Random Transformers Thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Venixion, Aug 8, 2019.

1. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette JIMO AI! JIMO AI!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    With Megatron always having trouble of Starscream who always want to unsurp his position to become the Decepticon Leader, why didn't Optimus Prime also faces something similar where someone does has the malicious intent of get rid of Optimus Prime to become the new Autobot leader?

With characters like IDW Getaway who does show that some Autobot does have malicious intent (And in some cases, even worse than the Decepticons), why isn't this something that Optimus Prime even worries about?

Speaking of IDW Getaway, if that character is in the G1 cartoon; Would he be like the Autobot's "Starscream" who wants to get rid of Optimus Prime to become the leader?

2. Cyberbot8460

Cyberbot8460 the ryuko dude

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Okay, I definitely want TRIGGER to make a TF anime and am planning to start a campaign to get one. Who cares if it doesn't work, it's worth a try. I'm also interested in a Diaclone anime. I also want a Transformers anime/show that's all super robot-like. Something like the Brave series.

3. Revoticus

Revoticus Well-Known Member

They are making a new SSSS series called SSSS Dynazenon, expect more Transformers reference in the future. Its the closest they are going to make a Transformers anime unless the stars align and Takara or even Hasbro decide to call them up.

4. happy

happy Philosopher

I always thought Kup had his name because he was a picKup truck.

• Like Like x 5
  5. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    Sorry, I know this post is from a little bit ago, but I thought it was interesting and I wanted to respond to it.
    • Bumblebee - I think it makes the most sense for him to be a small sports car. You get the idea that he's small and scrappy, but also that he's young, energetic, and at times reckless. Something like an Audi TT is what I had in mind.
    • Optimus Prime - I think I'd go with long nosed truck, honestly. Long nosed trucks are cooler and also more common than flat nosed trucks. With regards to his mouth, I think he should have one under his faceplate.
    • Ironhide - Pickup truck, since it conveys the idea of someone who's very tough better than the van does.
    • Ratchet - Eh, I don't really think so. Maybe they can have some similarities, but I'd rather they have more unique designs, especially since pickups and ambulances have different shapes from each other.
    • Arcee - I'm not sold on either of those colorations, to be honest. Of the two, I think I prefer the pink, but it's a bit much to look at sometimes while the blue feels pretty generic. I did a digibash a while ago (it's probably in one of my old digibash threads, but I'm too lazy to find it) of Arcee in a purplish-pinkish-lavender kind of color, and I think I'd like to see that in the future.
    • Megatron - I think he should be a little bit taller than Optimus Prime. Not towering over him, but not identical in height either. Of the two options, I'd probably pick tank, but my personal favorite alt mode for Megatron will always be Animated's version of him as an attack helicopter.
    • Shockwave - Self-serving, Marvel G1 style, but definitely still cold, emotionless, and utterly logical in his approach.
    • Cliffjumper - No, I think there's more that could be done with the character than just that.
    • Breakdown - I like the paranoid wreck of G1 more.
    • Barricade - He should be a rival to Bumblebee. I think Shockwave would make a better rival for Prowl, since there seems to be more interesting common ground than just alt modes there.
    • Hot Rod, because Rodimus sounds kind of silly. I do like @Honorbound's suggestion of calling him Excellion, though, with Hot Rod being a nickname that he's given. Maybe that's because I keep on mistaking the Cybertron Excellion toy for Hot Rod, though. :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  6. SpiraPhantom

SpiraPhantom Decepticon Propagandist

Isn't it attributed to their ideologies? With Megatron's "might makes right" rule the Decepticons would have easier time taking over after Megatron, being legitimized simply by defeating him, thus proving their superiority. Optimus, meanwhile, doesn't follow that. His position is legitimized by his Matrix of Leadership and the immense respect Autobots hold for him personally, not simply for the powers he wields and skills he possesses. If someone was to kill Optimus in order to usurp him, once the fact was exposed (because of course it would be with guys like Prowl in the faction) the usurper would be as good as dead - the Autobots would never accept their command.

