Realistically, what are our chances for a sequel?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    some space based missions would be good and being tasked with invading and taking out ships or attempting to find planets to inhabit/conquer whilst trying to stay ahead of the opposition.

Maybe have something about most ships having departed but the ark remains to be launched, the decepticon campaign deals with trying to stop the launch through sabotaging supply lines, attacking the site, stealing materials for their own ship whilst the autobot campaign starts after the decepticons successfully stop the launch leaving the ship inoperable so the autobots...

you known if they do make a sequel I think it would be better than anything we've thought up, there is stuff to make a second game about but I'm sure High Moon already have some ideas

either way I'm still annoyed that there is no offline or lan multiplayer support for the game, pisses me off no end not being able to play with a friend who's sat inthe room with me without shelling out for another copy of the game and xbox live

2. Soundwave4win

Soundwave4win Escalation Connoisseur

Good.

Star wars the force unleashed, Batman: Arkham asylum and Infamous are all getting the sequel treatment.
    even though WFC didn't sell millions I imagine the game put a dent into the cost of making it. If they have a possibility of refining the game, making it more playable for everyone and fixing many issues *Cough* Cover mechanic *Cough* it could easily get a sequel that will garner even more fans.

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    NO COVER MECHANIC!

I don't need one and I don't want one. It doesn't fit the IP either.

Seriously I don't know why people are obsessed with this game mechanic. It makes sense for some games but not others. Gears of War, sure have it. I can see the value there.

Transformers... I can change into an armored tank. Why do I need to take cover behind thin metal crates?

4. Soundwave4win

If you've played the campaign you've seen them actually use a cover mechanic. (Bumblebee ducking behind a crate, Brawl crouching behind a steel crane) I'm just saying standing behind cover and shooting around it looks silly. You don't really need to have a *press this button to roll to cover* deal. I just think if you're going to get behind something make it look like they're actually trying.

(it's more of a cosmetic issue than an actual gameplay issue)

If I remember correctly the original Transformers did fire at each other Revolutionary war style but i'm pretty sure they used cover too.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...so you fought Trypticon and Omega Supreme out in the open, huh? Dodging their missile with untold speed and accuracy, huh? :bowdown:  You, sir, are the man! I took cover wherever I could find it.

I wouldn't mind having—I want it actually—the ability to toggle aim from your right shoulder to left and back again. I hate walking into a firefight not being able to see the actual situation. I also don't like being able to walk of ledges, bouncing off characters, having my target blocked by teammates trying to help me out or sticking to the environment. Tweaking the mechanics wouldn't be all that bad.

6. Soundwave4win

*Remembers Omega Supreme boss fight*

O_____O

DUDE.... even with my healing ray, sentry and barrier. my teammates got MURDERED by that thing. I can't tell you how many times I nearly got hit by Omega's arm cannon on hard. BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM.
    and my screaming like a teenage girl boosting as a truck and using ram to get back behind cover when the shots just tore the place apart.

7. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

Omega fight and Trypt fight were massive..........ho-ly snikees

8. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Either way I bet a sequel will rock, I mean with all the feedback from this game... I'm stoked, hope they make one. I'll continue to support this game until they stop making DLC.

9. 009*

009* That Guy... Somewhere

News Credits:
    If there is a sequel, do you think some of the MP features, like the ability boosters, will be added to the Single Player game?

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i want a ship battle where decepticons board the ship and you got to fight them off

that would be a childhood dream come true

11. ToddJumper

ToddJumper Toddimus

Ebay:
    Well the sequel can not take place on Cybertron for much of the story, remember the core of the planet / primus was corrupted by the dark energon and shut itself down, basically the planet is dying and can not sustain life -- storywise everyone left the planet and cybertron began "waking up" again at the same time the autobots were coming out of stasis lock on earth.

12. Soundwave4win

intro fight on the ark? They'd have to be G1 bodies to make sense O__o which if they were that'd be awesome!

(Watch the fight on the ark in episode 1 Soundwave fought like 3 autobots without his tapes)

13. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love that as a level. Truly epic!

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Personally I want the sequel to remain on Cybertron. There is an entire planet there that I want to explore. Plus game play would have to be slightly different on Earth so people wouldn't get the same basic stuff that they'd expect.

And I doubt we'll ever see half the game on Cybertron half on Earth because then you would have to have twice the number of models for each character meaning there would be twice the work, and likely half the characters to make it doable.

I feel there is plenty of room for stories on Cybertron with more freedom than an Earth based game.

But I know a bunch of people want them to come here so I wouldn't be too upset if the final level in the game is the Ark crashing.

15. King Henrik

King Henrik Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    i agree with this. hopefully theyll let high moon start working on a sequel rather than have them make the next movie game.

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    um why? they could be cybertron modes before they crash....

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I'm torn on that concept.
    If High Moon worked on the next movie game then the War For Cybertron Sequel will be delayed or circumvented -but if they work on the next movie game, then the movie game might actually be good.

18. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    If a game doesn't have enough of a following, they aren't going to release DLC. It was never a given... they may have starting working on it, but they didn't say anything official about it for a reason... Depending on sales, Activision may or may not have chosen to release it.

I hope High Moon DOES NOT work on the movie game. That means they have a little under a year to work on and complete it. I'd rather they work on a true WFC sequel which they can take the next 2 years on, and let someone else make another movie game.

19. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    If we do get a sequel, I hope they spend more time actually testing it than giving interviews and talking about how groundbreaking they are.

20. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

the more I think about it, the more I want a non-earth/ non-human element to the hoped for follow-up.

a Sunless world with a corrupt core doesn't have to mean an instantly dead planet. Why not a dying planet?

Sort of like a system shutdown, all running programs begin to shut down and write themselves to the BIOS etc.

Why can't the factions battle in the void of space, nearby moons etc?

Why not keep the techno-organic concept, it adds to the alien perception and concept.