Rarely right?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DrTraveler, May 14, 2014.

1. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thought it'd be interesting to have a thread about transformers you rarely see transformed correctly.

I'll start: WfC Optimus Prime. I can understand why it is so rarely shown correctly as he's got a fairly complex transformation with a lot going on. I don't think I've ever seen a video review that gets him 100% correct and I've read written reviews where reviewers confess they can't get his alt mode to work out at all.

What most folks miss is how the legs/back section fit together. If they do (rarely) realize the wheels are on a panel that can fold back, they miss that the smokestacks rotate. In bot mode they rotate to tab against the panel they lie along. In alt mode they rotate so the grooves in the smokestacks fit snug against the truck.

2. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to see tons of pictures of the Universe Prowl mold where people didn't know that the feet pull out.

3. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw the first few words of this thread via the hovertext, and immediately thought of WFC Optimus :lol  I always see people leave his kneepads rotated up and it bugs the heck out of me because it leaves a huge gap in his shins.

I also see Masterpiece Sideswipe without those vents on his legs folded down (I'm sure my terminology is incorrect, but those who own it know what I mean), but that's something that's very easy to forget. Had mine on display like that for a month without realizing it was wrong once.

The last one that immediately comes to mind is the Classics Starscream mold with his landing gear left out in robot mode.

4. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

The Masterpiece Lambo mold. SO many people here on the boards even seem to keep forgetting the inner leg panels. I understand some people not realising it or something but It seems that people keep forgetting that step. Even after being reminded or admitting they forgot it. Then they seem to do it again. It's like... why don't they remember?

5. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    For a while all of my MP Datsuns were mistransformed in that I never figured out how to peg that torso panel under the hood of the car. I got MP Smokescreen the other day and finally figured out that small detail.

6. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

That's a good point about the WFC mold but it never occurred to me I've been mistransforming FoC Prime incorrectly.

7. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I think I started a thread on this very topic a few months back...

RotF leader Prime... The wheel covers on his ankles rotate back and the plates on the backs of his calves pop out. Also, for movie accuracy, his "collar bone" panels should be arranged in a V pattern with the tops flat, not pushed forward.

MP-05 - The panels on the tops of his feet pull up to fill that area out.

MP-08 - Robot mode's kibble wings extend outward. Just pull them at the bottom corners. Also, although not technically a mis-transformation, he has a waist swivel. I rarely see this used.

MP-10 - His smokestacks push up in bot mode. This is forgotten quite a bit.

MP-11/03 - Shoulder vents push forward in bot mode.

MP-12/14 - The aforementioned inner leg panels as well as folding up the windows on his kibble backpack to streamline his silhouette. I see these left out all the time, making for big, boxy backpacks.

MP-13 - Thighs rotated the wrong way. Joint slots at the top of the thighs face forward in bot mode to allow for accuracy and proper articulation.

MP-17/18/19 - Already pointed out - properly clipping the ab piece to the underside of the hood/chest which also affects the kibble backpack locking in place. Not mentioned in the instructions, there is a crescent shaped slot in the armpit to hide away the canons in bot mode instead of hanging them down the back. Obviously intended for Prowl. Also, not a mis-transformation, but the joints immediately below the shoulders are often used in lieu of the actual elbows. Those joints are only present due to his arm transform and using them as elbows causes terrible arm proportions.