• Like Like x 8
  7. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

Grimlock somewhat played that role in some continuities but wasn't quite as outright as Starscream.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

Thanks, man! Your idea of Bumblebee being an Audi TT is inspired. It's the best of both worlds.

9. Cyberbot8460

Google+:
    YouTube:
    This is an absolutely lit Optimus design.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  10. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi every copy of obakachantachi 64 is personalized

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So I saw HasLab's Unicron being transformed for the first time and I came up with this nickname for him: The $600 shellforming Pok├ęball.

Interestingly, wasn't Hot Shot an Audi TT too in Armada or Energon?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cyberbot8460

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Arcee is a very inconsistent character in terms of personality, besides the warrior part. I like to go with a mix of a bunch of Arcee personalities. A friendly yet spunky and bold bot and an accomplished warrior whose excessive care of her best friend Hot Rod sometimes gets in the way.

12. SpiraPhantom

Why is it when I look for depictions of Shattered Glass Optimus, the guy's even more horrific than whatever Megatron the verse has? Logic dictates they should be somewhere around the same level of horrific, but Shattered Glass Optimus is quite often even worse than the bucket-head.

13. shellformer

shellformer @

Maybe he feels he has to compensate because he "just" turns into a truck instead of a tank.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:
    Why DOES Megatron keep Starscream around and in high command? There's no logical explanation I can think of that makes any sense.

Keep your friends close and enemies closer doesn't make sense since Starscream pulls this shit constantly. Imprisoning, killing, dropping his rank to zilch, or forcing an obedience program on him like the Combatis, seems to be more in line with Megatron's thinking if that were the case.

They can't stand each other, so its not out of friendship.

• Like Like x 2
  15. SpiraPhantom

I always thought it's a combination of two reasons:
    - Megatron knows the way Starscream thinks. It's less "keep your friends close and enemies closer" and more "better the devil you know rather than the devil you don't". And even then, he's about the only person most likely person to attack Megatron directly - any other usurper would first need to get through Starscream and the second-in-command didn't get his position by flicking his wings. Starscream would take care of most potential usurpers for Megatron, making the warlord's job easier as he only has to subdue Starscream himself - a well-known and extremely predictable threat.
    - Starscream, in many continuities, is a formidable commander and fighter, in some continuities even demonstrating scientific expertise. It may be forgotten due to his infamy regarding assassination attempts on Megatron, but he is a badass. You can't dispose of such a unit without suffering consequences. Animated Starscream takes on the entire five-bot team, takes out Megatron, reducing him to a head for the entirety of the first season and forces the Decepticons to war on two fronts whenever he appears; Prime Decepticons' stability drops once Megatron resumes command from Starscream and a number of their plans are derailed by Starscream once he defects; Cyberverse Decepticons lose their seekers who defect after Starscream and so on. It can be accepted as logical that Starscream's value overweights his treacherous tendencies. Not to mention that these tendencies extend only to Megatron personally - Starscream is usually extremely loyal to the Decepticon cause and the faction itself.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Fallout

Fallout you finally met your nemesis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    because shattered glass has no actual ideas besides "the autobots are EVIL so theyre all MURDERY and MEAN!!"

17. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

It's a cynical lesson for the kids. Once you start working, there's always at least one asshole in the place. Usually a manager.

I wonder if the Powered Convoy figure was ever considered to be used as an armoured up version of Optimus Prime by Hasbro, given his opposite number Megatron was upgraded into Galvatron?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:
    @SpiraPhantom He recruits other decepticons into his plots and throws them under the bus as soon as he's caught. How is that loyal to the cause? But I can see the merit of much of what you say too.

:lolol  Finally the mystery has been unraveled!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cyberbot8460

Google+:
    YouTube:
    i want alternate universe stories to completely flip Transformers, show us things we never expected

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Headmaster Compatible

I just realized Transformers Almanac is a pun off of the Farmers' Almanac.