for the ark. it would make sense to find a way to tie in with the beginning without actually crossing into it. (your telling me cybertron's jets suddenly became pyramids?)

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the way you think, but the triangular shape of the seekers was taken into consideration in the designs for War For Cybertron; in fact, looking at them from the back gives you that pyramid shape.

I myself wouldn’t mind the story remaining on Cybertron, an alien world (not Earth), Space or Earth. Just get me WFC2 already!:) 

11. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

Except Jetfire...

Looking at jetfire from behind and in general makes me want to vomit :D 

Hate mail incoming! :D 

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don’t know if any still care or not, but VG Chartz says nearly half a million copies have been sold on PS3 and XBOX 360 combined worldwide (425,713)—PC sells are nowhere to be found.

Six weeks of sales has a pretty impressive number for a game from a company not well known or a game many didn’t expect much from. I don’t know if this game will crack a million copies sold or not, but surely the numbers it has and will have in the coming weeks will be enough to warrant a sequel.

I don’t know how advertising for this game is going for this game, but they seem to be dead. If they improve the online issues (the ones that can be fixed), word of mouth would help this game a bit more. More advertising may help too, if it has stopped.

I figure there’ll be another spike in sales (maybe a blip, really) when it releases in countries that have yet received like Japan).

13. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

my guess is most likely it'll be a newer game centered around a different place & time line. perhaps it'll be a newer generations type video game. TF prime video game or TF3 video game.

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Flip a coin. If it hasn't done at least half a million by now I'd err towards a big fat no.