RE7: Biohazard

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mako Crab, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    New trailer released.

Eh... Eh... If it were any other horror game, I'd be fine with it. I think the end with the crazy family of yokels is reminiscent of Texas Chainsaw Masscre, but it's not something I exactly want in my Resident Evil. As someone who played all the way up to part 6 & enjoyed pretty much all of them, I'm not really feeling it with this one.

Thoughts?

2. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

I've seen cannibals in The Walking Dead so I won't say this is too out of the left field... plus Resident Evil was based on B horror movies so it's back to horror roots instead of another gun blazing action movie.

The demo was scary and that's what I want; a scary Resident Evil. I'm open to what the game is offering and I'm not going to hate it until I see the whole game.

3. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Totally in favour of this personally, they badly needed to go back to the drawing board after RE6 and the third person format is as tired now as the original style was circa Zero.

Plus RE2 remake is coming as well and there's nothing stopping them making another Revelations game since they are relatively cheap, so its not like there isn't going to be something for the folks that don't like this.

4. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Looks like I need to download the demo again.

5. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Meh.

I'm sorry, but I can't get behind this Texas Chainsaw Massacre stuff as 'Resident Evil 7'.
    If you called it something else, or even changed it up to be not a 'sequel' in the franchise, but as a side series like Revelations or Outbreak were, I would be a bit more intrigued, but as is... Not really interested...of course, I'm not a fan of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre crazy cannibalistic family stuff in movies anyway.

I mean...what is the connection this game has even to the older Resident Evil games? Even when they changed things with RE4, they still had connection to the previous games in it. This just feels like another game like Amnesia or Outlast or bigger version of the PT demo. Just too far removed from the franchise.

And I know some people will probably post "You need to accept change" and other things to my comments, but I'm just saying if you're going to call in Resident Evil 7, it shouldn't feel ENTIRELY like a new type of game with a familiar title tacked onto it. There should at least be some familiarity to it. Some connection. In Resident Evil 4, you had backstory of what happened to some things like Umbrella from the previous games, you had some heroes and villains from the previous games, some kind of monsters similar to ones in the older games. Stuff that made you realize this was indeed a sequel game in the franchise.

This? This is "Resident Evil: Outlast". Heck, Outlast II and this are looking very similar to each other.

Just stating my opinion. Not everyone will agree with it. Just saying what I think on the game.

6. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It does seem like a big variance from previous games and storylines, but at this point, after having sat through the trainwreck that was RE6 and it's gawdawful predecessor Raccoon City, I'm ready for something new.

7. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I actually feel a little better about this after seeing the game, it does feel more akin to when RE 4 switched it up again which is not a bad thing. Change is good but the demo felt to PT to me this while mostly just a cut scene has me intrigued. I'm not gonna go leaping into this till I see a bit more in game play (I feel it be to much exploring, not enough shooting I know that sounds kind of dumb based on last games but I felt the first 4 had a nice balance of explore and fighting) But I feel a tad better about this than before

And as rabid said, if it ain't great we at least have an re 2 remake coming

8. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

My thoughts, pretty much. They threw the baby out with the bath water and filled the tub back up with things that everyone identifies from other currently trending horror media.

RE4, despite being a huge departure, still had storylines and characters continuing on with it and the movement controls were nearly identical to the old games. All that changed was the over the shoulder camera angle and the combat adjustments made with that in mind. And the evolution to RE5 and RE6 is natural to see, regardless of how they turned out.

This? Just a mishmash of other horror games with a franchise name slapped on it. Still could turn out to be solid but at the moment it lacks any sort of identity beyond its title.

9. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

I think the developers said there will be classic Resident Evil stuff in the game, but they're holding back on it for now in the lead up to release.

10. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've got to download the additions to the demo that came out today. I'm super excited because they finally dropped the Michael Bay Orgasm and are going to make RE a survival horror game again. It's still hard to believe we're getting a REAL Resident Evil game again.

11. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Well be glad because in the demo there was a hint of Umbrella involvement so it's not really without connections to previous games.

12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Not to mention the family is more than just a family. The trailer had the father walking out of a burning car, on fire, coming at you.

13. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:

14. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh boy, I'm working through the Resident Evil series with my friends on our channel now. I'm a long time fan, they have never played them before. My friend Hannah is a big wuss, and I can't wait until we get our way to RE7 and I put that VR headset on her.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Prime Wylde

Prime Wylde Candy Coated

News Credits:
    As many have said it feels like TCM or Hills have eyes the game. it's fun, but complexity wise it feels fairly simple. But I nabbed it for 20 bucks so still a good day.

I'm looking forward to the remake of two on my playlist more. As a fan sine the original it just feels more like going home. Now if we can just get a good silent hill...

16. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    I couldn't resist. ;) 
    [​IMG]

17. Prime Wylde

Prime Wylde Candy Coated

News Credits:
    Didn't even have to pull my A-K. Cause the game gives me SLAG FOR AMMO.

18. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I was thinking about picking this up with my love for RE reignited, but I watched someone play through the first hour on YouTube and decided it wasn't for me. The dude spent like 10 minutes being chased by this lady with a chainsaw just going around and around through 2 rooms and a hallway and it got pretty boring.

I'm not a big fan of southern comfort horror as it is, so this game just doesn't do anything for me. I am glad to see Capcom tried to do something new though.

19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    The player probably didn't really know what they were doing or what they were supposed to do. Trust me, it's really fun once you start playing. The DLC content and story involving Chris is great too.

20. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nah, he clearly knew what he was doing as he hardly spent any time searching for anything. He pretty much just kept going from one point to the next, grabbing what he needed and heading to do that.

Why would Chris be there though? This has nothing to do with Umbrella.