Rank the AOE dinobots you have so far.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SFSE, Jun 8, 2014.

1. SFSE

SFSE "Autobots inbound..."

News Credits:
    I'm referring to the 4 deluxes (Scorn, Slug, Strafe, and Slash) as well as voyager Grim. So 5 total.

Mine are:

1. Scorn
    2. Strafe
    3. Slug

Don't have the others yet. :) 

Can't wait for Slog!!!!!

2. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I don't have Strafe and Slash yet, but if I had to rank them I would say,

1) Leader Grimlock
    2) Deluxe Slug
    3) Deluxe Strafe
    4) Deluxe Slash
    5) Deluxe Scorn

Now I can't wait to get Snarl and Slog.

3. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

1.Voyager Grimlock
    2.Strafe
    3.Scorn
    4.Slug
    5.Slash

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Scorn
    Voyager Grimlock
    Strafe
    Slug
    Slash

5. Dachande

Dachande Very Hank. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Same here.
    Scorn is a lot of fun, and the transformation is quite intuitive.
    Voyager Grimlock just looks better than the leader class, and this mold has a lot of character.
    Strafe, while simplistic, is downright fun. The huge wingspan helps a good bit.
    Slug could be tied with Strafe because I like the heavy armor look.
    Slash is... well... he's blue-ish.

6. agent j 15

agent j 15 My Girlfriend's Husband Fights For Your Freedom

I've heard everyone hate on Leader Grimlock and Deluxe Slash, and honestly, I've had the most fun with those two. Yes, the Chrome on Grimmy is terrible, and Slash's robot mode looks like a M.A.R.S Hero or some shit, but they're so damn fun. Scorn is EASILY the best out of all of 'em though. Slug is okay...his robot mode just doesn't really do it for me. Strafe I think honestly looks like shit-I actually skipped him today and got Drift. I'm really waiting for Slog though-shit looks cray-cray.

7. Neekotron

Neekotron We're in Ratbat Country!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    1.Scorn
    2.Slag

I'm hoping to pick up Strafe this week and I'm pretty sure he'll overtake spot 2.

8. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

01. Strafe
    02. Scorn
    03. Slug
    04. voyager Grimlock

9. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still waiting to see them for the $9.

10. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

1. Scorn
    2. Slug
    3. (Voyager) Grimlock

Don't have Strafe yet, Slash isn't out yet, and Slog and Snarl are months away.

11. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    1. Slug.

Number 1! Number 1! Number 1!

12. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Swoop is the best. fantastic look and very playable.
    Voyager Grimlock is full of personality and has a kickass t-rex mode.
    Slug is really fiddly in bot mode and can't pose very well, but his triceratops mode is the cutest little baby.

13. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    scorn/leader grimlock
    strafe
    slug

slash

i absolutely love that scorn is able to move his head side to side in dino mode.. i REALLY wish they all had that ability, it makes posing his dino mode a lot of fun.

slash.. ugh.. first, i wish he was a commander class figure, that size would be perfect for him. the colors, well, they're the least of his problems. the weapons suck, he's got way to much crap hanging everywhere. even if all of that crap is part of his CG model, they should've changed the CG model. and lastly, the inwards bending elbows, i just can't stand it, and there's absolutely no excuse for FOUR out of seven of these dinobots to have them.

with strafe i got rid of those giant pegs on his wings so they can spin all the way up, sort of like they did on his G1 figure, only with those, they folded up.

i like leader grimlocks robot mode (i still hate the colors) i just wish he was bigger, a bit more accurate and his t rex mode wasn't so ugly.

14. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Of the ones I have...

1. Scorn
    2. Slug

Of what I've seen of reviews and what-not and what I'm planning on getting...

1. Scorn - One of the best dino-former formers ever, and a cracking deluxe toy all around
    2. Voyager Slog - He looks absolutely boss. Tranformation looks very interesting, and both modes are killer
    3. Snarl - I love the look of both modes, I adore the colours, the robot mode looks to be really clean. I'm really looking forward to him
    4. Voyager Grimlock - Best representation of Movie Grimmy in both modes, let down a bit by gappy hunched short tailed T-Rex mode, but still preferable to the Leaders absolutely ludicrous dino mode. Bot mode looks awesome and articulated, Dino mode will probably need a little work.
    5. Slash - Really love his dino mode, transformation is excellent. bot mode is a bit compromised, mainly in the arms, and there's been some looseness issues reported, and I'm not too keen on his tail just hanging down his back, but I'm still looking forward to him
    6. Slug - Really nice Trike mode, if a bit brick like. Wish his head could look up a little higher. Solid and visually interesting bot mode, and I love the way the arms form from the rib cage, but I don't like his dino leg placement. He's solid, but not spectacular.
    7. Strafe - Not a fan of Pteradon transformers in general. It's hard to make a good robot out of a slender body without one mode or the other being compromised. Strafe's no exception and his dino mode legs are awful, and his arms just cling to the bottom of his wings. I like the two heads, and his bot mode is good. Kudos also for making able to hold the pterosaur on all fours stance, but someone had to come last, and I just don't think he's as good a toy as the others.

15. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Scorn
    Leader Grimlock
    Strafe
    Slug
    Voyager Grimlock

Dishonorable mention: power attack Scorn

16. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *drumroll*

1. Scorn

17. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Super Mod TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1) Strafe.

I don't have any of the others...don't really want any of the others.

18. Codeveronicaxxx

Codeveronicaxxx Goddomasuta member

News Credits:
    1. Strafe.

But I want Scorn and maybe V. Grim if he drops price.

I really like the squished V. Grimlock look in Rex mode, it's super cute and has a lot of character I think. I was originally floored by Strafe's pictures and was a little over hyped by the time I got him in hand. He still looks awesome when I look at him posing but some times I feel bad when I hold him and see his faults. Scorn just looks like a very solid very cool looking fig.

Do wish I could get some of these in G1 colors not that I have a problem with the colors for most of the dinos though.

Speaking of Snarl, I love his dino mode but his robot looks really boring. I look forward to seeing more of him though. Similar with Slug, love his little purple dino mode but robot just doesn't do it for me.

19. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    1. Scorn
    2. Voyager Grimlock
    3. Slug
    4. Strafe

Aside from leader Grimmy, I have every intention of getting every Dinobot as they come out.

20. Switchblade

Switchblade One Flesh, One End

News Credits:
    This is on a scale of "most awesome" to "relatively less awesome:"

1. Voyager Grimlock - Not the most outstanding in any particular category, but overall the most solid. Robot mode is great and there are not major artuclation hurdles unless you insist on plugging in the forearm kibble. Transformation is fun and intuitive. Beast mode looks very cool and the metallic bronze and silver are gorgeous.

2. Slug - Overall, the best looking of the four I have. Both modes look fantastic, especially when you add some silver highlights to the bot chest. Transformation is kind of a pain, though, and the pointy shoes tend to bump against the tail too easily and throw stuff out of whack.

3. Strafe - Best looking robot mode, hands down. Absolutely gorgeous sculpt and fantastic paint that extends into beast mode with dem wings. The transformation is incredibly braindead, though, and the articulation is nearly ruined by gorilla arm syndrome.

4. Scorn - A great mold that is really nice in both modes. The robot legs are a little too short, though, which bothers me slightly. The biggest failing is the transformation. The PVC tail has a bitch of a time plugging in correctly and, on mine at least, the hip joints are really tight and tend to throw the butt assembly out of place during transformation. Looks good overall, but mechanically frustrating.

Still looking for Slash, but I'm not expecting greatness. The other two look amazing, though.