Real men open their packages

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OmegaDead, Mar 21, 2008.

1. butz

butz slippery when wet

Some people like to play with the package. Some people even like to play with another person's package.

2. Petro-rabbit

Petro-rabbit Why so serious?

I take all my tf's out of the box's...Except for the takara reissue one's because I love the box art...But yeah the guys right why buy a toy and not play with it.
    And most tf's come as there alt mode in the box, when I buy a transformer I'm buying it cause its a kick ass robot!

3. spyderbytez

spyderbytez ALTERNATOR FANATIC TFW2005 Supporter

Ima MISB'er but im also an Open'er too... thats why I buy 1 to open.. and 10 more to keep in MISB.... That way.. if I feel like opening a fresh 2003 MISB TF in 2022.. I have plenty of them to do it.. lol.. or sell them later if I give it up or need $$$ for emergency... MISB can be an alternative savings account :) 

4. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hello. welcome to the wonderful world of toy collecting and discussion board posting.

real men don't take guff from strangers and will do anything we damn want.

have a nice day.

p.s. if there are more negative than positive response to your 'joke' it is highly possible that you are not very good at being funny, you might want to consider a career change.

5. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

95% of my figures have been opened and displayed. The only MISB stuff that I have are duplicates, purchased only if I really like a certain figure.

6. GladiatorPrime

GladiatorPrime working on Rampage P2-V2

I have some in the box.
    and I open most of them...You really can't display them properly in the box, but hey...thats just my opinion!

7. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    They consume my entertainment budget. That's why their opened. its fun.

8. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I endorse this comment

9. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Real men coddle their package, caring for it and doting on it until it's fit to burst open.

Then, the choice is made. Oh, how the choice is made.

Mmmmmm.

10. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope...Blue Meanie is a real-life tough guy, which occasionally shines through his wimpy internet facade. :) 

-Tony!
    Wonders what real women do with their TFs.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some people just like that toy store look. I personally open all my stuff, but I can certainly understand why some people go MISB. I think it is ignorant to assume every MISB collector only collects to make money. What a person does with there collection is their decision, they paid for it, not you.

12. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To each his own :) .

Btw i open most of my stuffs & only keep the box if it looks appealing enough to me.(mostly Takara boxes,whom imo have better quality graphics artwise)

13. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not a MISB guymyself since there are things a zillion things in life more important than TFs, but that might also be because I haven't devoted my life to this thing. That said, I only keep boxes if I need to store the extra parts of TFs, like with MPs and giftsets.

14. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like what you posted! May he who dies with the MOST toys win! Hahaha! For me MISB is a none issue because I buy only stuff that I like. If I haven't open them - its because of the lack of time! :D 

15. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

i also agree with the poster they are toys not that i have an issue with MISB collectors but still their toys like if you get a japanese tf i could see why you would want to keep them in their packages but of course i am not a man because im a teen so of course i open them and yes i play with them but thats my way of enjoying them MISB collectors enjoy them in the box so theirs nothing wrong with MISB collectors they just enjoy there tfs in the box my friend on this site newguy he keeps the box or bubble card and sometimes plays with them and sometimes when hes done playing with them he puts them back in the box i dont because usually i buy a tf and once im in the car package goes bye bye so now ending the longest post of my life

16. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    The only toy I regret not keeping MISB was a McFarlane toy, but considering those things are just glorified statues anyway, there's not much point in taking those things out of the packaging...seeing they have fixed poses and the articulation is useless because there's like only one position where they do not look stupid.

17. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

, . ! ? ' a A

18. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit Uncounted Outlier

News Credits:
    Real men learn to take anything said on the internets with a pound of salt. ;) 

19. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

I get so much joy from my MIB Vintage G1 figures. Every time I look them over it takes me back in an even more profound way than just loose figures do. I spent so much time while growing up studying these jems, only to throw out the boxes after getting the toys. Now I appreciate them to no end. So it's a little eritating for anyone to come out of the wood work and attack me (and others) for what I (we) like. To make general assumptions that we are only in it for the money, or we don't truely love toys... is just ignorant. If anything we love them so much we cann't bear to even harm the packaging they come in.

MIB= <3

[​IMG]

20. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    MIB or MISB?