ReAction Transformers Line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IceBearPrime, Mar 24, 2020.

1. IceBearPrime

IceBearPrime Well-Known Member

Sitting with these in my online cart during this current apocalypse. Wondering if I should pull the trigger. They aren't crazy expensive, but I feel they should be $10 a pop not $18. Wondering peoples thoughts on these?

2. Fenrir Zero

Fenrir Zero Permanently Retired (1984-2020)

The line is made for hobbyists more than just those who pick up action figures at Target or Walmart. In many cases AmiAmi in Akihabara is currently the only Japanese store (I have found so far) to offer the line. So in certain cases it is kind of like buying a smaller Volks doll instead of a Barbie doll. You're paying a premium for a better quality product.

As for me I was originally thinking about using the line to substitute any/all series 1 characters I might have wanted. Then it became the series 2 Dinobots. But I ended up deciding to skip it because the next two months will have me be dealing with AFA. So I need to curb my monthly spending on both that and my business goals once that opportunity arises.

3. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I picked up Optimus Prime with a gift card I won. It's not a bad display piece left sealed on card. The artwork on the card is pretty good and I like the figure itself but it's still a 5 point articulated figure.

If these were more available locally at say $10 a piece, I might pick up some more but at $18 a piece, that's just a little too much for what you're getting. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Driskull98

Driskull98 Icon by @DTDraws on Twitter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I'm generally not too bothered by the "non-transforming" merchandise released for this franchise. For instance, I'm super interested in picking up a few of those Furai model kits.

However for these...I genuinely cannot think of a reason to own them as they serve utterly no purpose in any way. ReAction figures are supposed to scale and stand with Kenner's old school toylines from the 70's and 80's. But Transformers characters already had toys back at that time that actually transformed and what not. So...why make these 5POA, 3.75" figures? If you want a nostalgic toy collection, just collect some of the G1 reissues from the past few years. They look much better standing with other ReAction figures.

I guess the only way I could see anyone picking one up would be if it was a favorite character to keep mint on card. But the whole assortment? Especially the secondary characters like Perceptor, Jetfire, Shrapnel, etc.? I think your money is better spent elsewhere.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Dachande

Dachande Very Hank. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yep, I have Shockwave pre-ordered, and he will be my only purchase from the line.

6. Fenrir Zero

And I am not bothered by those who are interested in purchasing any model kits even though I have no interest in collecting them myself. Because it is other people's money, other people's hobbies, and not my own.

Here is a thought to consider: Super 7 made these for adults whose hobbies either include or solely involve 5POA 3.75" action figures. Along with every other adult collector who have their own reasons to buy these. Be it one character or the entire cast. Just like how some here spend their money only collecting MISB and/or AFA pieces. Because in the end it is up to the individual adult on what their hobby is, what they want to collect, and how they want to collect. And since there are those you are not considering they are the reasons why Super 7 is making an effort to make animation accurate action figure versions of these characters.

My money goes where I want it to go, thank you very much. The same goes for others. So instead of getting into that I can only suggest that you worry about your own hobby. Because mine alone tends to be rebooted every year or so. :rolleyes: 

7. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Waiting for bite in sales thread.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Missed opportunity to call them ReAction Masters.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Fenrir Zero

Popcorn anybody? :popcorn 

Now let's talk about the facts that prove I am not the one feeling "butt-blasted" here:

- I responded to something that was said in a public forum ( and not a private Facebook group that you have created).
    - Nothing you said offended me because you have the right to be ignorant and/or confused as long as you are not attacking anybody/anything.
    - Nothing I said had me act offended with the reason being that I chose to be a respectful adult fan when I said those things to you.
    - Everything I said had me say that I respect how others collect, said something everybody should take into consideration when it comes to how others choose to collect, and ended with me poking fun at myself.

In other words the one who chose to be offended is the same person who used the word "butt-blast" in their reply. Because while I do respect your right to speak your mind, you need to remember that this is a public forum. Meaning that anything you here is public, not private. And for the record, I rewrote all of that just because I felt my original reply might be seen as offensive for whatever reason. Just like I chose to rewrite my response to you. Ironic, am I right?

And for the record, if you want to hear what offends me ask me about my "2012" and "2016" experiences when it comes to Transformers. I'll include a Star Wars event that is more recent for free. Because there is a difference between those examples and anything you have said. Otherwise remember that if you don't want people to respond to your posts, don't respond at all. And always know that if somebody mocked you for having an opinion they don't share I'll have your back.

Because the difference between us is that I make an effort to treat individual hobbyists and collectors as people worth knowing more about. ;) 

This. Simply this. If they even chose to promote them as a nod to that line I would have considered buying all of the Autobots. Maybe even Megatron. It's a shame they didn't, though.

9. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    I like them in package on a wall, removed from package they are underwhelming, and at 18$ a pop I was turned off enough to just getting one when I originally wanted the set to hang on a bedroom wall

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I think they look pretty slick (but again, I have been dabbling in Action Masters recently). But have to agree, $18 makes them less of a priority. Plus I have a box of kreons, a small tub of Robot Heroes, and a stack of Mighty Muggs that are all telling me to focus.........but I am trying to complete my G1 Decoy set.

• Like Like x 1
  11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    $18 is pretty steep for what they are. Just more of the price inflation that's put Nendo into the $70s and Mafex into the $90s. Makes most of Hasbro's offerings look like a bargain.

12. Makarov

Makarov Well-Known Member

I have the first wave and they're fun. I got a whole drawer full of reaction figures. My favorite is the terminator line so many options

13. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

I totally second this opinion. I actually really dig the aesthetic of these figures, but they seem insanely overpriced for what they are, and you can probably pick up gently-used Action Masters of most of the same characters for less money, while getting a more authentic “vintage” flavor out of the deal.

Yours seems like a pretty innocuous opinion. If you like ‘em, buy ‘em. If you don’t, don’t. I personally think they’re pretty cool, but not cost-of-a-marvel-legends cool. Sure hope nobody gets all butt-blasted about it!

• Like Like x 2
  14. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I'm passing on these.

However, if they make solid red Autobots and solid purple Decepticons as decoys, I'll snatch those up.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fenrir Zero

For the record I only get "butt-blasted" when I have gas and I cannot hold it in. :p 

But in all seriousness... This is a public forum on the internet. So just be glad that you are not collecting AFA graded ReAction Transformers. :lol 

That would be a pretty cool idea. Plus having them be sold as convention (and later online store) exclusives could help make them a slightly better topic.

Then again... The collection end of my budget is tied to all AFA fees. So even if they made the actual decoys, I cannot buy them. :lol 

16. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

If they makes these, I'll buy.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In stock

News Credits:
    Even at $18?

18. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Yes. As they are, they wouldn't add anything to my Transformers collection. But in solid red/purple, they would make nice updated decoys for my CHUG collection. I loved those decoys when I was a kid and had quite a few of them. That said, I would only buy ones that actually were made as decoys in the G1 line. So I wouldn't buy Alphatrion as a decoy, for example.

• Like Like x 2
  19. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can get almost all the same characters, with better articulation/paint/details, that actually transform, for as similar price.
    Unless you collect the line, or like the aesthetic, or don't give a rip about the other stuff mentioned...hard pass.