Random Transformers Thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Venixion, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Roverlord

Roverlord Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Re: Hovercraft

I did find a few that are kind of the same shape as Scourge, but i have no idea of many of their names or if any of them is old enough for 1984.

[​IMG]
    Unlabeled

[​IMG]
    Hover Craft Turbo 235 Superwedge (EDIT: Nope, it's 1988)

[​IMG]
    Hover Craft Scat (1982, but it's really round, the previous one would've been better)

[​IMG]
    Who the fuck knows

[​IMG]
    Hovercraft Air Commander Three (AC3) (propably 1995-2005, so nope again)

[​IMG]
    Who the fuck knows, again

• Like Like x 1
  2. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

There’s actually a scene in the movie just before Galvatron tells scourge and the sweeps that “ There are plenty of autobots for you ultra Magnus is mines” In which you actually see the head raise up from behind the panel.

It’s about one of the only times I think it happened
    Maybe I should’ve specified a little bit better

Scourge like most of the other new characters for the movie was Actually inspired by concept vehicles from the 1970s and 80s

So it’s not like there was ever any actual production of those vehicles, but it was based on designs, and maybe even a prototype of what they thought hovercrafts of the future would look like

Over 10 years ago I found a wonderful article on all the vehicles that were used or inspired most of the season three and movie cast and I did save some of the pictures of those vehicles but I didn’t save all of them and haven’t been able to find that article again

If you want to see any of those prototype pictures that I may still have, I could probably send them to you in a PM

3. Roverlord

News Credits:
    Yes, i did figure those things weren't real. I'm just trying to find the closest Earth thing that actually existed in the relevant time period to label it as, because this would be before The Movie's scifi 2005 (when the altmodes tended to be real).

Please do.

4. Pencilerobo

Pencilerobo Well-Known Member

Hovercraft are neat in fiction, but pretty rare. Even more asinine in an active combat scenario (outside of G.I.Joe) where all you need to do is shoot the big dumb skirt beneath the carrier. US Navy uses them to haul tanks. It's practically an inverted airship.

It may be more sensible to just make Scourge a helicopter. A Chinook could work with the rear most rotor mast/nest assembly mapping to the swept back head unit. Plus as a troop carrier it could play into Scourge and his Sweeps much in the same way Soundwave and his cassettes work. Rotor blades could make for bladed weapons as well.

chinook_heli.jpeg

Fits better with the Decepticon aircraft motif and less derpy than a hovercraft - despite my love for the G.I.Joe Nightforce hovercraft...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Dbussy

Dbussy Songs about happiness, murmured in dreams

It’s reinforced cybertronian rubber (or whatever hovercraft skirts are made from)

6. Pencilerobo

It's the scale.

A personal hovercraft is a gussied up Airboat, and not even Chuck Norris can make an airboat intimidating.

INVASION_USA.jpg

The more practical hovercraft in no way has the same visual profile / shape of Scourge.

LCAC_hovercraft.jpeg

Which would make him Seapray and Beachcomber's worst enemy. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  7. nune

nune neurospicy-flavored blitzwing fanatic (ey/em)

News Credits:
    in the Hasbro designers' basement. Hi, Mark!
    Instagram:
    First thought I had upon seeing that meme.

upload_2023-11-20_17-14-2.png

• Like Like x 1
  8. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

If the BW Predacons as a team appear in the ROTB continuity I was thinking it'd be cool if they minus Megatron could become a combiner. Then each one represents a different group of animal that the BW1 Preds are associated with: Insect, Crustacean, Arachnid, Reptile, Amphibian (Spittor shot got concept art for the film), and Dinosaur.

Dinobot for Dino, Waspinator for Bug, and Rampsge for crustacean, but the others have options. Ideas?

Edit: popularity gives these 3 those spots even if they're others and Spittor is the only amphibian.

• Like Like x 1
  9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why are the people at Hasbro such cowards when it comes to making more Trainformers?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pencilerobo

Railroad in North America seems to have been relegated to invisible industrial use, barring the railway catastrophes we've seen over the past year. Meanwhile trains (actual high speed rail, not the bullsh*t (("up to 80MPH" LOL LMAO LMFAO)) that gets peddled in the US) are viable and thriving in other parts of the world.

So the same reason we don't see box trucks, postal carrier, and UPS vehicles in the line.

Hard to sell non-train enthusiasts on a cool bullet train when the bulk of your trains are still Astro-train tier.

I would absolutely settle for the RID trains as a Core Class combiner.

In general I would like to see more utility and construction vehicles (let's get some Tonka bucks over here) added to the line as well.

The Infrastructurebots? thinkingemojimeme.png

11. Dbussy

Dbussy Songs about happiness, murmured in dreams

I read this is transformers and was so confused

totally agree with all of this, we must invest in infrastructure (the uk has such shitty trains too) so that hasbro sees it as financially viable to make more trains, I love rail racer!!

I like making OCs of utility vehicles for this exact reason, so far I have a bin lorry called compactor, a tractor called Bigwheel, and a cool truck I saw outside of work with a tipping bed and grabbing crane thing that I called Abductor

• Like Like x 2
  12. Nitrostorm the skystriker

Nitrostorm the skystriker Average Transformers Prime fan

Ramhorn - Insect
    Sea Clamp - Crustacean
    Taranthulus - Arachnid
    Spittor - Amphibian
    Terrorsaur - Reptile & Dinosaur (Dinosaurs are Reptiles)

13. Patrickab7

Patrickab7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Want CHUG Trainbots.

• Like Like x 2
  14. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heck I’d settle for Core Class Combiner Raiden.

15. Roverlord

News Credits:
    And he spent 4 million years in a coma. You propably don't mature any while you're in a coma.

16. Primeultra

Primeultra Well-Known Member

I know, but that’s kind of my point.

We have absolutely no clue when it comes to the backgrounds of a lot of the other characters

They could’ve been put in very similar states of animation for a butt load of different issues. I could’ve easily have been electronically shut down due to Any number of reasons

17. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ジェノサイダー

News Credits:
    I got into a surprisingly passionate argument about Shockwave's G1 head, specifically in the cartoon.

Like, is that blinking light on his head an eye? Or is just a blinky light that lights up when he talks!?

18. renkencen

renkencen Seekers of the cheaper prices

News Credits:
    Ok so ever since Chric Mcfeely made a video on the Rescuse Bots, I finally give it a watch (why nobody told me it was kinda like MLP:FiM as in the target audience was little kids but also drawn in the older crowds? Granted I wasn't back into the TF fandom back in the late 00's).

I'm on season 1 episode 20 at the moment.

Got a few questions about future episodes I want to see like-

1 Is there an epsisode were Chase and Chief don't get alone or argue about something?
    While I don't hate Chase but so far he's kinda "plain" when it come to the partners dymanic since he and Chief get along as he put it in episode 1 or 2. Like Blade hate height but Dani like dangerous air maneuver.

2 Does Kade ever admit he cares Heatwave as a friend?
    Yes I know he cares later on in a Tsunade way but does he openly admit it to Heatwave himself?

3 Is there a flashback episode on how Chief meet Optimus?
    Just kinda find it weird how they know each out of the blue? I get the connection between this and Prime is not strong but still.

If you don't want to spoiled me then that's fine but a simple yes or no answer will do!

19. Roverlord

News Credits:
    Mandroid is just the new Circuit Breaker

• Like Like x 1
  20. Roverlord

News Credits:
    Of course it's his eye. What else would he see with, since he's clearly not blind?