Re: These AoE Platinum Box sets... why not one for the (few) villains

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JasonPrime, Aug 15, 2014.

1. JasonPrime

JasonPrime Well-Known Member

It's interesting to me how many of these platinum edition sets Hasbro is releasing. All Autobots/Dinobots so far if I'm not mistaken. But I'm thinking why not one for the bad guys. I mean really there aren't even that many villains really in the movie. Well named villains I mean. I don't know if it would sell maybe Hasbro has already considered it. But in my mind what I'm picturing if it were up to me.

Voyager Galvatron with a premium paint job. When I initially saw pics of the figure I was disappointed but when I got him in hand he is pretty amazing in my opinion. A lot of amazing sculpted detail that just doesn't 'pop' because of the lack of paint apps (I think, I'm not an expert but I've seen customizers make him look amazing).

Stinger (if we're ever going to get him).

And of course Lockdown with a premium paint job his gun face and perhaps some more accessories as well. Like maybe a hook hand and maybe even a robo wolf or two.

And finally perhaps repurpose an existing mold as one of Lockdown's crew?

All packaged in a nice Platinum edition box with a background in the packaging that looks like Mr. 'Down's ship.

Anyway, that I think would be pretty awesome.

Thoughts?

2. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wholeheartedly agree. There were only two (three, if you count Stinger, but he didn't even talk) villains in the entire movie, one of which did nothing but forward the plot.

On the topic of reusing an old mold to make a Vehicon, there are quite a few "generic" Transformers from the first movie's toyline, many of which are still pretty enjoyable.

3. EMP Starscream

EMP Starscream Arbiter of TFW2K5

News Credits:
    Yes.

Three Pack: Voyager Galvatron, Deluxe Lockdown, Deluxe Stinger.

Stinger Fan Boys would lap it up hard.

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'd like to see some sets that either have

1. A moive accurate repainted Galvatron with Stinger as a retooled 2014 Bumblbee with new head along with three Movie 1 drones repainted as KSI robots.

2. Lockdown's crew with a Lockdown that's painted in movie accurate colours with Cybertron Snarl repainted as one of the alien dogs and a member of Lockdown's crew by using a PRD Vehicn mold.

5. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

^ Dis. I'd really enjoy that, actually.

6. zachprime86

zachprime86 AKA Launch Pad Destroyer

Remember sideways from ROTF he looked like a Audi R8 but he didn't have the logo I want stinger to be like that if they couldn't get the license from Pagani.

But I would prefer a new mold for one of Lockdown's crew.

7. AAarcher221

AAarcher221 NomDePlume: Jimmy Rustler

I'd be fine if they just did Stinger up as a red Camaro.

8. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heck, I'd be pretty happy if we got a three pack that included a premium painted Galvatron, a Stinger, direct repaint of Bumblebee, and some random figure from the last trilogy painted as a Vehicon. I think DOTM Jolt in a red paint job with green eyes would make for a nice Vehicon

I couldn't imagine them putting Lockdown and Galvatron in a set together, considering the two never actually interacted in the film. I think if anything Lockdown should have gone into the Breakout Battle/Farmagedon set instead of the Crankcase repaint

I think they do have the Pagani license. IIRC, the One-Step Stinger turns into a Pagani, rather than a modified look-a-like

9. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Deluxe Stinger should be an exclusive to a China convention box set.

10. zachprime86

zachprime86 AKA Launch Pad Destroyer

I'm so tired of these "Just paint stinger in to a red camero" He was a Pagani not a camero I want a Pagani. Assbro.

11. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

I'm loving these ideas especially repainting the movie 1 drones! Also yeah They need to remold Bumblebee into Stinger.

12. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    My ideas for Decepticon premium packs,

Galvatron online Premium pack
    - Voyager Galvatron with one sweet premium paint job to add that sculpted detail.
    - Deluxe Stinger
    - Voyager KSI Boss
    - Voyager Junkheap triplets

Lockdown and Minions Premium pack
    - Deluxe Lockdown
    - One of those minion things as a poseable figure with a gun
    - Cyber wolf thingy, Steeljaw?

Vehicon Premium pack
    - Deluxe Red Vehicon
    - Deluxe Black Vehicon
    - Deluxe White Vehicon

I would also love the Knight Ship as a Cyberverse play set like the Ark in DOTM and the Nemesis from ROTF wouldn't be bad Hasbro?

13. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I agree. I couldn't care less about his original alt-mode, just give us some version of him. Hell, I wouldn't even care if they just left him with the Bumblebee head.

14. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    Stinger was released in 2008 - they just printed "Cliffjumper" on the cards for some reason . . .

15. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I'd love a villains Platinum set. But I don't expect Hasbro or Takara to give us one. Toys of villain characters apparently don't sell very well, according to their mindset.

At any rate, a red repaint (with green eyes) of the new Deluxe Bumblebee mold for Stinger would be awesome. It ain't a Pagani in alt mode but at this point I don't give a shit. The bot mode is as screen accurate as it can be and it gets around any license issues that Pagani might have with such a figure (though I wonder if GM has a legal clause against their cars being portrayed as villains in toy form.... I want to say no since they're re-releasing the DOTM Deluxe Crankcase mold, a Decepticon whose alt mode is a Chevy Suburban, as a repaint in an upcoming set with rusty Evasion Mode Optimus and a Generations Skids redeco as Shane's Sonic car).

A repaint of a toy for Stinger is better than getting no toy at all. I mean, ROTF Sideways isn't an exact replica of an Audi R8 (but close enough), and Takara Advance Line Dino is a cool redeco of the Sideways mold despite being a Ferrari in the DOTM movie (and not an Audi R8). Accurate, no. Still neat figures to me.

Still not convinced that the new Deluxe Bumblebee mold won't make a good Stinger? Check out this Radicons custom: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/998919-stinger.html

16. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't forget ROTF Legends Wheelie repainted as the weird goggle eyed things from Lockdown's ship!

17. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    YES!

18. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie He will set us free

The sets called Autobots United and Dinobots unleashed this joke has probably been told many time but how about a Decepticons Outnumbered pack?

19. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a good idea but I'm wary that Hasbro has the idea that villains 'don't sell'. Other than that, I feel that the upcoming boxsets are pretty good!

20. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    As hard as it has been to find Galvatron locally, I'd take one in an instant.

*Galvatron
    *Lockdown
    *Stinger (repaint of new BB, I know its not the same car but I don't see a new mold coming any time soon)
    *Dispensor with Mountain Dew deco