Random Transformers Thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Venixion, Aug 8, 2019.

1. DiamondTiara

DiamondTiara Class President TFW2005 Supporter

I want the Decepticons to win in a show, come on, just once, please.

• Like Like x 7
  2. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    For a new alternate universe TF entry, I just want humans that isn't idiots and get fooled easily by the Decepticons; Rather, I'll prefer to have proper human allies that stays loyal to the Autobots and willing to sacrifices themselves to assists them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Override Prime

Override Prime Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Armada comics where Demolishor scans an ordinary grey earth tank with a turret and everything, and turns into an olive and red treaded AA platform.

Because it's hard to find an altmode that fits their jobs and personality while still integrating their minions.
    My vote would be for SUV or van type cars where the cassettes hide inside the back, with parts of them that look like speakers showing through the back window.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

It'd be cool for Earth to have a distinct personality to it rather than being simply a backdrop for giant robot action.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

A series where every side is just a team in a great big tournament. Bots, cons, maximals, predacons, velocitrons, dinobots get their own team, wreckers get their own team, djd get their own team, etc. You skirt around the war elements of the franchise for symbolic warfare elements, you get to keep the trademark factions, and people don't have to feel weird for rooting for any team because they're the "bad guys". Something like battle ball, or the space Olympics.

• Like Like x 6
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    So... Like MECH but good guys. And martirs.
    Or like the binary partnered factions with Headmasters etc...
    It might be cool if they did a fiction where both factions have well-defined and useful fleshling allies.

And if you combine these it might be cool to have a kind of Transformers story where there exists somekind of Gundam situation on earth. But without the more superpowered elements of Gundam.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Move away from Earth and spend time on Cybertron and other alien planets again.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've thought of something along the lines of this. It'd be nice for Transformers to meet up with an already advanced humanity. One that's just become space-faring (but not apart of a galactic council or something like that) and in possession of complex robotics like complete mecha suits and what not. What I've always wanted is humanity making a task force of sentient AI to oppose the Cybertronians if they're going to be at odds.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah. That would be interesting as a TF fiction for an older audience in that it would allow for the various factions to forge loose alliances that fall apart regularly through deceit and fear.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

The idea of sentient AI as a foil to the Transformers is really fascinating. It could open up some interesting questions about the nature of Cybertronian life and life in general.

There's also a degree of irony at work, that humans would make sentient robots to repel sentient robots.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Venixion

News Credits:

So Transformers meets Exo-Squad?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Lionheart

News Credits:
    It would be something existentially disturbing for the Cybertronians and AI alike. The Cybertronians would probably see the AI as sparkless, artificial, abominations who are slaves to humanity.

• Like Like x 7
  13. Venixion

News Credits:

Well I mean there was Nightbird.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lionheart

News Credits:
    Funny that you bring up Nightbird. She's the exact inspiration for the idea. Imagine giving her an origin in which she's built by a team of scientists to be the first of many sentient AI who are designed to combat Cybertronians and defend a comparatively helpless humanity. She'd be designed to be stealthy and deadly like in the G1 cartoon where she was pretty much taking down everyone at close range, including Megatron because well...She's an assassinbot.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Venixion

News Credits:

I theorize that's what she was for anyway? You don't make a giant ninja assassin bot when there's sentient alien robots trying to take over your planet for no reason. Especially when you request that other sentient alien robots guard and retrieve it. Fujiyama and his team were smart enough about not putting all their eggs in one basket. Too bad the D-cons got hold of her first. She's such a bad-ass.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Leopold Xerovsky

Leopold Xerovsky Capricious Chill

I think I just accidentally convinced myself that I like ROTF more than the rest of the bay movies and bee. Like, because it's more memorable. That seems weird, is that weird? That's weird.

• Like Like x 1
  17. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    Maybe it just me watching too much JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, but what would happen if a TF was get shot by a Stand Arrow? Would they also get injured and get a Stand after they recovered, or nothing happens?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lionheart

News Credits:
    That's a great way to make a Cybertronian near invincible. They're already so hard to kill and are capable of immense destruction. Y'know a lot of those PotP Prime powers were a lot like stand powers.
    Hmm...Overlord reminds me a lot of Dio.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ron8675309

ron8675309 Exploding Salamander Of Exploding Salamanders

Aren't Stand Arrows' mutagenic properties due to an alien virus in them or something? That would be unlikely to work on an inorganic lifeform like a Transformer.

...But if they did, Jazz and Blaster would be the only ones worth giving them to. I don't believe Soundwave knows anything about music and only listens to CSPAN transcripts.

• Like Like x 2
  20. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    With TFs having all sort of interesting weapons, I wonder if there's one that uses auto-propelled Funnels (like the fin funnels equipped on the Nu Gundam or Strike Freedom Gundam) to fight against enemies.

If Bumblebee who is supposed to be an Autobot have a "Decepticon Red-eye" emergency mode like in the Bumblebee movie, I wonder if other Autobots like Optimus Prime can also activates it in emergency combat situation.

• Like Like x 3